Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Former award winning band seeks new members

Options
  • 26-04-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

So, in 2000 a band I was in won a major, national competition. After things fizzled out I always had the feeling of unfinished business.

I have joined with a drummer/bassist/guitarist and we have 8-10 good songs (imo) already demo-ed, most old, some new, all good, etc. and now we need musicians and a vocalist.

Although the original band featured a male vocalist I wouldn't be adverse to a female vocalist. Especially if she played the piano.
    After that we need Drums or bass or guitar.....whichever turns up first.

The songs:
    .....are all on Youtube but it won't let me post them as I'm a first time poster.

So ad this to the Youtube address results?q=demos+bert+sugarman&sp=QgIIAQ%253D%253D

And specify it's bert you're searching for....I'll have to go in and change that. I didn't realise Burt was so famous.
    "Demos" is a playlist of 8 songs and there's another tune underneath called "Anna".

These are rough versions of songs recorded a long time ago and as such can be made sound however feels best.

Overall I'd be going for a Midlake, Fleetwood Mac, Wilco, Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, Grandaddy, Ziggy Stardust, Sufjan Stevens kind of vibe.

But I'm very open-minded.

Incidentals: I'm 33, male, based in Dublin CC.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Idaho Ver. 3

Just add the following on to the Youtube address:

/watch?v=2U80H7Dq67Y&list=PLb2IYmOJ1wV9E4zWA1KM7UQpOo4wXun2h

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Dean200882

So, in 2000 a band I was in won a major, national competition. After things fizzled out I always had the feeling of unfinished business.

I have joined with a drummer/bassist/guitarist and we have 8-10 good songs (imo) already demo-ed, most old, some new, all good, etc. and now we need musicians and a vocalist.

Although the original band featured a male vocalist I wouldn't be adverse to a female vocalist. Especially if she played the piano.
    After that we need Drums or bass or guitar.....whichever turns up first.

The songs:
    .....are all on Youtube but it won't let me post them as I'm a first time poster.

So ad this to the Youtube address results?q=demos+bert+sugarman&sp=QgIIAQ%253D%253D

And specify it's bert you're searching for....I'll have to go in and change that. I didn't realise Burt was so famous.
    "Demos" is a playlist of 8 songs and there's another tune underneath called "Anna".

These are rough versions of songs recorded a long time ago and as such can be made sound however feels best.

Overall I'd be going for a Midlake, Fleetwood Mac, Wilco, Flaming Lips, Mercury Rev, Grandaddy, Ziggy Stardust, Sufjan Stevens kind of vibe.

But I'm very open-minded.

Incidentals: I'm 33, male, based in Dublin CC.
    How's things I'm a vocalist that would be in to doing that sort off genre if intrested get back to me thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Idaho Ver. 3

Dean200882 wrote: »
    How's things I'm a vocalist that would be in to doing that sort off genre if intrested get back to me thanks

Hi Dean,

First of all, here are the songs:

/watch?v=2U80H7Dq67Y&list=PLb2IYmOJ1wV9E4zWA1KM7UQpOo4wXun2h

Just add to youtube address

If you're still interested could you tell me a bit more about yourself?

Rob

Advertisement