Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

RINO87 wrote: »
    Do you mean they are flying Dubrovnik again??!

Yup! Flying out end of August back in Sept. Flights are showing available on the website also

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

flexcon wrote: »
    Yup! Flying out end of August back in Sept. Flights are showing available on the website also

Is it still only until end of September, or have they extended it due to the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Malaga flight started back today.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

Bahaha I have that booked for mid July.

That's a nope from me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

The Echo is reporting that Swiss will be restarting their flights to Zurich from July 5th. They’ll be operating once a week for starters with a morning flight every Sunday.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Cork-Airport-welcomes-return-of-popular-weekly-flight-to-continent-4edf0155-9c1e-428b-84fd-8c47e04eee4a-ds

That now means that all three major network carriers, Air France, KLM, and Swiss, are staying at Cork Airport, which is quite impressive as far as I’m concerned. I was honestly expecting that they would drop Cork under the pretence of the crisis.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Acosta wrote: »
    Malaga flight started back today.

Aer lingus one is still not taking bookings for July!?

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭what the hell!

thomil wrote: »
    The Echo is reporting that Swiss will be restarting their flights to Zurich from July 5th. They’ll be operating once a week for starters with a morning flight every Sunday.

https://www.echolive.ie/corknews/Cork-Airport-welcomes-return-of-popular-weekly-flight-to-continent-4edf0155-9c1e-428b-84fd-8c47e04eee4a-ds

That now means that all three major network carriers, Air France, KLM, and Swiss, are staying at Cork Airport, which is quite impressive as far as I’m concerned. I was honestly expecting that they would drop Cork under the pretence of the crisis.

That flight is so handy for connections, some very good deals. You'd be broke after a few hours in Zurich airport though- crazy expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Harika

That flight is so handy for connections, some very good deals. You'd be broke after a few hours in Zurich airport though- crazy expensive.

Expensive but great kids area. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Just got myself bargain flights to Alicante

98euro return for a week in July. Epic.

Working from home so regardless of quarantine I can do it at home when I return!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

We booked Naples for 50 euro each way with bags. Happy out.

Hotels superb value compared to here, too. Decent B&B's over there starting at 120 for 4 ngts!

• Advertisement

Hotels superb value compared to here, too. Decent B&B's over there starting at 120 for 4 ngts!

I hear covid19 is real cheap out there as well, they are practically giving it away for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Just make sure your insured, travel insurence won't cover you if you get C-19.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Dbu

roundymac wrote: »
    Just make sure your insured, travel insurence won't cover you if you get C-19.

Surely your E-111 card will though?

I hear covid19 is real cheap out there as well, they are practically giving it away for free.

Interesting. The steadily dropping figures show otherwise. No deaths at all, with very few new cases for the past while in the entire Campania region, which we'll be staying in.

Once you take the same precautions you would travelling around at home, you'll be fine.

Thanks for the concern though. We'll have a blast, and it's nice to be paying a quarter of the price for hotels and substantially cheaper food/drinks, compared to a city break at home... :)

Fair enough, it's obviously not for you, but don't put others down for choosing to head away for a few days break abroad.

Anyway, moving on..

Cork Airport have posted on social media that from July 1st Ryanair will be returning with 23 destinations :)

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/1276152397161775105?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭cantalach

Spent four days there on a similarly cheap deal last July. Fantastic city. You will never see pizza in the same light again. And you will regard every other European city as expensive after Naples. It can be murderously hot though so plan to do indoor stuff in the afternoon. Final tip: get the suburban train to Pompeii rather than the mainline train. Cheaper and stops at the archeological site rather than the modern day town.

cantalach wrote: »
    Spent four days there on a similarly cheap deal last July. Fantastic city. You will never see pizza in the same light again. And you will regard every other European city as expensive after Naples. It can be murderously hot though so plan to do indoor stuff in the afternoon. Final tip: get the suburban train to Pompeii rather than the mainline train. Cheaper and stops at the archeological site rather than the modern day town.

Have been before but only for a short visit. Loved it!
    Circumvesuviana train is brilliant alright.

Thinking of 3 nights in Salerno, 4 nights in Naples to allow us visit Amalfi and Positano by ferry this time around!

An exciting ride! Thanks!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,250 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

Have been before but only for a short visit. Loved it!
    Circumvesuviana train is brilliant alright.

Thinking of 3 nights in Salerno, 4 nights in Naples to allow us visit Amalfi and Positano by ferry this time around!

An exciting ride! Thanks!!

I did Naples, Sorrento, Capri, Positano and Amalfi last October. Our bases were Naples and Sorrento. I regretted spending so many nights in Naples. I wasn't very fond of the place at all. The pizza was great though. The Amalfi coast was stunning. I ended up wishing we had put more emphasis on our Sorrento base as I found the little towns lovely.

I regretted spending so many nights in Naples. I wasn't very fond of the place at all. The pizza was great though. The Amalfi coast was stunning.

Amalfi is undeniably beautiful. As I said to herself, it’s like an exaggerated version of Slea Head. Definitely a must-see. But it is absolutely ruined by the sheer volume of tourists (ourselves included, obviously). Feels a bit like a theme park. Queues and waits for everything. The price-gouging in pretty much all of the restaurants and cafés in Positano is absolutely ridiculous. For anyone on a budget (and truthfully I wasn’t when there) Sorrento has *some* cheaper options all right. Naples on the other hand has very few tourists and the “touristy” parts of town are where the Neapolitans live. Each to their own I suppose.

I regretted spending so many nights in Naples. I wasn't very fond of the place at all. The pizza was great though. The Amalfi coast was stunning.

Amalfi is undeniably beautiful. As I said to herself, it’s like an exaggerated version of Slea Head. Definitely a must-see. But it is absolutely ruined by the sheer volume of tourists (ourselves included, obviously). Feels a bit like a theme park. Queues and waits for everything. The price-gouging in pretty much all of the restaurants and cafés in Positano is absolutely ridiculous. For anyone on a budget (and truthfully I wasn’t when there) Sorrento has *some* cheaper options all right. Naples on the other hand has very few tourists and the “touristy” parts of town are where the Neapolitans live. Each to their own I suppose.

• Advertisement

Weird...I got a database error and then my last post appeared twice. I don’t think I can delete the duplicate. Sorry.

cantalach wrote: »

Yes the smaller towns can feel very 'full' during peak season. Same with the Cinque Terre villages.

Hopefully will be a fair bit quieter this year!

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Is Aer Lingus Cork-Faro back up and running yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Ryanair threatening to close its base at Cork

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

snotboogie wrote: »

Where you see that?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭Dbu

Is Aer Lingus Cork-Faro back up and running yet?

I think Aer Lingus have recently cancelled all flights from Cork for the next month or so, as far as Im aware, so apologies if some going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Dbu wrote: »
    I think Aer Lingus have recently cancelled all flights from Cork for the next month or so, as far as Im aware, so apologies if some going

Heathrow never stopped, frequency dropped massively but it's up again as of last week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

snotboogie wrote: »

The old Ryanair tactic of spitting out the dummy.

Advertisement