Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

https://twitter.com/corkairport/status/1402535876979212290?s=21

Wonderful to see. The elephant in the room being Aer Lingus and also the regional routes. Haven’t seen an ATR at Cork now since March 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

marno21 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/corkairport/status/1402535876979212290?s=21

Wonderful to see. The elephant in the room being Aer Lingus and also the regional routes. Haven’t seen an ATR at Cork now since March 2020.

Aer Lingus seem less enthusiastic about Cork than many of the continental airlines. I wonder, for example will they ever come back to serve Paris or Amsterdam or will that go entirely to Air France KLM.

I sort of get the impression Aer Lingus would happily just be Aer Dublin or a budget transatlantic operator out of Dublin and Manchester.

All that matters is the routes are there. They don’t need to be shamrock airways, but I just wonder what Aer Lingus will look like in 5 years time. The COVID impact and IAG ownership has changed a lot of things.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

British Airways is now London Airways in all but name.

The big question is; these routes were clearly viable pre Covid. If things return to near normal they will surely be viable again. If they can run 30+ flights to London per week there’s definitely still going to be some demand.

Of course, lot of LHR passengers were connecting. Need travel outside of the EU to make those flights busy again. Ditto AMS on EI with the KLM codeshare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

I'm still encouraged by the fact AL didn't close their base in Cork. With the pandemic and the works in September they had ample excuse to do so.

EI returning to Palma, Malaga and Faro in July according to the airport Instagram.

Wonderful news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Looks like cork Dubrovnik is gone. No longer showing in the app

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Stobart Air gone so aer lingus regional flights gone with them

Edit: scratch that, not seeing cork flights there. Thought they ran from cork, and with the announcement last week not having aer lingus in it I thought this explained why

Mushy wrote: »

Awful news :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Has Cork got Stobart services still...?.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,381 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Masala wrote: »
    Has Cork got Stobart services still...?.

Have ab edit in there that seemingly they don't. Guess it's been so long since was on a regional flight to Cork that I assumed they were still going

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Edit: scratch that, not seeing cork flights there. Thought they ran from cork, and with the announcement last week not having aer lingus in it I thought this explained why

That announcement last week from Cork airport was very odd. Because we all know for a fact that aer Lingus is running Heathrow. Cork airport came out yesterday on their Instagram 'story' and announced the aer Lingus schedule to include Faro, Malaga and Palma from July

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Have ab edit in there that seemingly they don't. Guess it's been so long since was on a regional flight to Cork that I assumed they were still going

I remember in the ‘old days’ seeing up to 3 x daily flights to Manchester with Stobart. 3 times a Day!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,507 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

That announcement last week from Cork airport was very odd. Because we all know for a fact that aer Lingus is running Heathrow. Cork airport came out yesterday on their Instagram 'story' and announced the aer Lingus schedule to include Faro, Malaga and Palma from July

I noticed their post and also Eamon Ryan in his stobart follow up statement said about non essential travel from 19th July. You'd wonder if 19th July must stand now.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Anyone have any insights into Swiss Air’s operations from Cork this summer? Tempted to book a flight for August but concerned it will be cancelled.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I'm booked out with Swiss at the end of July and they have confirmed the flight is going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

What's up with no Lanzarote flights from Cork? That was always busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

i see there is a lufthansa flight out of cork this afternoon to Frankfurt @17.25. Great to see

It’s still a pity to see the momentum of all this going to be whacked with 12 week full closure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

So Aer lingus adding

Malaga
    Palma
    Faro.

Come on Alicante! Please! I need to use those vouchers 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

flexcon wrote: »
    So Aer lingus adding

Malaga
    Palma
    Faro.

Come on Alicante! Please! I need to use those vouchers ��

where did you see this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

unplayable wrote: »
    where did you see this?

email from aer lingus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Which big airlines fly from cork?

I'm trying to get a flight to Sao Paolo in November.

So somebody like Air France would be able to do it all on one ticket. Cork > Paris > Sao Paolo

What other airlines operate in cork and Brazil?

Lufthansa maybe. Anyone other airlines that could do this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

KLM through Amsterdam
    Aer Lingus through Heathrow with BA
    Hop Air France through Charles De Gaulle
    Lufthansa through Frankfurt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭thomil

Lufthansa and Air France are summer-only flights for now.

I'd recommend flying with KLM via Amsterdam. You have only one stopover, a decent connection within a single terminal and a good airline. The prices aren't too bad either, roughly 700 for a round trip including 1 piece of checked luggage.

Just keep in mind that Cork Airport will be closed until November 22nd due to the reconstruction of the main runway.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Just to add, British Airways are allowing me to book Cork to Brazil too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

If its Heathrow or Amsterdam to transfer in, I'd recommend Amsterdam under normal circumstances.

However you can travel to the UK from Ireland without any COVID checks/tests/quarantines, I don't know the equivalent for Amsterdam.

KLM through Amsterdam
    Aer Lingus through Heathrow with BA
    Hop Air France through Charles De Gaulle
    Lufthansa through Frankfurt.

Air France is actually a full Air France service. The aircraft is just operated by Hop. The flights even have business class.

You can connect straight through with them via CDG.

Also bear in mind on the way back that mandatory hotel quarantine may apply from Brazil for some time to come. Keep an eye on :
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/travel_and_recreation/travel_to_ireland/hotel_quarantine.html

Brazil is also on the U.K. “red list” and passengers must go into hotel quarantine there too.

The situation may obviously change in a few months, particularly if you’re fully vaccinated, but it’s important to bear in mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Anyone flown from Cork airport recently? Anyone know if the bar, restaurants cafe are now open?

• Registered Users Posts: 669 ✭✭✭fm

When I was there last week bar was closed and the food court, amt coffee was open

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,672 ✭✭✭✭ACitizenErased

Was just about to ask the above questions. Flying to Switzerland next week and was hoping to get a full meal for a day's travelling before the flight. I assume AMT don't serve anything substantial? Or is the food court open?

Advertisement