Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

External box - weird sound even when alarm is off

Options
  • 27-04-2015 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

Hi all

Alarm went off recently.

The control panel was asking for an Engineer Code for some reason.

We entered that and the alarm stopped.

About 10 minutes later the external box started to ring again but with a different alarm sound I'd never heard.

Its a high-pitched peeping sound rather than the normal ringing bell sound.

I called an alarm company last week to service the alarm but the two guys I spoke with said they "wouldn't even touch it" being an Accenta/Optima control panel box they don't use with a Citadel Defender external box.

Anyways, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Is there a battery issue. Is there even a battery in these things?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

eladnova wrote: »
    Hi all

Alarm went off recently.

The control panel was asking for an Engineer Code for some reason.

We entered that and the alarm stopped.

About 10 minutes later the external box started to ring again but with a different alarm sound I'd never heard.

Its a high-pitched peeping sound rather than the normal ringing bell sound.

I called an alarm company last week to service the alarm but the two guys I spoke with said they "wouldn't even touch it" being an Accenta/Optima control panel box they don't use with a Citadel Defender external box.

Anyways, was wondering if anyone has any suggestions. Is there a battery issue. Is there even a battery in these things?

More than likely an issue with the external bell itself.
    The systems battery will show a fault. Any global sab can be used with this system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

It could be the bell box itself or it could be a connection between the bell & the panel. A bad connection on the power or hold off terminals could also produce this problem.
    Unfortunately some installers are limited to certain panels. This is a global bell & it would be relatively easy for most professionals to diagnose. Shop around as they say.

Advertisement