Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontdoor Contact going off in sunshine

Options
  • 27-04-2015 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭

Hey Guys,

I have a contact on my front door, in the summer, the sun shines on it in the morning time and when i set it it goes off, never happens on cloudy days. System is reporting that it's the front door that's causing the problem.

Any ideas on what could be causing that or first troubleshooting steps??

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭Sequence 365

You should just get the contact on your front door replaced. It's more wear & tear it's a common enough issue

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭asharkman

You should just get the contact on your front door replaced. It's more wear & tear it's a common enough issue

Really? It's barely a year old.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

If its a year it should be under guarantee. Contact the original installer.
    It might also be just a sign of a poor connection .

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

asharkman wrote: »
    Really? It's barely a year old.

All that is in a contact is reed in glass. Slamming a door can brake them. In your case it could a loose connection or an issues with the cable. Especially when you say it only happens when direct sunlight hits the door.

Advertisement