Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

I do hope Emerald start running out of Cork. The previous Aer Lingus regional by Stobart had some great routes for UK trips with the likes of Bristol who's return would sort out connectivity to South West UK and easy enough link to South Wales as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

Aer Dublin would be a better name for that airline at this point.

Incidentally, my sympathies to anyone trying to fly between Cork and Edinburgh Airports today. Was chatting to a few would be passengers in Edinburgh Airport earlier - they were frustrated then having been there for eight hours and things have gotten even worse since. One or two even blagged their way on to the Knock flight just to get to get to somewhere in Ireland and then figure out onward travel from there. Absolutely no assistance on the ground from Ryanair as usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

The other problem with the schipol connections is KLM. They are an absolute pain when there are route changes.

Im still on their chat bot thing and keep getting chucked off the phone after they dropped two of my six multi city flights next week with no replacement. I used KLM because Heathrow is jammed with what I can only assume is people travelling for queens funeral. I’ve booked the replacement flights myself through the maze of CDG but they need to cancel the legs I can’t get to now and refund. Should be simple, but apparently it’s blocked by their “system” until I don’t turn up for the flight and show their evidence of their cancellation as the reason. What kind of stupidity is that. Just resell the seat you eejits.

With BA you actually can get changes made fairly easily.

For anyone else that happens to be affected by the current spate of cancellations, if you persist with the agents, you can get the flights eventually refunded in full, including any connections missed.

What is not volunteered by their agents, is that you are also entitled to compensation if the cancellation is within certain periods (less than 2 weeks notice, and less than 1 weeks notice is different compensation amounts). Both cash / voucher compensation, and also expenses from the airline. You have to explicitly ask for it, and submit forms to claim it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Im still waiting on compensation since July for a cancelled flight but no feed back or options to view the case.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

A VERY good upgrade for passenger experience

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

wasnt there talk in this thread during the summer that they had these machines already, and then they disappeared ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Ya when we were going to Spain in the end of May these were definitely in use

Perhaps there were just a couple of aisles trialling it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Could have been companies showing them off, maybe?

They had them in Helsinki, much quicker at security and less faff. They also looked awesome. Whoever designed them did a fantastic job.

Yes, I've been told 60 working days at least... That's 3 months.

• Advertisement

I got one reply shortly after submitting the case and nothing since regards to updates/estimates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I see funding granted for cork airport to get the new scanners that shannon got this year. Happy days

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Debub

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭agoodusername

Anyone here have any experience with the Thursday flight into Bordeaux? It arrives at 20 past midnight which seems a bit strange, but the prices are dirt cheap.

Just curious to know about:

Ground transport at that hour on arrival

How busy the flight was

Would you recommend it for a weekend break

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Personally I'd avoid it for now, a 1220am arrival, if it picks up any delay whatsoever, will be absolutely vile.

Havent been on the thursday flight but the airport is out a bit from the city.

We got the bus into town when we arrived which took a while due to traffic (1 hour) but got a taxi back to the airport (40 mins), was about 60 quid.

As for weekend break, defo, Bordeaux is a lovely spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭TheBetsy

Got an uber but it wasn't the cheapest. I think there was actually still busses running when we landed. Bordeaux is a nice spot so would definitely recommend

Thank you, that's great to know. I'll go for the Tuesday or Sunday flight with that in mind. Feel like the cost of a hotel for that evening would be such a waste, and with my luck with baggage, I'd get caught up and miss the last bus.

Really wish there was an alternative to it for the weekend, only other days are Sunday and Tuesday. Hope that it's changed, even a flight arriving at 9 may allow for a few drinks and a quick meal.

There's a good Kebab place that might be open late (it was up to midnight) when we got a munch there."Kapital Kebab" on Rue Parlement.

• Advertisement

Flight in to bordeaux is fine, and it's a lovely spot for a holiday. Bordeaux is gorgeous. If you're too late for a bus, taxi is available.

Coming back to Cork was cancelled for a member of my family earlier this year, they ended up taking the train to paris and catching the flight from CDG home next day as the flights are so infrequent. Compensation did cover the cost, but it's a painful process to chase it.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Does anyone have any idea when Ryanair will release seats/confirm routes for next summer? Some UK routes are bookable but most European routes are not bookable from end of March 2023.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

Ryanair usually release their summer schedule around late November/early December.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

I see Tenerife is up for next Summer already as collegue has booked his flights over the weekend.

Ya, there are a handful of places that are bookable but most are not, including some very popular routes e.g Girona and Reus

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

Last year - flights for Venice for example were bookable from mid-October.

Hopefully it will be the same this year! I need to book some flights to Italy next April but slightly concerned these routes will go the same way as former FR routes to Naples, Malta and Budapest (i.e. replaced by new routes).

Looks like I might have an answer to what is going on. Apparently negotiations between Cork Airport and Ryanair ongoing for flights next summer. Ryanair looking to introduce new routes if airport changes its charges.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/business/companies/arid-40975439.html

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

The issue with being over reliant on Ryanair didn't take long to materialise and you just end up being a puppet to that airline. Lucky when Aerlingus struggled this year Ryanair were there to fill some of the gaps but I'm not sure Cork airport should stretch their charges which would have a negative impact on the airport

Ultimately, need the other airlines to up their schedules

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭whatever76

this why Cork -> Faro flights been removed from April on ? they defo were there about 2 weeks back as was sussing out flights for June !

Advertisement