Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Making a purchase on your iPhone?

• 26-04-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

Just curious, do many people here use their phone to buy off the internet (E.g. Amazon, Asos, booking.com) ??

Ive never used mine to buy anything online. Im a bit paranoid with using my credit/debit card on my phone for some reason.

Do you use your phone to buy stuff on the internet (E.g. Amazon, Asos) ? 33 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    100% 33 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭flyguy

Use it all the time. Also use the "keychain" to store my card details (still asks for code on back of card). Don't think ther's any difference between paying online on your Mac or iPhone/iPad... Not to sure if I'd feel the same way about android/windows, but then you're asking in the apple devices forum.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

An iPhone is more secure than a PC or even a Mac. Provided it's not jailbroken and the network isn't compromised, it's probably one of the safest devices to do online shopping on.

Storing passwords/credit card details and syncing them with the cloud is another matter but no more or less secure than it is on a desktop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Just curious, do many people here use their phone to buy off the internet (E.g. Amazon, Asos, booking.com) ??

Ive never used mine to buy anything online. Im a bit paranoid with using my credit/debit card on my phone for some reason.

Have bought everything from flights, clothes, books, food, etc etc. And through the ulster bank app I pay all my bills, mortgage and put pocket money in my kids accounts. You've a lot to look forward to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Any online purchases i make are usually made through my iPhone, all of my banking is done through it as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

guil wrote: »
    Any online purchases i make are usually made through my iPhone, all of my banking is done through it as well

Pretty much the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭AppleBottle

Never have. If I will be buying something online, I will go onto the laptop and make the purchase.

Advertisement