Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good days fishing on Corrib...

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

Thats fantastic fishing fair play! Would only love to get a day like that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

some lovely fish. I love corrib, I have only been on it a few times, and always for pike actually. some real monsters in there of every species of fish. Was that shot with a go pro? I was trout fishing on mask a few weeks ago, I got some great nice under water shots, gin clear water.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭gary29428

some lovely fish. I love corrib, I have only been on it a few times, and always for pike actually. some real monsters in there of every species of fish. Was that shot with a go pro? I was trout fishing on mask a few weeks ago, I got some great nice under water shots, gin clear water.

Yeah, hero3 black, great piece of kit....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭twin_beacon

gary29428 wrote: »
    Yeah, hero3 black, great piece of kit....

ive the same one, lovely camera.

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

Great bit of fishing and lovely to see some proper fish handling, not often you see it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Excellent video thanks for sharing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭BrownTrout

Nice man, what line are you using? And what way do you join your leader to the line?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Auldloon

Great fishing fella well done! Your landing and return technique is excellent also, well impressed!

BrownTrout wrote: »
    Nice man, what line are you using? And what way do you join your leader to the line?

The line is a sort of indicator for buzzer fishing (last 2 feet flur orange). I actually get the lines direct from a factory in China, basically unbranded big name lines but without the crazy prices. They have a integrated loop on the end and I just blood knot my leader to that.

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

The line is a sort of indicator for buzzer fishing (last 2 feet flur orange). I actually get the lines direct from a factory in China, basically unbranded big name lines but without the crazy prices. They have a integrated loop on the end and I just blood knot my leader to that.

A lad that fishes with me for salmon said the same about a sage rod he had ,he got it from China its unbranded but apparently it was a sage
    I never really believed him and always gave him stick with his Chinese copy ha ha

Won't be telling him anyway :)

• Advertisement

popsy09 wrote: »
    A lad that fishes with me for salmon said the same about a sage rod he had ,he got it from China its unbranded but apparently it was a sage
    I never really believed him and always gave him stick with his Chinese copy ha ha

Won't be telling him anyway :)

I get rods and reels also, it's only then you realize the mark up some of these companies put on there gear....frightening.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Love the corrib. It's a beautiful lake though I've only fished it once but shot duck on it years ago and it's always been a nice day on it.
    Seen pics of monsters been caught on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭sniper83

I get rods and reels also, it's only then you realize the mark up some of these companies put on there gear....frightening.

How would one go about getting factory gear from china..?

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Rua_ri

Hi gary29428

Great Vid and thanks for sharing it.
    I fish out of salthouse ( Cross ), possibly not to far from where you fish from.

I dont fish buzzers but i do intend to take it up , i also plan on tying my own.
    Just wondering if you use barbless hooks on your buzzers?

Thanks
    Rua_ri

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

lovely video, If i could afford a boat thats where i would go!, Do you have much experience on the corrib?

sniper83 wrote: »
    How would one go about getting factory gear from china..?

My brother in law has a few business's over there and put me in touch, I then ordered a load of stuff as "samples" to check quality.

Rua_ri wrote: »
    Hi gary29428

Great Vid and thanks for sharing it.
    I fish out of salthouse ( Cross ), possibly not to far from where you fish from.

I dont fish buzzers but i do intend to take it up , i also plan on tying my own.
    Just wondering if you use barbless hooks on your buzzers?

Thanks
    Rua_ri

No fish standard hooks. Mostly B175....

lovely video, If i could afford a boat thats where i would go!, Do you have much experience on the corrib?

Been on it about 20yrs now, only living 10mins away now so it's great for popping out for a new hours.....

Had another great day yesterday with 13 fish, got some real good fish yesterday to nearly 7lbs, will do the video tonight and stick up...

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

I was thinking you had plenty of time experience! To get a fish 4lb+ on my rivers are like wining the lottery, must go out there this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭viper123

I think you've inspired me to give it a go over the weekend. I don't know if you remember but you're the guy who saved me one day by offering me your boat birth when my trailer broke down..

• Advertisement

viper123 wrote: »
    I think you've inspired me to give it a go over the weekend. I don't know if you remember but you're the guy who saved me one day by offering me your boat birth when my trailer broke down..

That's a few years ago now, have you been out much....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 AGonn

Lake Boat for fly fishing,

i need some advice in lake boats, I've been fly fishing all my life and i'm now at the stage where i would like to invest in a lake boat. This i hope will in time be handed down to my children for them to uses. Firstly i need a safe boat that can take a wave if caught in unfavorable condition. I my experience in mostly with sheelin boats and i'm to believe that the wide beam is a good choice, from what i down Lynch and Ganley's are to be a good choice of boat that are suitable for Coon, Corrib & Mask. I have a 10Hp Honda 4 stroke and would be looking to change to a 15 in time however the engine i have is about 44Kg and its heavy, Heavy enough that a Sheelin boat probably needs Hydro Foils?? Aqua Planes on the Stern? Not 100% on the lingo but im sure you get the idea. Either way, i really like the look of the Ganely, However there are Arrow, Lynch, Davidson, Burke, Sheelin etc. I.m a big enough guy and on most boats i've been on i have noticed that the throttle arm can be difficult to maneuver however i have noticed boats where the pilot seat is forward from the engine making it more comfortable. i think this is a major consideration, also i would like peoples opinions on fiber glass in comparison to timber frame. and ballasts i thinks these are incorporated into most of lynches boats. as i said this is a one off buy and i hope to make as good a decision as i can with the information i have and hopefully my children will get this use from this boat too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

My brother in law has a few business's over there and put me in touch, I then ordered a load of stuff as "samples" to check quality.

Have you any idea if that gear would show up on aliexpress or alibaba?

Advertisement