Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekday parking in Maynooth.

Options
  • 26-04-2015 6:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where I can park my car in Maynooth, Mon-Fri? The car will be left there from 8am until about 5.30pm. I had a look around the area and noticed plenty of parking near the Tesco shopping centre. Could I leave it there? The train station is only a 10 min walk from there.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 156 ✭✭Endthescam

Berserker wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me where I can park my car in Maynooth, Mon-Fri? The car will be left there from 8am until about 5.30pm. I had a look around the area and noticed plenty of parking near the Tesco shopping centre. Could I leave it there? The train station is only a 10 min walk from there.

There's a paid car park in the town centre that is a short walk by the canal to the station.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Berserker

Endthescam wrote: »
    There's a paid car park in the town centre that is a short walk by the canal to the station.

Thank you. Any idea of the cost involved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

€5 a day. It's on Leinster Street - up past the police station.

There is also a free on at the Glenroyal. On the left as you're facing the shopping centre. But it's usually fairly full. On street parking is currently free also but that will change later this year.

There's also the train station itself if you're there early enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

The nearest corner of Tesco car park to the main street is ok isn't it?

SQ2 wrote: »

I checked that out and it looks good. The area near the post office and cleaners. When are they bringing in paid parking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

As far as I know that has a 2 hour limit. They'll let you away with overnight etc. but if they notice your car there all day every day you'll get fined.

No its a private car park for people doing business in the town. Not for people abusing the place as a massive Park and ride bringing nothing but traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,308 ✭✭✭The Mulk

Berserker wrote: »

Head down to Louisa Bridge, Large car park facing the train station and only €8 a week and you can pay online in advance
    I don't know where you're travelling from or if you live in Maynooth so this mightn't suit

• Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭SQ2

Endthescam wrote: »
    No its a private car park for people doing business in the town. Not for people abusing the place as a massive Park and ride bringing nothing but traffic.

But you're ok with it if they pay €5 a day right in the centre of the town?
    All the streets of the town are a park and ride at the minute, surely something on the edge of the town is better?

But you're ok with it if they pay €5 a day right in the centre of the town?
    All the streets of the town are a park and ride at the minute, surely something on the edge of the town is better?

At least they're paying for the privilege and not blocking spaces that can be used by people with actual business in the town.

• Advertisement

I agree with endthescam tbh. Paid on street parking won't come in until the new car park on doctor's lane is open - not sure when that is due. When that happens the only free parking will be in shopping centres and it won't be long before the others follow Supervalu's lead and bring in clamping for people parking there all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Anyone know around what time in the morning is the car park for the train usually full?

Appreciated
    Ronan

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Anyone ever see a car clamped in the car park down past the Garda station? The new big one...............apparently it doesn't happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

No but I have seen a NCPS van driving round it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,326 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Staplor wrote: »
    Anyone ever see a car clamped in the car park down past the Garda station? The new big one...............apparently it doesn't happen.

Pretty sure I have tbh.

Lets all keep an eye out. NCPS would be in the Donatellos one alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭ixus

Three cars clamped in by Donatellos Sunday evening.

ixus wrote: »
    Three cars clamped in by Donatellos Sunday evening.

Saturday and Sunday were OTT with cars abandoned in ridiculous places. On Sunday, they even parked on the green areas in Silken Vale.

Yeah there's clamping in Donatellos, I mean the big one that is €5 for the day, opposite the entrance to Donatellos car park

No but I have seen a NCPS van driving round it

That car park has no NCPS signage so not there. Could be private clamping but I've never seen one. On an aside I saw in the window of Brady's Auctioneers that the car park site has been sold.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Orion wrote: »
    That car park has no NCPS signage so not there. Could be private clamping but I've never seen one. On an aside I saw in the window of Brady's Auctioneers that the car park site has been sold.

Strange - maybe he was checking out the competition :D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭shoehorn

youngblood wrote:
    Anyone know around what time in the morning is the car park for the train usually full?

Around 8.30am

Advertisement