Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ANTS

• 26-04-2015 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Having a huge problem with ants in the home have tried spray, powder, laying pepper at the doors. Thought we found the neat in a flower bed in the yard so covered it with powder it hasnt worked and now the ants r in the bathroom. Was concidering ringin rentokil but after reading comments on this it has changed my mind but we have tried everythin and one any other ideas that can help?? Literally hate them!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

i think this forum might be the one you're looking for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

Animals & Pet Issues probably a better place to ask.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

4MGbqh.jpg

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,326 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Moved from Feedback

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Have you tried talc?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

We had them in the house years ago in our kitchen and downstairs rooms - nightmare What's worked for us is
    1) traps we have them under the presses where they won't be disturbed
    2) mopping the floor and wiping down counters every day etc - you need to clean away their tracks/trails and also make sure there's no crumbs etc for them to eat - you only want them to eat the poison in the traps
    3) we had to seal their path from the kitchen to the other rooms - they had a hole dug out under the skirting board!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got a few of those traps first sign of ants last year, thankfully sorted it pretty quick.
    My neighbour had to call pest control in his house was so bad, there seems to be so many of them around here. I was gardening today and as I was pulling weeds I was disturbing nests, I turned over soil and let the birds at them.

Hope the traps work, it can expensive to call someone out. As said above, clean down everything, also put all food into containers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,635 ✭✭✭Pumpkinseeds

I mix equal quantities of baking soda and icing sugar together and put little lines or mounds of it near where the ants are. They're attracted to the sugar and when they eat the baking soda that's mixed in it kills them. We use it as it's non toxic to our pets.

Advertisement