Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

java

Options
  • 26-04-2015 9:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Looking for some help on Java. Got homework to do, to write a quote to a text file, when you open the text file on your PC, your quote will appear in the text file. Any help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

What have you got so far?

There are hundreds of tutorials on Java I/O out there. For the simplicity of what you're trying to do, I'd recommended using PrintWriter.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭BPH

I started last night and was at it for couple hours, nothing happened that worked. It's on my home PC, I'm at work now. There's a java file that our lecturer has done, we have to write a separate java code that links to this file and one of the things we have to do is send it a sentence of anything. It should in theory go to the text file on my pc with that particular sentence saved onto it. You can open the text file, open it and the sentence saved on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

BPH wrote: »
    I started last night and was at it for couple hours, nothing happened that worked. It's on my home PC, I'm at work now. There's a java file that our lecturer has done, we have to write a separate java code that links to this file and one of the things we have to do is send it a sentence of anything. It should in theory go to the text file on my pc with that particular sentence saved onto it. You can open the text file, open it and the sentence saved on it.

Without seeing the code I can't really tell what exactly you're trying to do. When you say "links to this file" and "send it a sentence", it sounds almost like RMI.

You need to post an exact technical description of what you're trying to achieve.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

I'm going to close this thread as it is better suited to the Development forum. Please review the Homework chapter for how to ask such questions under this forum.

Best of luck! :)

Nick

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement