Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

!! History HL 2015 ... predictions, guesses and discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭LeeLee97

MarkLC2015 wrote: »
    Are you serious?? It's so easy! You talk about the rallies, the youth , cinema and films, radio and goebbles!

It's what my history teacher calls a lot about a little. Can't see it constituting a full question and if it does well then f**k it

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭IrishLoriii

LeeLee97 wrote: »
    It's what my history teacher calls a lot about a little. Can't see it constituting a full question and if it does well then f**k it

Even witthat you can bring in Goebbels and Leni Riefenstahl it is honestly a lovely question to get but Id say they mark it hard because everyone likes it

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Sorry for asking so many questions :p what's everyone learning for Ireland 1870-1914? I'm hoping for an essay on Michael Davit / Parnell on home rule :/ would it be a waste of time learning the Lockout since it came up last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Chef Tony

Sorry for asking so many questions :p what's everyone learning for Ireland 1870-1914? I'm hoping for an essay on Michael Davit / Parnell on home rule :/ would it be a waste of time learning the Lockout since it came up last year?

Not only last year but the year before that as well. You would be lucky to see a triple whammy. A comparison between Butt and Parnell might come up, and land reform is due a show also

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭DUBLINHITMAN97

Chef Tony wrote:
    Not only last year but the year before that as well. You would be lucky to see a triple whammy. A comparison between Butt and Parnell might come up, and land reform is due a show also

Thank you :) I didn't notice that it came up in 2013 too :O My teacher predicted an essay on Parnell and davit so fingers crossed :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭gracew

Can anyone tell me if I'll be safe just learning absolutely everything about hitler for dictatorships and democracy?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭tr0llface

I'd say you will, I have only learnt war technology so far but tomorrow morning I'm focusing on hitter state etc.

My teacher was doubtful about Davitt/land making an appearance cus land reform with Parnell came up last year...

tr0llface wrote: »
    I'd say you will, I have only learnt war technology so far but tomorrow morning I'm focusing on hitter state etc.

My teacher was doubtful about Davitt/land making an appearance cus land reform with Parnell came up last year...

I was going to learn that actually, is there a good chance it could come up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 liamcahill1234

My Treaty book gives a bunch of background, do we actually need to know all that? Like will a question come up war of on the independence?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 liamcahill1234

My Treaty book gives a bunch of background, do we actually need to know all that? Like will a question come up war of on the independence?

New tablet, excuse my jumbled words

• Advertisement

gracew wrote: »
    I was going to learn that actually, is there a good chance it could come up?

Yeah I don't think it's been on since 2011

Hardly likely, after outrage over Belfast last year, I'd say it'll be a pretty straightforward question. Maybe just have a short bit the start of your essay saying Ireland England in a bitter war of indo since 1919

tr0llface wrote: »
    Yeah I don't think it's been on since 2011

Is that not in the American section?

No I'm 100% sure it's Topic 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭irishlad12345

going to sleep now so i want to wish everyone the best of luck 2moro we will be fine im sure :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3 g96

I'm doing Europe topics 3 and 6 and Ireland topic 2, would anyone be able to tell me if I'd be ok by just studying the following:

Dictatorship and democracy - Hitler's rise to power, foreign + domestic policy and a bit about Mussolini (I'll probably have to do something else too but haven't looked at Russia in over a year so..)

America - Montgomery bus boycott + race relations and Vietnam (including LBJ and Reagan)

Ireland topic 2 - pls send help. I'll try and cover Parnell and Home Rule but I find this stuff hard to learn

Any advice at all! Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30 libra33

Does anybody do Division and Realignment? Any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Tractorman321

Is there a Spanish one of these?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sxcshoes

g96 wrote: »
    I'm doing Europe topics 3 and 6 and Ireland topic 2, would anyone be able to tell me if I'd be ok by just studying the following:

Dictatorship and democracy - Hitler's rise to power, foreign + domestic policy and a bit about Mussolini (I'll probably have to do something else too but haven't looked at Russia in over a year so..)

America - Montgomery bus boycott + race relations and Vietnam (including LBJ and Reagan)

Ireland topic 2 - pls send help. I'll try and cover Parnell and Home Rule but I find this stuff hard to learn

I am doing the same topics. I don't know if you'd be ok in D+D. But then again no one is certain that what they're doing will come up.

For America that's pretty much the same as me except I'm doing Truman too. So I'd say you're safe.

For Ireland then, I'm doing everything on Home Rule and the strike too. I'd advise to learn the Strike as it does come up often enough.

Hope I helped. Good luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 spottyapples

g96 wrote: »

I'm doing the same D&D topics and the same American topics. I don't do that Ireland section sorry, but hopefully we'll be covered under the other two

I can't learn anymore information but I doubt I even know enough at this point, how bad is this really?
    For D+D:
    -all about hitler
    -a bit about Stalin
    - reasons fascism grew in Europe

For USA:
    -economy
    -civil rights movement and MLK

For NI:
    -social welfare state
    -coleraine
    -cultural indentity
    -efforts to resolve the troubles

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Cr4pSnip3r

I can't learn anymore information but I doubt I even know enough at this point, how bad is this really?
    For D+D:
    -all about hitler
    -a bit about Stalin

For USA:
    -economy

For NI:
    -social welfare state
    -coleraine
    -cultural indentity

Tbh I'd be very surprised if you don't get at least one question for each section.

Cr4pSnip3r wrote: »
    Tbh I'd be very surprised if you don't get at least one question for each section.

I know the two case studies learnt off very well too? American section is worrying me a bit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

For D+D:
    -all about hitler
    -a bit about Stalin

For USA:
    -economy

For NI:
    -social welfare state
    -coleraine
    -cultural indentity

I know essentially the same for every section so hopefully they all come up!

I know the three case studies too.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

If the bus boycott, coleraine and jarrow doesnt come up, i'll stage my own strike.

Lads... The countdown is on...

Do you think I could leave out Sunningdale for Northern Ireland? I've Coleraine, The Apprentice boys and the welfare state covered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Keeping on History has been my biggest regret of the LC.

The course is just ridiculous in length and the exam is hell personified!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 Kermin

When people say the know" this and that. Do you actually know are you able to recite off all the points perfectly or do you have an essay learned. I just have the headings learned off under sections of my notee. So for example, Hitler's Foreign Policy: 1933 withdrawal from LON, NAP with Poland 1935 etc etc etc will this be enough? I don't know the contents of each heading off by heart but I have a pretty good idea of what is in it? Am I doomed :(

Kermin wrote: »
    When people say the know" this and that. Do you actually know are you able to recite off all the points perfectly or do you have an essay learned. I just have the headings learned off under sections of my notee. So for example, Hitler's Foreign Policy: 1933 withdrawal from LON, NAP with Poland 1935 etc etc etc will this be enough? I don't know the contents of each heading off by heart but I have a pretty good idea of what is in it? Am I doomed :(

You are certainly not doomed. Learn the key headings, have a general idea of the storyline and waffle the rest, that's my motto 👏

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Anonymagician

Kremin wrote: »
    If the bus boycott, coleraine and jarrow doesnt come up, i'll stage my own strike.

Didn't Jarrow come up last year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Kremin

Didn't Jarrow come up last year...

BELIEVE.

I'm praying it comes up twice haha.

If race relations/montgomery doesnt come up, I'm doomed. No other topics learned.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement