Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

That is something the airport need to get sorted with Ryanair asap. I know some people plan holidays well in advance so would be looking at possibilities for next year. Also purchasing flights as gifts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 31 fjr13

They must be monitoring the discussion. I see that Faro, Malaga etc are now available to book again for next summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Announcement of new routes to be made in next two weeks. Sounds intriguing.

https://redfm.ie/post/ryanair-says-cork-airport-passengers-will-not-be-disappointed-by-next-announcement/

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭DylanQuestion

Well they have already announced Rome which was a big one, so I wonder what more is to come :D Some routes that Dublin has that we don't have that would be nice:

Athens, Barcelona, Berlin, Brussels, Cardiff, Glasgow, Madrid, Lisbon, Kraków, Warsaw

Yes, indeed. Hopefully Germany will appear. On Rome, the announcement on that was for winter only so moving it to year-round would be a big result in itself.

• Advertisement

So they announced their shannon schedule this morning. Third aircraft to be based there. New route to south of france and going by the ryanair website they have kept the routes that were new for summer 2022. Likes of Faro seems to have increase frequency Hopefully a similar pattern will follow now for cork airport.

And more importantly all those calling for better services from regional airports after the mayhem in dublin take advantage on increase offerings

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I wish Aer Lingus would do more routes. Hate travelling Ryanair. Also,if i was to go Ryanair, I wish they'd do better times. Like all their Italy flights are a day too short or fly in the evening out so you lose a day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

Jason O'Gorman has an exhibition in the airport at the moment for anyone with time on their hands.

Cork airport is still my favourite. nice big tables in the lounge and the cafe area, decent wifi, power. The easiest place to be delayed in these days.

Rumours that United are to launch a new route to Ireland tomorrow. It would hardly be Cork, would it?

Unlikely, I'd say if anyone launches a T/A route it would be Delta as I believe they were very close to before covid. Who knows maybe we'll get both United and Delta!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Sucks for Cork, but Shannon needed something like that so I'm happy for them

Exactly shannon needed it and munster as a whole will benefit from it.

So now in cork left waiting for the Aer Lingus announcement. Wonder would Iberria come back with the summer madrid

Any updates on the Aer Lingus announcement you mention.Return of some old routes, some new ones ,or a combination of both?

Aren't we expecting a Ryanair announcement in the next week or two too?

Yes Ryanair announcement of new routes coming soon.

Ryanair’s increase of flights to Manchester and Edinburgh have really dented EI ‘s (Emeralds) plans for Cork. But surely EI will announce routes to places like Bristol and Glasgow…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Ya I’d imagine the bulk of any, if not all, service announcements will be coming from Ryanair. I’d expect little to nothing from Aerlingus at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

Just noticed on my ryanair app that my Tuesday 11th July 2023 flight from Cork to Tenerife has been cancelled. Ryanair Chat support told me that it's not finalised until I receive an e mail. Hopefully it will be back on after this announcement.

There seems to be a bit of movement this morning on their timetables e.g Bergamo timetable has now been released for next summer. I suspect we will get announcement very soon

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

Have you a link for that timetable? Cant find it

• Advertisement

I was just checking the booking engine for various routes. I need to go to Italy in April so was happy do see some movement with Bergamo.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I spotted the same. However don't worry. I recall a Ryanair issue a few months back regarding a different Ryanair route (info from a FB group I was on relating to the destination) and people had the same issue of cancellation showing on the app. Some people got their knickers in a twist and insisted on refunds etc but anyone who just waiting found their flights appeared back within a day or three with some minor changes e.g. time change or day change.

So until you get an email, i wouldn't read anything into that. There is some talk of them reopening the Tenerife base so that Tues flight might be a Tenerife plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭mick111112

Thanks for your reply, you are right we are going to hold on and see what happens. Very good advise on the refund (about not getting) as we got the flights at very good price and 14 of us travelling.

Worse thing you might find is that it might change + or - a day. I did notice last week, it had changed from a cork based flight to a tenerife based flight time wise.

If you look at Stansted to Tenerife, the timetable is all over the place next summer so I'd suspect you'll see it all calm down very shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

+/- a day can be a pretty big deal, depending on your plans.

I wouldn't call that a minor change usually.

Although this far out alright wouldn't worry about it.

Got my email, flights moved from Tuesday to previous Sat with the option of a full refund if I want.

I'm glad all the same as the Tues flight had changed to a 6am departure from Tenerife which ruins any form of a last evening/night there. Thankfully my accommodation isn't a non cancel type.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Looks like the KLM promise of multiple Amsterdam flights is evaporating... in December there seems to be only a single midday flight to/from Cork which makes connecting really awkward all of a sudden. Need morning/evening flights to continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

Who the absolute FCUK decided to built an airport on top of a hill where it's foggier, windier, and often inside the clouds? Was there some cute hoorism and brown envelopes involved?

Nearly crash landed there on a flight this afternoon. Was a pretty hairy landing. Drove down the hill towards home and while it was still lashing it was much less windy.

The entire airport needs to demolished and moved to sea level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭JackieChang

I took that flight this Thursday gone. €30 return. Really nice city, recommended. There was a bus outside and got into town in about half an hour. Flight was packed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

There were brown envelopes and cute hoorism for sure. The second choice of a spot near Little Island would have been better in hindsight, as the runway could be built in a more appropriate direction - there'd be much less fog, and there is a rail link!

But the pilots wouldn't have landed unless it was safe for them to do so, as passengers our idea of a "hairy" landing is probably only a "moderately tricky" landing for a pilot.

Advertisement