Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Marathon 2016

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,121 ✭✭✭tang1

Abhainn 40k 2.34.10

Bulmers74 35k 2.39.33

Abhainn 2.42.39 finished, well done that man.

robinp 40k 2.47.01

robinp 2.56.46 finished

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Murph_D

tomred 35k 02:38:26, slowing a little.

Edit: 40k now in 3:02:10, drifting a little more. Dig in!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,695 ✭✭✭Chivito550

Loving that they played the old BBC athletics theme tune there a few mins ago. Hope they bring it back permanently.

http://youtu.be/G1qF8WTt5Po

Bulmers74 40k 3.03.19, Kelly Holmes has past him:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Murph_D wrote: »
    tomred 35k 02:38:26, slowing a little.

Edit: 40k now in 3:02:10, drifting a little more. Dig in!

tomred? Is he finished yet?

Looks like tracker is overloaded at the mo.

• Advertisement

Kelly Holmes looked like she came in around 3:10. Completely sandbagging with the 3:30 target.

Anybody got her exact time?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,610 ✭✭✭yaboya1

Chivito550 wrote: »
    Kelly Holmes looked like she came in around 3:10. Completely sandbagging with the 3:30 target.

3:11:xx on the official clock with a few minutes obviously to come off as she would have started well back. Looks pretty fresh alright.

Chivito550 wrote: »

Not showing yet. Glitchy real-time updating.

yaboya1 wrote: »
    3:11:xx on the official clock with a few minutes obviously to come off as she would have started well back. Looks pretty fresh alright.

She looks happy out with her participation medal anyway. :D

Holmes 3.11.27

Bulmers74 3.13.48 finished, great running Joe coming back from a bad injury, enjoy the pints!!!

03:12:41 for tomred1N. Very solid run. I'd imagine he's happy enough after some calf troubles in the run-up too. Nice one.

4 lads dressed as the Jamaican bobsleigh team, with the bob and all. Only going over Tower Bridge at half way now it seems. What a grind ahead of them!

World record for fastest man dressed as a gingerbread man has been broken. 3 hours 29 mins. A historic day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭El Caballo

I see Craig Mottram finished in 2:28, pity he won't make it to Rio. Just shows how brutal the marathon can be when a guy with a sub-13 minute 5k in the past is struggling to keep the miles under 6:45 pace towards the end.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,009 ✭✭✭Firedance

Thanks for the updates tang!

Hahaha love the interview with Beth Shakespeare there, distant relative of William Shakespeare.

Gabby Logan: Explain to us who you are running for today?

Beth: I'm running for my running club.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,186 ✭✭✭ooter

Well that was brilliant, great day.
    Nowhere near the time I thought I was capable of but I decided from very early on that I wasn't going to worry about time and just enjoy.
    Crowds were amazing.

ooter wrote: »
    Nowhere near the time I thought I was capable of but I decided from very early on that I wasn't going to worry about time and just enjoy.
    Crowds were amazing.

How did you do?

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

Yeah happy out with that considering where I was in January! Tried to push @ 20 but the juice wasn't there.

• Registered Users Posts: 914 ✭✭✭Bulmers74

tang1 wrote: »
    Bulmers74 40k 3.03.19, Kelly Holmes has past him:eek::eek:

Sandbagger!!

Murph_D wrote: »
    ooter wrote: »
    Crowds were amazing.

How did you do?
    Add your reply here.
    3:54, happy enough with that. Felt comfortable the whole way round, head was fine, just the legs weren't playing ball.
    The programme I did probably focused too much on speed and not enough on stamina.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭rom

El Caballo wrote: »
    I see Craig Mottram finished in 2:28, pity he won't make it to Rio. Just shows how brutal the marathon can be when a guy with a sub-13 minute 5k in the past is struggling to keep the miles under 6:45 pace towards the end.

Alan O'Shea (2:18 PB) went out 5:05 per mile but ended up at 7:05 per mile in 35-40k.

• Advertisement

Saw him on the ground yesterday and feared the worst but when no news of any fatalities came through last night I thought he might've pulled through.
    Terrible news, RIP.

Advertisement