Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

rob316 wrote: »
    You drop a fit top striker into that team we are winning games.

Don't drop him too high though....he'd injure his knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Can was awful, along with many others.

Allen was easily our best player, he was excellent.

How was Can awful? He passed really well, got forward with powerful runs, created space/ created chances. He had urgency and showed determination.

To be honest, you seem kinda aggressive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If they fire Rodgers and hire Klopp it will be a huge shock and go against everything FSG have done at the club on the playing side of things.

If they fire Rodgers they will moneyball a young manager with potential again just like they did with Rodgers and just like they do with players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If they fire Rodgers and hire Rodgers it will be a huge shock and go against everything FSG have done at the club on the playing side of things.

If they fire Rodgers they will moneyball a young manager with potential again just like they did with Rodgers and just like they do with players.

That would be a huge shock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If they fire Rodgers and hire Rodgers it will be a huge shock and go against everything FSG have done at the club on the playing side of things.

This other Rodgers sounds promising. What Welsh club does he manage?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Rodgers:

Never looked like scoring
    good moments of play/build up but never threatened
    disappointed with the goal
    overall frustrated. Had enough of the ball

On CL: Cant think about that.. focus on next game

Work with what we've got
    Look to win against QPR
    Finish this season as strong as we can, get players in, come back

Who's on first?

I'll be pissed if Rodgers doesnt get another season.

That would be a huge shock.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    This other Rodgers sounds promising. What Welsh club does he manage?

Ninja edit :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Kirby wrote: »
    Lloyds agenda against Rodgers clouds some people regarding his posts. Everything Lloyd said just there was 100% spot on and if people read the post instead of just saying "Ah sure, it's Lloyd" they would see that.

Wouldn't say LL has an agenda per se, more a firm opinion voiced vociferously. But I do agree, he's not far off the mark with regard to where the club is right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Players are not playing for the manager, I Said it a week ago Rodgers has lost the dressing room.

I called that after the villa game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,104 ✭✭✭mada999

5starpool wrote: »
    2 assists and 2 goals tonight for Suarez which I think brings his stats for Barca to 21 goals and 13 assists in 31 games. Not hard to see the main difference from last season.

:(

nope not hard to see the difference at all , but we've better players THIS season; man for man than West Brom and Hull

In the end we cant get some results when still in a chance for the top 4... no ambition at all..

if the players dont fit the managers system why doesn't he find a system to get the best of the players he has at his disposal instead of shoe horning them into something that's not going to work..

It looked like the manager and the players gave up before the West Brom game and that really is not acceptable...Is it ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

If they fire Rodgers and hire Klopp it will be a huge shock and go against everything FSG have done at the club on the playing side of things.

Rodgers-ception

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Pathetic?

I would say it's fairly accurate.

Big games at the business end of the season:

Utd
    Arsenal
    Villa
    Hull

All lost

Incredible bottle job by players and management

Not to mention Europe this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

I'd like to be put into a coma until the start of next season.

Ninja edit :pac:

The evidence is there! So much for an Agent! You failure!

Its a striker and goalscorer we are missing that would transform the side.

Rafa had a prime Torres and Gerrard. Kenny had Suarez.

and Rodgers/transfer committee had £100m to sort that out in the summer and didn't...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭the kelt

That's the thing,

If they fire Rodgers it's isn't going to be Klopp or Rafa or someone of that ilk.

It will the same again!

When they replace plays re it won't be top players already at the top of their game.

The same wheel will continue to turn, just someone different turning it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

The sooner FSG realise that Moneyball does not work is football the better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Absolutely chuffed with that, didn't watch any of the match. Real positives to be taken out of that for me.

• Advertisement

Rodgers-ception

Rodgception.

Rodgers on the brain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

Rodgers interview: lots of spirit, endeavour, Coutinho outstanding tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I wish the Suarez and Sturridge excuses would stop being wheeled out.

We knew Suarez was going for more than a year, Sturridge was always injury prone and we 120m to spend to sort this. This not including the money spent the previous windows.

Rodgers is in massive trouble. The lack of a vision going forward, what formation we will go for, his transfer record etc really doesn't give the fans much confidence going forward.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

As long as revenues don't decline, I think FSG will keep Rodgers.

I would be astounded if he wasn't manager next season. I hope he is, he deserves another couple of seasons at least, in my view.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

I think though that decision would massively expose FSG and see them savaged in the court of media and fan perception. Bring it on - the storm of criticism they would receive could force their hand on player acquisition strategy.

More pertinently though - Rodgers is done. There's no point in keeping him imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

If we're talking style and tactics, Liverpool are just to slow to stretch the opposition with no pace up front esp when wingbacks are deployed, the other teams defence knows it can sit tight in a couple of lines. Liverpool players then pile up in front of same like a tectonic plate crashing into a continent until its too congested to find any space, while players remain far too static.

The whole side needs to get back to the diamond and promote pace again. Time and space is what the game is all about use both well and you'll win far more than than you lose.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    I think though that decision would massively expose FSG and see them savaged in the court of media and fan perception. Bring it on - the storm of criticism they would receive could force their hand on player acquisition strategy.

If you were a Dortmund fan, would you have sacked Klopp after performances this season?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

• Advertisement

How many of these players are out the door in the summer though?

Johnson? Balotelli? Sterling? Why would they give a ****?

he bought players in the summer and wont play them ffs

If Rodgers does get sacked, I wonder what kind of wages we'll be giving Gary Megson next season? Or worse yet, Graeme Souness...*shudders*

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Klopp saying he was leaving maybe the one thing that makes FSG stop and think about it.

Ardent wrote: »
    Rodgers interview: lots of spirit, endeavour, Coutinho outstanding tonight.

If there was a waffle cup or waffle league, Rodgers would lead Liverpool to glory. The rubbish he comes out with is ridiculous. I'll debate all day about his formations and selections but there is no defending his handling of interviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

If you were a Dortmund fan, would you have sacked Klopp after performances this season?

Klopp has two league titles and a Champions League final under his belt. He would deserve the time.

Rodgers has won nowt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

I take it we were absolute rubbish tonight?

Season can't end quick enough!

I think they showed remarkable restraint and faith to stick with him through the end of the calendar year. But it's easier to find that type of restraint and faith when the man had actually scaled the mountain top delivering league titles and a run to the final moments of the Champions League. The situations are not really comparable to be perfectly honest.

We're playing like a ****e version of Arsenal at the moment, trying to play all this tippy tappy, wall pass, one-two **** around the edge of the box, the problem is our players are not good enough to pull it off, Sterling and balotelli etc don't have the touch to play this intricate type of football, compared to Cazorla, Ozil, Alexis it's a mile off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

is it only 5th and 6th that get uefa places?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭Devilman40k

The thing that annoys me most is we have the core of a very good side there...but Rodgers decided to pin his attacking hopes on Fabio Aurelio mk 2 hoping to get 30 odd games out of him (in a post world cup year too) while playing a 35 year old who had been through 3 months of devastation professionally.

Oh...and Balotelli. .. It did end up in tears.. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

When Klopp comes in next season do we sack him at Christmas or the Summer if the results aren't up to scratch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Swearing Sports News ‏@SwearingSport 24m24 minutes ago Brendan #Rodgers is the type of cunt who'd comment on a nuclear holocaust saying "well we were unlucky, everyone was great tonight"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Bowlardo wrote: »

Only if villa win the cup

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Only if Villa win FA cup. If Arsenal win 5th,6th & 7th are in Europa.

kfallon wrote: »
    Swearing Sports News ‏@SwearingSport 24m24 minutes ago Brendan #Rodgers is the type of cunt who'd comment on a nuclear holocaust saying "well we were unlucky, everyone was great tonight"

Yet again people are falling over themselves to quote BR, I find it very strange, I shut down my stream instantly after the game, I couldn't give a bollix what was said to be honest, yet some want to punish themselves and hunt down quotes that will piss them off, strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Our very own Raheem! :pac: ;)

Nope, same hood-rat mother on all 4! :cool:

When Klopp comes in next season do we sack him at Christmas or the Summer if the results aren't up to scratch?

I can't see us doing any worst up to Christmas than Rodgers did in 2012 / 13 so I'd imagine the same rules would apply - he'll get a season plus, or whoever comes in will get a season plus.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

darced wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

I'd be wary of starting next season thinking "ah we'll see how we are at Christmas". The players already look disinterested. Another bad start and we will really be up **** creek.

If Klopp was willing to come to us then the owners need to go all in and get him now. Otherwise he goes elsewhere and Rodgers/The committee potentially wastes millions in another window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭JohnDaniels

I read somewhere, 7th gets one if Arsenal win the cup? That could be completely wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Arsenal fan here! If we win the cup (which we should in fairness) 7th gets a Europa League place too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement