Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Extreme Rules Aftermath

• 27-04-2015 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Rating? 38 votes

0% 0 votes
    0% 0 votes
    2% 1 vote
    10% 4 votes
    28% 11 votes
    13% 5 votes
    28% 11 votes
    13% 5 votes
    0% 0 votes
    2% 1 vote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

gimmick wrote: »
    Thoughts?

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I want to say mediocre, but I'm not sure that does the show justice. It felt like a big load of nothing to me for the most part. I'm delighted Dean finally won a match, but that's about the only good thing I can say about the show.

Disappointing Bryan was ruled out.
    Kiss Me Arse should never have been a thing. Does nothing for anybody, not even the winner. It never has.
    Kidd/Cesaro > New Day. At least Cesaro looked great in the match.
    Cena and Rusev, meh. Having an I Quit match next seems like that's it for Rusev.
    The Divas match sure was a thing that happened. I was talking to people who were more interested in Naomi's shoes than the match.
    Big Show and Reigns, two people I can't care less about, in a feud nobody wants. Only way to save Reigns in this is probably to have him retire Show (or maybe that's wishful thinking).
    Orton vs. Rollins. Had potential that I don't think it lived up to. Plus the end was needlessly confusing, why was Rollins allowed to use the RKO if it was banned?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Meh.

I sped through most of the show. It had plenty of solid in ring action, but little above solid. The stories and booking was very predictable and boring.

I cried when I heard we're getting another match with Cena and Rusev; three matches was more than enough. But it's the usual WWE booking style; never end anything at it's pique, but rather keep going and going and going until fans stop caring.

Thought Ziggler looked like an idiot; everyone should have seen Sheamus attacking him after the match. And Orton/Rollins/Kane angle does less than nothing for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,642 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

New Day are the best thing going in WWE at the minute! Was also hoping Bray would save his brother from the Big Guy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭Ridley

I liked Reigns vs Big Show and would be all for Big Show just going about intercepting spots.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

6. Some good matches but still very much felt like WWE are still stuck in their rut and not getting out of it anytime soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

6. Some good matches but still very much felt like WWE are still stuck in their rut and not getting out of it anytime soon.

Yeah Wrestling good. Booking bad. Reigns, Neville, New Day came out of the show with momentum. Cesaro did too even in a loss but that was his own doing via his in ring. Rollins/Kane/Orton is so unappealing. Having Rusev lose so much is really doing him a disservice in the long run. Breaking Rusev and Lana up will be a mistake greater than breaking up Alberto and Ricardo & Umaga and Armando. I hope they don't do it. I hope they just tease issues and Lana helps him win the I Quit in the most heelish way possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭A Brad Maddox Guy

I really enjoyed the Tag title match. Cesaro, Tyson & Big E are 3 of my favourites and I thought they all came out of this well. I thought Reigns vs Big Show had some good spots but i would have much preferred Reigns won with the spear on the table; trapping Big Show under the table wasn't necessary & we've seen it before. I have no interest in another Cena v Rusev match, especially an I Quit one. Nothing else worth mentioning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Bret Hart wrote: »

Bret a 4 surely :p

The highlights for me were Adrian Neville, The New Day, John Cena and Dean Ambrose, at last.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Nice to see Neville replace Bryan as he did, im enjoying him on the main e=roster so far even if that cape is naff as hell.

Dean won a PPV match! wahey

and now for the rest...

Love that The tag match got bumped to the main show and love how over Kidd, Cesaro and Nattie are. Also think New day don't suck but they needed that chant for their much needed heel turn and now them winning was the right move as this feud should keep going, though I want Cesaro/Kidd to get the titles back at its end (at least atm I do).

Roman / Show smartly was a spot fest but it mus be said the table was the ost over thing in the match.

love me some Bo Dallas

Are the Bellas really face now, I hope not as for no reason to be suddenly portrayed as the good guys is really stupid esp when they still win heelishly... guess we will have a rematch or a triple threat with the returning paige next.

US title Match... meh, I wish I cared but I feel a real ambivilance towards Cena matches at times, esp in a case like this were I was sure he was winning and now the rematch already being announced for the next PPV might mean the invitational matches are watered down again... hope im wrong though what we would give for a Balor debut beating him in such a match, would be an even bigger shock as nobody would expect a win cos of the Payback match

Sheamus is a proper heel imo, one of the few who can get real heel heat from the crowd but there is no way they could have him do anything but renege on the stip as he would lose all that heel heat if he was humiliated by having to kiss Zigglers arse.

The main event was dissapointly all about Kane and then the end was a bit uhh what? wasn't the RKO banned... guess not just for Randy thats a pretty terrible way for them to allow Orton to lose in an unclean fashion, why not just have him lose to Rollins new move which he leaves himself open to when he RKO'd Kane at the end.

Overall I'll be honest I didn't care much for this PPV but thats probably cos I didn't care much for it on paper either... now for Raw if I can manage it

So do you think with The New Day winning the Tag Team Championship, it leaves more room for Kidd & Cesaro to develop more babyface characteristics, as they will be chasing the championships for the next while, more than likely? If only The Usos were not out of action at the moment, it would make the division seem more busy. Mind, I was reminded how good Epico & Primo really can be in their most recent match against Kidd & Cesaro on Superstars this past Friday, it's just a pity we don't see more of that on Raw. But yeah, New Day doesn't suck!
    Adrian Neville seems to be going well so far. The fact that he was put over Wade Barrett and then Luke Harper the following night seems to bode well for him. But I guess it remains to be seen how far they are prepared to go with him, and what their plan for him is. The fact that he has replaced Daniel Bryan in a couple of matches recently begs the question, do the WWE view him as a potential replacement for him always?
    Dean Ambrose is an expert at character work, I think. He seems to know how to constantly keep the audience interested in him through the words he uses when he's on the microphone, via a combination of wise-cracks, and perhaps I'm imagining this, but I feel we're meant to almost feel sorry for him and maybe think, here's a guy who isn't able to take care of himself. His ringwork is great but has become very familiar at this stage.

ERG89 wrote: »
    Bret a 4 surely :p

I'm mellowing with age,but still don't think hunters every put on a great match :p.

Well I thought he was great when Ronda Rousey gave him the ol' heave ho at WrestleMania. :)

Well I thought he was great when Ronda Rousey gave him the ol' heave ho at WrestleMania. :)

He still didn't sell it too my liking :D

For what it's worth, you're my favourite wrestler of all time Bret. I saw you wrestle aged 6.

Thanks kid :) Much appreciated. What's your favourite Bret moment ? Where and when was it ?

Advertisement