Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Confusion over my contract

Options
  • 26-04-2015 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭

Hi - Can you follow up on my account.

- End March: I rang up to cancel my account and was offered 50% off for 6 months which i accepted

- End April: Was called by Eircom saying they would like to offer me 5 euro off my bill. They asked if i can confirm i accept and that they will then go through the terms to which i responded 'No, Id like you to go through the terms first' so the agent precceded saying that I would get this and that and 5 euro off my old bill price (Which would be 20e dearer that what i agreed to at end of march. The agent had no record of this previos agreement

- End April: I was charged full amont in latest bill

Do you not record calls? Or at least sent confirmation email on agreements made over the phone? Seems like this should be common practice?

Acc: <snip>

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

- End March: I rang up to cancel my account and was offered 50% off for 6 months which i accepted

- End April: Was called by Eircom saying they would like to offer me 5 euro off my bill. They asked if i can confirm i accept and that they will then go through the terms to which i responded 'No, Id like you to go through the terms first' so the agent precceded saying that I would get this and that and 5 euro off my old bill price (Which would be 20e dearer that what i agreed to at end of march. The agent had no record of this previos agreement

Do you not record calls? Or at least sent confirmation email on agreements made over the phone? Seems like this should be common practice?

Hi fluff_daddy

I'm sorry to hear of this, I have looked in to your account history and I do see that you were speaking with a member of the loyalty team on the 30th of March however no package was applied.

I can also see that you were speaking with a member of accounts on the 24th of April where equally no package was applied.

As according to the case notes (for the discussion on the 31st of March) there is no record of an offer of 50% discount for six months. To lodge an appeal to have the call recording listened to by a member of management you will need to log an official complaint where a case is sent for investigation and upon completion of the investigation you are contacted within 10 days.

You can log an official complaint by choosing one of the four routes available and detailed here: http://support.eircom.net/article/codeofpractice

I fully understand the cause for concern with this so once you have lodged a complaint please feel free to PM me the reference number and I will note your urgency to the case notes with the hope that it speeds up a timely resolution

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭fluff_daddy

10 days is well past by now Al?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Hi fluff_daddy

I'm sorry to hear of this, I have looked in to your account history and I do see that you were speaking with a member of the loyalty team on the 30th of March however no package was applied.

I can also see that you were speaking with a member of accounts on the 24th of April where equally no package was applied.

As according to the case notes (for the discussion on the 31st of March) there is no record of an offer of 50% discount for six months. To lodge an appeal to have the call recording listened to by a member of management you will need to log an official complaint where a case is sent for investigation and upon completion of the investigation you are contacted within 10 days.

You can log an official complaint by choosing one of the four routes available and detailed here: http://support.eircom.net/article/codeofpractice

I fully understand the cause for concern with this so once you have lodged a complaint please feel free to PM me the reference number and I will note your urgency to the case notes with the hope that it speeds up a timely resolution

Thanks
    Al
    You mention case notes - were these call recorded?

I'm sorry to hear you were not contacted by complaints yet fluff_daddy

Please leave this with me and I will ensure that will be be contacted and updated with 24 hours.

Thanks
    Al

Please leave this with me and I will ensure that will be be contacted and updated with 24 hours.

Thanks
    Al
    Any update?

• Advertisement

Thanks
    Al
    Any update?
    Apologies fluff_daddy

I will need to contact you myself to discus this, I'm very sorry complaints have not contacted you yet but I will have a full resolution for you if you can take a call at 10.30 tomorrow morning?

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al
    Any update?
    Apologies fluff_daddy

I will need to contact you myself to discus this, I'm very sorry complaints have not contacted you yet but I will have a full resolution for you if you can take a call at 10.30 tomorrow morning?

Thanks
    Al
    Ring away ya boy ya!

Thanks
    Al
    Any update?
    Apologies fluff_daddy

Thanks
    Al
    Ring away ya boy ya!
    I will do :)

Speak at 10.30 fluff daddy

AL

Thanks
    Al
    Any update?
    Apologies fluff_daddy

Thanks
    Al
    Ring away ya boy ya!

AL
    sending you my number in PM

Thanks
    Al
    Any update?
    Apologies fluff_daddy

Thanks
    Al
    Ring away ya boy ya!

AL
    sending you my number in PM
    Thanks for taking my call fluff_daddy

Please let me know which option you have went for and I'll ensure everything is applied correctly this time

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

PM Sent Alan

PM Sent Alan
    Hi fluff_daddy

Sorry for missing your PM yesterday afternoon - The package will need to be applied by a member of eircom loyalty team and specific instruction is required over a call from the account holder.

You can reach them on free phone 1901 (choose every option to "remove service" when you enter your number and you will get through to the cancellations & loyalty team.

Cheers
    Al

HI Alan, going round in circles with this again. Can you check current status of this?

HI Alan, going round in circles with this again. Can you check current status of this?
    Hi Fluff_daddy

Thanks for your recent PM

Following your PM and my investigations I can also confirm that the following actions were taken on your account :

1. Change name to the name requested
    2. 60 credit was applied
    3. Bill to be 38 per month for 6 months.

Thanks

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Absolute jokers!

-Freebird- wrote: »
    Absolute jokers!
    Sorry to hear you feel this way - I can assure you this is in no way considered a joking matter.

I have responded to your other post should you wish to PM me your details I will be happy to help you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mooha00

Well, my experience has certainly been a good impression of a comedy sketch. I have been dealing with the Head of Communications for two weeks now, still not resolved.

I'll just be happy to share my story with as many people as possible before they make the mistake of signing up with Eircom.

Advertisement