Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Are Apple iPhone contracts better in UK??

• 26-04-2015 9:46pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭

My son is off to UK in Sept on 1 yr contract.

He has a 4s on Sim only card with EMobile. He talking about buying a sim free 5s or 5c from Apple in next few weeks.

However I am recommending he holds out till sept and see what he can get in the UK!!

What do u think... Could he get better contract in UK??? Nor could he buy a sim free better from Apple in UK ???

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Masala wrote: »
    My son is off to UK in Sept on 1 yr contract.

He has a 4s on Sim only card with EMobile. He talking about buying a sim free 5s or 5c from Apple in next few weeks.

However I am recommending he holds out till sept and see what he can get in the UK!!

What do u think... Could he get better contract in UK??? Nor could he buy a sim free better from Apple in UK ???

Unlikely he could get s contract in the UK just after moving over. He'd have no credit score and would be seen as a risk by phone companies. Better to just buy the phone sim free and go sim only over there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,501 ✭✭✭Masala

Unlikely he could get s contract in the UK just after moving over. He'd have no credit score and would be seen as a risk by phone companies. Better to just buy the phone sim free and go sim only over there.

Good point...... I think you are right there on Contract. Otherwise go the SIM only route.

I see another poster posted on www.argos.co.uk a SIM free Iphone 5 for £270 Sterling refurbished. Thats an option to him while over there.

Many thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Personally I've found contracts expensive in the UK. With Three, my network, the cheapest contract (for an iPhone 4s, not even a 5 or 6) it was £19.99 a month, and only included 500MB of data. For contracts with a newer iPhone model, you would be looking at at least £35, with some even more than this. Now, I don't know how heavily your son uses his phone, but for me a £10 add-on with Three (which gave 100 mins, 500 MB & 3,000 texts per 30 days) was absolutely sufficient for my needs.

Also, many contracts I've seen are 24 months. So if he only plans to spend a year, that could be a problem.

Advertisement