Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

majqueen [Leaving Tuam for other town in the county]

Options
  • 27-04-2015 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello everyone.
    I am just wondering would you guys and ladies be able to help me with advise . I and my husband are looking to move from tuam county galway to a new area either a town or a village with a countryish feel where one would have nice people around them a place with a good reputation where one would feel safe and at home.
    towns or villages in county galway id like to hear about firstly .
    looking forward to hearing from you all
    majqueen

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 76 ✭✭AfterHrsProp

Do you mind me asking why you didnt feel safe in Tuam?

Craughwell, Monivea, Loughrea, Oranmore are all relatively safe Irish town's with a country feel to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,532 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Portumna is a nice enough area as well, and it's just beside the shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I've lived in both City, town, country and housing estate, I'm guessing you live in a housing estate, because I have lived in a few and they can feel a bit intense and take a lot of community 'work' in the event you've a lousy family or two.

I'm gonna say, if you move to a street in the middle of a town, or one off housing, you might feel a bit better. The advantage of not going totally rural is, you won't have to taxi the family about. Best of luck

Advertisement