Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deleting Whatsapp app

Options
  • 26-04-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭

Not sure where is the best place to post this so feel free to move it.

I am considering temporarily deleting whatsapp. I don't want to delete my account, just "turn it off" for a while.

I'm wondering what happens if I delete the app off my iphone. When I decide to reinstall the app will all of the conversations be lost? I have it synced to my iCloud back up, however as my phone as **** memory it hasn't backed up in yonks. Does this mean that conversations won't be recovered?
    Or maybe they can't be recovered at all, regardless and if you delete the app it deletes all the convos?

Does anyone know how this works?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭acuriouscat

HiGlo wrote: »
    Not sure where is the best place to post this so feel free to move it.

I am considering temporarily deleting whatsapp. I don't want to delete my account, just "turn it off" for a while.

I'm wondering what happens if I delete the app off my iphone. When I decide to reinstall the app will all of the conversations be lost? I have it synced to my iCloud back up, however as my phone as **** memory it hasn't backed up in yonks. Does this mean that conversations won't be recovered?
    Or maybe they can't be recovered at all, regardless and if you delete the app it deletes all the convos?

Does anyone know how this works?

As far as I know Ul need to back up the phone with iCloud first. The conversations won't b saved otherwise Then delete the app. If u delete the app rather than deactivate people can still send you messages and Ul get them once u reinstall but if u deactivate u won't get messages. I think that's right but don't quote me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Whatsapp automatically backs up all conversations. You should do this manually first before deleting the app. You won't receive messages until you reinstall the app. Any old conversations will appear again.

Advertisement