Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CDM5aMUWIAAoVfK.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Sad Brendao is sad. :-/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

BROIx34CYAARGBZ.jpg:large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

The squad needs a major overhaul and although Rodgers does warrant another season he won't do better than 5th, he simply doesn't have the players and that's mostly down to him. So keep him and pool will stay stagnant, bring in someone new and let a new manager start to rebuild, they're the options.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Oranage2 wrote: »
    The squad needs a major overhaul and although Rodgers does warrant another season he won't do better than 5th, he simply doesn't have the players and that's mostly down to him. So keep him and pool will stay stagnant, bring in someone new and let a new manager start to rebuild, they're the options.

Why does the squad need a major overhaul? We have been pretty solid for a while now. We are desperately lacking strikers and that has been mentioned by everyone including the manager. Do we need to redo defence, midfield and attack? Will having a major overhaul in the summer give us a chance to do better than 5th next season? Would it not mean we start the season from scratch, new manager, new squad? Do we then have to wait until January until we start to perform?

I think saying we need a complete overhaul of our squad and a new manager is nothing but hyperbole.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Why does the squad need a major overhaul? We have been pretty solid for a while now. We are desperately lacking strikers and that has been mentioned by everyone including the manager. Do we need to redo defence, midfield and attack? Will having a major overhaul in the summer give us a chance to do better than 5th next season? Would it not mean we start the season from scratch, new manager, new squad? Do we then have to wait until January until we start to perform?

I think saying we need a complete overhaul of our squad and a new manager is nothing but hyperbole.

a centreback, Right and left back, centremid, striker, wing forward.

6 players needed to come into the first team is what I'd call an overhaul

..........Mig
    .......new...skertle..sakho
    new...,,,,,...........,,............new
    ...................new
    ............hendo....cout
    Sterling......new......new

Sturridge and Lucas can't be trusted to stay fit. A new back up cb and back up and keeper to challenge are needed too.

Allen needs replacing too or let Can fill in that role, he's not a good back up player he's in fact very poor.

Maybe the other wing forward position can be split between lallana, origi and markovic.

I think Rodgers is very talented but his transfers wouldn't give me any confidence that he can bring in the players needed, it's his third season and their are huge question marks over even his better signings. I doubt a fourth season will see him improve so That's Why I say let somebody else have a shot at it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

a centreback, Right and left back, centremid, striker, wing forward.

6 players needed to come into the first team is what I'd call an overhaul

..........Mig
    ...................new

Sturridge and Lucas can't be trusted to stay fit. A new back up cb and back up and keeper to challenge are needed too.

Allen needs replacing too or let Can fill in that role, he's not a good back up player he's in fact very poor.

Maybe the other wing forward position can be split between lallana, origi and markovic.

I think Rodgers is very talented but his transfers wouldn't give me any confidence that he can bring in the players needed, it's his third season and their are huge question marks over even his better signings. I doubt a fourth season will see him improve so That's Why I say let somebody else have a shot at it.

I sincerely hope you're proven wrong next season by the young, inexperienced players you've completely written off already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Its is crazy to think we are in 5th. Top scorer has about 7 goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

From what beckenbaur said it would not surprise me to see klopp to Bayern..pep to city...

Also if utd swap de gea in a deal for bale and buy one or two more it won't matter who our manager is...fourth or higher will be extroadinarily difficult to attain given our club policy at present.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,309 ✭✭✭T-K-O

Mr.H wrote: »
    Crosses into who?? Mario "I dont want to play" or Sterling or Coutinho or any of the other 5ft nothing players we have?

We dont score enough from crosses to think that crossing is a legit tactic against a steve bruce side who are well capable in the air.

The quick one twos between Coutinho and Sterling where the way through but didnt pay off. Hendo making runs in behind the defenders was a chance also. Our team isnt built for crossing and thats why we concede on crosses so easily

And that is exactly why we lost. Every team is built for the odd cross. We had no variety in attack, we stuck to the above plan and were easily dealt with. We don't score enough full stop. If we never cross the ball we'll never score from a cross

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

..........Mig
    ...................new

If they are gonna play with 12 players they could probably get away with keeping their current players and do pretty well.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,144 ✭✭✭DVDM93

Last night was the first time in quite a while where I could have watched a Liverpool game live but chose not to. (I work most weekends so am always more than happy when I get to see one live) A boring 0-0 draw is what I could see happening, but embarrassingly it was worse.

We talk about getting in to the CL. On current form we would get our arses handed to us in the Europa League, nevermind the Champions League.

How many second chances have we gotten in the race for 4th this season? The most recent being United losing 3-0 to Everton, but we couldn't even put a single goal past West Brom or Hull City in response to that. We've managed to fcuk up all these chances where we've been thrown a life line and I'm at the stage where I'd just rather the season be over that continue on watching a team and manager where between them there is something seriously wrong.

Southampton, Swansea. I'd argue that we don't even deserve Europe ahead of them given our respective circumstances.

I like Rodgers, I really do. I'm not saying he should stay or go, but some of the bullsh1t he comes out with is hard to take at the moment. How can a team with intentions of playing European football have "fantastic" games and get 1 point from 6 against teams fighting just above the bottom of the table?

The team, they're not as bad as some are currently showing. But the effort of some of the players lately is disgraceful. I'm all for players trying their best and losing, but to lose so pathetically is another story. That so-called effort and so-called performance in the Villa game was about as bad a team effort I've seen. It's like they didn't care.

Yes Suarez returned to his home planet, Sturridge got shot 13 times in WW3, they are our main problems. Did Liverpool actually think they'd get away with not addressing the striker issue properly? It's unforgivable. You lose the best striker in the world and your next best is made of glass so you go for Lambert, Balotelli, keep Borini, etc... ffs.

At this rate we'll be sacking Rodgers for Brad Pitt and Jonah Hill to officially Moneyball the sh1t out of the club.

I am upset. Can the season be over now or can we just ring in sick?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I don't think it matters all that much. The season is done and with or without Europa League, it doesn't matter all that much.

If FSG are thinking of sacking Rodgers, they'll have some plan in place and see what he has to say at the end of the season. The odds are stacked against his favour, but whether he wins the next 4 or loses them all, this season is still a failure and if a top manager is willing to come, I'll take him.

Ah here. After the fifth is our level speech?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,407 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I haven't felt this crap about a season since we finished 7th and we were nearly in administration.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

NIMAN wrote: »
    I just listened to his post match interview.

I'm sorry but this guy is delusional. He talks in cliches, and generally utter nonsense.

What difference does it make what he says in the press? I don't get why some people think that what he says is what he actually thinks.

If your going to be angry about something, be angry about the teams/managers performance on the field, not some token interview straight after.

• Advertisement

Vicxas wrote: »
    I haven't felt this crap about a season since we finished 7th and we were nearly in administration.

It's not that bad. Everton's back four have score 9 Premier League goals this season. Our four strikers have scored 8.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Martin Skrtel had the same amount of goals last season in the league, as our top scorer does this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

C'mon....you know you want to!

1407670501317_Image_galleryImage_arewgsferg_jpg.JPG

flanzer wrote: »
    C'mon....you know you want to!

1407670501317_Image_galleryImage_arewgsferg_jpg.JPG

Should have roofied that sign...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

It's Rodgers' forays in the transfer market that are his most damaging attributes.
    And it scares me giving him another 100 million to try turn things around.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

From what beckenbaur said it would not surprise me to see klopp to Bayern..pep to city...

Also if utd swap de gea in a deal for bale and buy one or two more it won't matter who our manager is...fourth or higher will be extroadinarily difficult to attain given our club policy at present.

Yeah tbh we lost our top 4 spot above all else the teams above us all deserve their places but I know when I watch them play they isn't a great side amongst them....not being all David Moyes bitter but you can see why no English side made the quarter finals in Europe despite their outlays in transfer fees and we're the worst offenders. As someone just said the biggest problem backing Rodgers is trusting him with that much money again

I wouldn't trust Rodgers with €5, nevermind €100m.

Ya'd send him down the chipper to get ya a bag of €2.50 chips. He'd try and bargain the chipper down to €1.75 while holding up the entire queue of other happy customers willing to pay €2.50 for these chips. Eventually he decides to pay the €2.50 but by the time that happens all the other customers have eaten all the chips and he's left with nothing, just the pointy hard crunchy bits of chips at the end which he gets for free.

He'd then come back with an overpriced €5 organic potato and tell you it has great potential to become part of a bag of chips in the future.

Just get me my fcuking chips Brendan, I'm hungry!

edit: or the transfer committee or FSG's policy or whatever it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

DVDM93 wrote: »

Ya'd send him down the chipper to get ya a bag of €2.50 chips. He'd try and bargain the chipper down to €1.75 while holding up the entire queue of other happy customers willing to pay €2.50 for these chips. Eventually he decides to pay the €2.50 but by the time that happens all the other customers have eaten all the chips and he's left with nothing, just the pointy hard crunchy bits of chips at the end which he gets for free.

He'd then come back with an overpriced €5 organic potato and tell you it has great potential to become part of a bag of chips in the future.

A damning allegory..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I doubt very much that Rodgers is involved in transfer negotiations...

Loved the analogy all the same :pac:

Speaking of analogies. I miss Grayditch's

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Slattsy wrote: »
    It's Rodgers' forays in the transfer market that are his most damaging attributes.
    And it scares me giving him another 100 million to try turn things around.

is it rodgers who decides who we get and how much their worth..?
    is it a committee decision..? Majority or unanimous..?

A new manager will probably have to follow the same transfer system/committee as rodgers..would a top manager come to a club where he could be outvoted on a decision to buy a player.

i agree that the transfer market has been our major downfall but find it hard to fully blame rodgers.

Knex. wrote: »
    I doubt very much that Rodgers is involved in transfer negotiations...

Loved the analogy all the same :pac:

Speaking of analogies. I miss Grayditch's

Edited my post. Didn't mean to put ALL the blame on Rodgers. Thank you though :):D

King Grayditch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

edit: or the transfer committee or FSG's policy or whatever it is.

Tbf he did think those chips were excellent today :)
    Superb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Or he'd pay €3.00 for the chips and then try to put them into a new formation in a burger bun, then put them back into the chip bag, move some of the chips at the back out to the side of the bag and declare himself a tactical genius and claim the chips were outstanding.

Not sure how I feel about B-Rod and LFC at the moment tbh....very poor start and end to the season with glimpses of what might have been in the middle.

Also not sure if replacing him will necessarily solve things either....our squad is low on quality and our final league position will reflect this.

Don't think any of our players would threaten the starting XI's of any of the teams above us so all the tactics in the world aren't going to have us seriously bothering the top of the table. With a decent striker who knows where we'd be....going into the season with an injury prone Sturridge with Lambo, Balo and Fabio as back up was always a huge risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Might be best to avoid the humour thread for a while. Obsession United have taken over.....

ERG89 wrote: »
    Tbf he did think those chips were excellent today :)
    Superb

All sh1t food tastes good when you're drunk and given some of Rodgers' post match interviews I'd wonder if he's frequenting the bar at half time and keeping his friend Jack Daniels close by in a water bottle with some of the sh1te he's coming out with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have made our plans with Depay etc for our summer spending. So im sure Rodgers will be here next season. Remember what happened in 2012 we barely signed anyone as Kenny was looking at different players to Rodgers i.e Diame was one. Im confident that we will surely improve with our strikers at least for next season.

I still confident we can have a good season next year. Our young players should improve with this years experience.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I have no idea what this means!

Memphis-Depay4.jpg
    Dutch Football
    @football_oranje

ED reporter @RikElfrink tells Studio 040 that Man Utd is the least interested in Memphis Depay at the moment (between them, Liverpool, PSG)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Just can't understand why fans care about what is said in the media. A few years ago Kenny was apparently embarrassing for being short with the media. Now Rodgers talks too much. Who cares its not really important anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

I have no idea what this means!

Memphis-Depay4.jpg

Surely that counts for something right?

It'd be a serious d*ck move if he was just trolling Liverpool fans with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Twitter rumblings that both Madrid clubs getting slapped with transfer bans over youth player signings and that Real might go heavy this summer while appealing.
    If they want Sterling and we want rid, opportunity to milk them perhaps(lots of if's and buts I know!).

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Surely that counts for something right?

It'd be a serious d*ck move if he was just trolling Liverpool fans with this.
    Which would make the united fans love him if he did move there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Be crazy to pass up the chance to even sit down with Klopp, if he'd be at all interested in the job...might not be a coach like him back on the market for a few years.
    Bit harsh on Rogers but do we really want to give him more money to spend on players he doesn't want(Balotelli), know what to do with(Markovic), or are crap(Lovren)? Three years in and without Luis Suarez I can't say where Rogers has had any real success. Tactically, mentally, physically...we look as far away from a title as we ever have done.

That and just hearing Rogers go on about buying character rather than instilling it, and pretty much taking none of the blame or admitting his mistakes this season. Klopp would have more character than to do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

Henderson, Skrtel, Ibe, Coutinho, Mingolet and Can (probably) you'd hold on to from tonight's line up. Bin the rest.

As long as Can is not at right back. Hes not a right back.....Robbie Brady......Robbie Brady turned him inside out.....what is Manquillo doing to not get a game

As for Skrtel, either him or Lovren need to take responsibility for the goal.....both just ran out to play offside rather than calling and making sure everyone followed.....Toure in the Bernabeau was a much better leader, callling players out and making sure they were out before even trying to play offside.

Ibe very good, so no idea why he was hooked, and before Johnson is made the scapegoat, he created the best chance we had where Balotelli Henderson and whoever else was in the box had a tap in if they were awake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Haven't seen much of the recent games due to a mix of apathy and other stuff going on...can someone tell what's happened to Can lately? :confused:

Is it fatigue? Being played out of position??

Will he be able to fill the defensive midfield void next season or is that beyond him?

• Advertisement

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Haven't seen much of the recent games due to a mix of apathy and other stuff going on...can someone tell what's happened to Can lately? :confused:

Is it fatigue? Being played out of position??

Will he be able to fill the defensive midfield void next season or is that beyond him?

He is not a right back that's what's mainly wrong, he has the turning circle of a barge in a tight spot, he needs space to range forward, which he did well at times during the game.

Blame Rodgers for not playing Manquillo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,286 ✭✭✭slingerz

i cant see how Rodgers can come back again to be honest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Surely he'll be given next season ?

Get all the newbies to bed in properly and find the fabled 20 goal a season forward?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Is it just me completely falling out of love with the game because of rubbish like this? The man very nearly led us to a league title 11 months ago and now he is being thrown on the scrapheap for the simple reason, our team have forgotten how to score goals.

slingerz wrote: »
    i cant see how Rodgers can come back again to be honest

His post match interview annoyed the hell out of me too, i think maybe he feels like he's under the knife now.

You got to feel sorry for Rodgers and this transfer committee it's really hampering the manager, I doubt a top manager would stand for it and That's the problem, Rodgers is at the biggest he most likely be ever at. Liverpool could do better is the cold hard reality of the situation.

• Advertisement

Everton's back four have scored more PL goals this season (9) than Liverpool's four specialist strikers (8).

There lies your problem. You cannot blame the manager for something like that and possibly keep a straight face.

Is it just me completely falling out of love with the game because of rubbish like this? The man very nearly led us to a league title 11 months ago and now he is being thrown on the scrapheap for the simple reason, our team have forgotten how to score goals.

I wish you'd think a bit more rather than rush off another post defending the manager blindly. Who's fault is it the team isn't scoring? Why did Rodgers play one up (a player he doesn't much rate) and then replace the one with another lone striker last night? Why didn't he play a 4-3-3 or risk the diamond? I'm not anti Rodgers, far from it but I'm willing to pick up on his failings when they are apparent.

I wish you'd think a bit more rather than rush off another post defending the manager blindly. Who's fault is it the team isn't scoring? Why did Rodgers play one up (a player he doesn't much rate) and then replace the one with another lone striker last night? Why didn't he play a 4-3-3 or risk the diamond? I'm not anti Rodgers, far from it but I'm willing to pick up on his failings when they are apparent.

I'm not defending him blindly but I am more than willing to give him next season and see where we stand then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

As long as Can is not at right back. Hes not a right back.....Robbie Brady......Robbie Brady turned him inside out.....what is Manquillo doing to not get a game

As for Skrtel, either him or Lovren need to take responsibility for the goal.....both just ran out to play offside rather than calling and making sure everyone followed.....Toure in the Bernabeau was a much better leader, callling players out and making sure they were out before even trying to play offside.

Ibe very good, so no idea why he was hooked, and before Johnson is made the scapegoat, he created the best chance we had where Balotelli Henderson and whoever else was in the box had a tap in if they were awake

In one part of this your blaming players for not being awake. Yet Don't blame Balotelli for not being awake and keeping everyone on side. Or Can(Think it was Can)for not following his man and being aware. Hardly Lovren/Skertl s fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Its endemic of modern football fans, they demand immediate success.

Plenty of fans just don't like Rodgers its as simple as that. He isn't Kenny, he isn't Rafa that's the problem.

They are too blinded to see that we need 2 top strikers and we can challenge again under Rodgers. We go into the unknown with a new manager again, Rodgers has shown after Christmas in his first year to the end of last season that he can get a team to function and score plenty of goals but he needs the players like any manager does.

Its a cutting edge we lack that is all. Borini, Balotelli and Lambert aren't fit to where the Liverpool shirt simple as.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement