Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wrist Wraps. What's the difference?

• 27-04-2015 9:11am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭

When I bench near bodyweight or more my wrists can get a bit sore so I was looking at the wraps on strength shop.
    For a mediocre bencher is there any difference between the cheaper wraps for around a tenner and the ones for 30 euro?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

A decent pair doesn't have to cost €30. I got a pair from MyProtein back in the day and they were more like sweat bands for your wrists in comparison with these.

You can go better again but I find them really good. You get a good solid wrap out of them to the point where gangrene will set in on your hands if you leave em on tight for moret han 5 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

So something like that in a 24 inch would be fine?

https://www.strengthshop.co.uk/sleeves-wraps/wrist-wraps/zeus-wrist-wraps.html

In fairness if I didn't catch gangrene in my last gym ill never catch it anywhere!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Yeah, they're similar. Slightly softer for those with Fairy-soft wrists but they should be pretty rigid when you do 'em up tight.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

Longer (24-36) is better because you don't have to wrap them as tight for as much support.

And make sure you cast your wrist, rather than just wrapping all around the same point.

Advertisement