Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2015

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Who needs Klopp. Best get Hecking as manager

Can't believe you're writing Klopp off based on one match.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

SlickRic wrote: »
    If we have to spend £30m on a striker, I'd prefer us to throw it at Arsenal for Walcott.

We have one sicknote up front already. Wouldn't fancy having two of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

So barring a great comeback, Klopp has now officially performed worse this season than Rodgers.

But done things BR could only dream of at this point.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

NukaCola wrote: »

Such as...........

Remember, I'm talking about this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

We have one sicknote up front already. Wouldn't fancy having two of them.

apart from doing his cruciate last season he regularly played 30 odd games in the league. Him being injury prone is a bit of a myth. Walcott would be a great signing for us not going to happen now unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

So barring a great comeback, Klopp has now officially performed worse this season than Rodgers.

At least he can count his Bundesliga medals when he cries himself to sleep after reading your comment. BR has a grand total of one single playoff medal to account for his success.

Ya, himself and Sturridge would be great up top for about 5 games.

Also fairly unproven as an out and out striker. Would be almost as likely to hit the corner flag as score.

Such as...........

I'm not. I'm talking about his work at Dortmund as a whole.
    Why would you compare one season?
    What Klopp done for Dortmund, BR can only dream about at this stage of his career.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

At least he can count his Bundesliga medals when he cries himself to sleep after reading your comment. BR has a grand total of one single playoff medal to account for his success.

Why knock Rodgers. He is not managing long. The way we treat men that give their life's to a football club is a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Such as...........

Klopp got Dortmund to a cup final,last 16 of CL & finished 7th in the league
    Rodgers got Semi Finals of Cup,Group stage of CL & finished 6th in the league
    so u could argue Klopp done better this season as well.

• Advertisement

MD1990 wrote: »
    Klopp got Dortmund to a cup final,last 16 of CL & finished 7th in the league
    Rodgers got Semi Finals of Cup,Group stage of CL & finished 6th in the league
    so u could argue Klopp done better this season as well.

Won nothing.
    Finished with a lower PPG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,424 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

apart from doing his cruciate last season he regularly played 30 odd games in the league. Him being injury prone is a bit of a myth. Walcott would be a great signing for us not going to happen now unfortunately.
    Yesterday French media outlet L’Equipe did a piece on Arsene Wenger’s injury woes at Arsenal.

The club seem plagued by injury but will welcome back midfielder Theo Walcott and Serge Gnabry in the coming weeks after they returned from long term injuries.

Using data from physioroom.com, L’Equipe have found that Theo Walcott is Arsenal’s most commonly injured player.

Surprisingly Abou Diaby is 2nd behind his teammate, with the Frenchman suffering more long-term injuries.

The 23 year old Aaron Ramsey is beginning to work his way up the list after a broken leg kept him out of action for almost a year.

Still only 25, Walcott has picked up 42 injuries during his 8 year stay at the club.

Screen-Shot-2014-10-20-at-10.48.31.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

niallo27 wrote: »
    Why knock Rodgers. He is not managing long. The way we treat men that give their life's to a football club is a disgrace.

Huh?

What's disgraceful about the way he is being treated whilst earning those tens of thousands per week?

niallo27 wrote: »

I'm not knocking him. He's a more successful manager than I ever will be, but when Caovyn starts talking his usual 'blah blah Klopp is poor', 'blah blah I love you Brendy Rodgy 4evr and evr and evr', I have to set the record straight.

Klopp is also a young manager, but he's in a different league to BR.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,531 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Won nothing.
    Finished with a lower PPG.

Silly silly silly.

RasTa wrote: »
    Huh?

What's disgraceful about the way he is being treated whilst earning those tens of thousands per week?

Because the same people badmouthing him were the ones praising Gerrard all season, saying Balotelli deserves a chance and Sterling is worth 150k a week. Quite simple to see the issue here tbh.

noodler wrote: »
    Silly silly silly.

What's silly about 2 facts?

Can anyone sensibly explain the point of looking solely at the past 12 months when looking at managers?

Klopp also now hasn't won a trophy in 3 years. Unless you count the German charity shield.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Klopp to Rodgers - I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Can anyone sensibly explain the point of looking solely at the past 12 months when looking at managers?

I'll just point out here before anyone accuses me of doing so. I didn't say we should be looking at managers based on their performances over the last year, I merely pointed out that Rodgers has performed better this season than Klopp.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Screen-Shot-2014-10-20-at-10.48.31.png

Before last year's cruciate he played in 95 of the 114 games over 3 seasons. He would be a big upgrade on our attacking options and id swap him for sterling and 20 million in a heartbeat.

Because the same people badmouthing him were the ones praising Gerrard all season, saying Balotelli deserves a chance and Sterling is worth 150k a week. Quite simple to see the issue here tbh.

Yet again you're talking out of your arse.

I want Mario gone, and have been of this opinion since around October, when it was becoming clear he is crap. I also expect Sterling to leave, and I'm 100% against giving him 150k; even 100k a week is too much imo. I've also criticised Gerrard this season, as he has a negative influence on players like Henderson when he's in the side; I've praised him for his career, but this season was by far his worst.

BR has a lot to prove that he can be a success.
    Klopp has proved that he can be success.

Why you'd put Klopp down for this disastrous season, in which he resigned, to somehow prove that hiring would be a mistake is short sighted and extremely stupid. Because as things stands there is one clearly better manager.

I have a lot of time for BR and have said I think he can be a success for Liverpool but this mindless defence of the man by some is borderline weird. Its like the guy can do no wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Klopp also now hasn't won a trophy in 3 years. Unless you count the German charity shield.

#stillmorethanRodgers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Such as...........

Because it suits you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How can you judge managers on ppg when they manage teams in two different leagues and play different teams?

Surely if you are going to judge on ppg you do so when both managers play the same teams?

Also one manager quit for the better of the team he manages when he realized he took them as far as he could.

Also one manager quit for the better of the team he manages.

Doesn't say much for his ambition.

How can you judge managers on ppg when they manage teams in two different leagues and play different teams?

Surely if you are going to judge on ppg you do so when both managers play the same teams?

Its ****ing mental to be honest.

Klopp also got closer to silverware and further in Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

lads, this is all becoming too familiar.

Cards are going to start coming if posters don't post civilly and with respect.

This is the one and ONLY on thread warning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Yeah everyone needs to Klopp on.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Yeah everyone needs to Klopp on.

Rodger(s) yourself.

CarragherTweet.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

Doesn't say much for his ambition.

Ah now that's just a stupid comment.
    He resigned because in his own words a big head had to roll, that head being his own. I'm guessing he feels it's time for change, therefore resigned for the good of the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

RasTa wrote: »
    Huh?

Your hardly impartial now are you. I still think he is a brilliant manager who has been let down by injuries and players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Turtyturd wrote: »

Suffering brain damage and losing long term memory is the only logical/sensible explanation for solely looking at the last 12 months!!

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Suffering brain damage and losing long term memory is the only logical/sensible explanation for solely looking at the last 12 months!!

Who was looking at only the last 12 months?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Europa League qualification via league, and how many cup finals did Brodge get to?? How did Rodgers do in Europe this season too?? Klopp got out of the group stages.

Europa League qualification via league, and how many cup finals did Brodge get to?? How did Rodgers do in Europe this season too?? Klopp got out of the group stages.

As I've been told many times here,trophies matter.

Would you/we/i be happy if the team you/we/i support had a season like Dortmund?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,955 ✭✭✭dogbert27

I haven't bad mouthed Rodgers but I'd be happy to see him replaced based on the facts.

I also haven't defended Gerrard all season, I don't think Balotelli deserves a chance and I don't think Sterling is worth 150k a week.

• Advertisement

dogbert27 wrote: »

If this thread keeps going on like this I will suffer brain damage from reading it.

As I've been told many times here,trophies matter.

Would you/we/i be happy if the team you/we/i support had a season like Dortmund?

So Klopp got closer to the Champs Lge trophy and his leagues FA cup trophy than B-rod did.

If the team I/we/us supported had a season like Dortmunds id be deeply unhappy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

In a way Liverpool also won today as they go straight into the group stage of the uefa cup, a great victory for 2 clubs today.

So Klopp got closer to the Champs Lge trophy and his leagues FA cup trophy than B-rod did.

If the team I/we/us supported had a season like this id be deeply unhappy.

What did he win?
    Where did he finish in the league?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If Jurgen Klopp did for LFC what he has done for Dortmund he'd be even more loved than Rafa.

What did he win?

Where did Liverpool finish in the Bundesliga?

Where did Liverpool finish in the Bundesliga?

And I get accused of talking nonsense.

What did he win?

He didn't win anything this season. He finished around the same area as Rodgers. Europa league places.

If Jurgen Klopp did for LFC what he has done for Dortmund he'd be even more loved than Rafa.

And if he got the job and didn't finish in the top 4 in his first season, watchers like you would want him out.

• Advertisement

And I get accused of talking nonsense.

Well you keep comparing ppg's and where each finished in the league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement