Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

does anyone here sell on etsy?

Options
  • 27-04-2015 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭

hi just about to join etsy to start selling wedding calligraphy and all related stuff , so does anyone else sell on there? and if so how do you find it
    Post edited by whiterebel on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Yes, but I sell a very niche product, so more than anything it's a way of getting our name out there.

The fees are pretty standard and you just treat them as a cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Tedsville

Hi there,
    I have had an Etsy shop for a year now and all in all find it great.
    It's easy to navigate and maintain. The majority of the buyers are from the U.S.
    I also had a shop on eBay for a year but I stopped with eBay as it was becoming stressful..my experience was that although of course most people are nice, there are minority who spoil it and want to buy for nothing. They do not respect the goods or the shop owner. Postage was also a hassle even though I had the price peered down to cost price only.
    Selling on Etsy has been a direct contrast and a genuine relief and pleasure. There is an interest and respect as the price is set and people either like it or they don't. I always give discount to people who ask and I have had no problems so far..touch wood!
    My advice would be set your price point and postage reasonable and people will find you.
    It may take a month or more to get a sale but then they will start to come.
    I do this part time and have found that any energy I put into it comes back in spades a little later. So patience would also be my advice.
    Etsy is going so well for me in fact I'd love to find somewhere else similar to 'set up shop' but not eBay. Any suggestions are welcome..I hope this helps a little..any questions and I'd be happy to help..
    If you are interested to take a peek, my shop is called <SNIP> on Etsy.
    Best wishes, Anna

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

We find adverts great, as it's Irish and you can take debit cards cheaply, it works well for us.

You'd be surprised how high searches come up on Google from adverts, but as I said we have a very niche product.

One issue with etsy is that you are not supposed to have the same stock for sale anywhere else. So out stock is 'slightly different' on adverts.

Also if selling on etsy join the Irish sellers group, you'll find them on Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

@hagoonabear , i’d love to know how this has all been going for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Fantomas9mm

Same question : How have you gotten on selling on Etsy ?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,899 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

MOD ; 9 year old thread. Don't reopen old threads. Closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement