Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I turn off just the wireless on a Cisco Router

Options
  • 27-04-2015 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I have a Cisco Wireless modem EPC 3925 which I want to shut down the wireless connections between 10 pm to 8 am every night but I still want to be able to use the internet on my laptop with the Cat5 cable. Now I am with UPC and have tried to set up Parental rights but that will just turn of the whole system.
    Do I need to buy a different modem or is there any other ways of accomplishing this
    Ciaran

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭Virgin Media: Brian

Cilawlor wrote: »
    I have a Cisco Wireless modem EPC 3925 which I want to shut down the wireless connections between 10 pm to 8 am every night but I still want to be able to use the internet on my laptop with the Cat5 cable. Now I am with UPC and have tried to set up Parental rights but that will just turn of the whole system.
    Do I need to buy a different modem or is there any other ways of accomplishing this
    Ciaran

Hi Ciaran,

Yes this is possible, you can manually log in to the modem admin page and disable the wireless there.

Ethernet connection won't be affected by this.

You can find info on how to log in here: http://support.upc.ie/app/answers/detail/a_id/526/~/check-wireless-settings

(FYI, the menu will look different than the screenshots but the steps are the same)

Thanks.

Advertisement