Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waiting, so hard

• 27-04-2015 2:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

ICSI, healthy 5 day blastocyst gone in 6 days down, 7 to go before pregnancy test. So bloody hard just this waiting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 timitami

WFG wrote: »
    ICSI, healthy 5 day blastocyst gone in 6 days down, 7 to go before pregnancy test. So bloody hard just this waiting

I initially was thinking the two week wait would be good to settle and prep for good or bad news after the roller coaster that was the past month but I think one week would have been enough! It's really hard to balance hope and positive thinking with (for me) the statistical likelihood that is hasn't worked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

WFG wrote: »

Fingers crossed for you pet x Its a tough time, but hopefully the wait will be worth it x

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Doing the test this Monday. I am constantly terrified of a call from my wife saying "there is blood". She hasn't entertained the possibility of this not working at all so very worried how she might handle any bad news. We both have things going on to keep us distracted, but its constantly on my mind.
    Up until now everything just moved along nicely. Initially diagnosis of zero sperm, 7/8months of me on medication to get it up to enough to do ICSI (6 injections a week). Then things seemed to stall for a while. In new year herself started on medication, we had hoped to get eggs, do fertilisation and reinsert in 1 go, but over reaction to medication they wanted us to wait. Another 2/3 months. Produced a shed load of eggs (28) but only 6 made it through fertilisation. Now its the real thing, feels like if this goes wrong its end of the line. The insertion seemed to go fine, now still waiting waiting waiting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭stickybean

Oh I have everything crossed for you! Try to enjoy this time together and support each other. Think how much you have already moved on in the last 6/7 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭skallywag

I've got the T-Shirt on that one OP :-)

I wish you the very best of luck.

• Advertisement
Advertisement