Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭ROY RACE

Does this mean the Barcelona flights with them go to ?

Close down that place I have to go to Dublin constantly to go anywhere decent -turn off the lights up there and put the key under the mat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

ROY RACE wrote: »

Close down that place I have to go to Dublin constantly to go anywhere decent -turn off the lights up there and put the key under the mat.

It's a small airport in a small second city in a small country. It's not all that bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,205 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Aer Lingus already fly to BCN?

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Aer Lingus already fly to BCN?

They do at over inflated prices for a couple of weeks during the summer I am referring to Norweigan Air

• Advertisement

They do at over inflated prices for a couple of weeks during the summer I am referring to Norweigan Air

Nothing Norwegian would have helped much anyway, FR already has them at their heels by flying to GRO and REU.

Nothing Norwegian would have helped much anyway, FR already has them at their heels by flying to GRO and REU.

Again at over inflated prices for a few weeks Norweigan would have brought competition up there,

Again at over inflated prices for a few weeks Norweigan would have brought competition up there,

Over competition is not good. You could have seen EIN snip it completely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Oh thanks, I'll start looking for another job will I

Ryanair announcement due Thursday according to PPRUNE.

• Advertisement

Ryanair announcement due Thursday according to PPRUNE.

what their usual line of we continue to discuss the situation with cork airport

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,549 ✭✭✭kub

what their usual line of we continue to discuss the situation with cork airport

Or they are pulling more flights out of Cork and transferring them to Shannon or Kerry.

kub wrote: »
    Or they are pulling more flights out of Cork and transferring them to Shannon or Kerry.

Ah here, no wonder Cork is doing so "Terrible" if everyone has this negativity all the time! Also ask yourself why in the name of god would an airline go to cork to make a negative announcement.

I have never ever said anything negative about Cork airport, Ryanair are a different story though and it is them that I was referring too.

It's constant on here though.

Iberia to Madrid-"Ryanair will soon jump on and then leave"
    Czech to Prague-"Ryanair will soon jump on and then leave"
    Aer Lingus to Dusseldorf-"Ryanair will compete with CGN and then leave"

How much of that has actually happened?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭corkonion

It's constant on here though.

Iberia to Madrid-"Ryanair will soon jump on and then leave"
    Czech to Prague-"Ryanair will soon jump on and then leave"
    Aer Lingus to Dusseldorf-"Ryanair will compete with CGN and then leave"

How much of that has actually happened?

That's exactly what Ruanair do in Cork, they never introduce a new route, they come in on existing routes, eliminate the competition and then either close the route or move it. They have done this on two polish routes, Cork to Dublin, Newcastle etc.

corkonion wrote: »
    That's exactly what Ruanair do in Cork, they never introduce a new route, they come in on existing routes, eliminate the competition and then either close the route or move it. They have done this on two polish routes, Cork to Dublin, Newcastle etc.

That's exactly what they have done, 8 years ago is it?

They never introduce a new route? Was Milan ever operating on another airline? How about Reus? Girona? Bordeaux?

That's exactly what they have done, 8 years ago is it?

They never introduce a new route? Was Milan ever operating on another airline? How about Reus? Girona? Bordeaux?

Ryanair don't currently fly to Reus or Girona out of Cork, their Bordeaux flight is still being operated.

Ryanair don't currently fly to Reus or Girona out of Cork

Yes they do:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

They currently do not fly to girona or reus until a few weeks in the summer when they charge a fortune for it

• Advertisement

They currently do not fly to girona or reus until a few weeks in the summer when they charge a fortune for it

They fly for 3 months in the summer. Fares aren't that bad to Girona as far as I can see.

I know you guys up in Shannon have more time for Ryanair than us in Cork as we are not as dependent on them for European routes as yourselves.

Ryanair have shown time again their business model and thankfully we have choice down here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

I presume he's comparing the attitude of a lot of the posters on the Cork thread (everything at Cork is sh!t) to the attitude of a lot of the posters on the Shannon thread (everything at Shannon is fantastic).

The contrast is interesting looking in from the outside anyway, given that we're talking about two airports that are much of a muchness in terms of capacity etc. really.

I presume he's comparing the attitude of a lot of the posters on the Cork thread (everything at Cork is sh!t) to the attitude of a lot of the posters on the Shannon thread (everything at Shannon is fantastic).

The contrast is interesting looking in from the outside anyway, given that we're talking about two airports that are much of a muchness in terms of capacity etc. really.

To be fair Shannon has a hell of a lot going for it than Cork, thanks probably to all of the political assistance it has gotten over the last few decades and of course now with its independence from DAA.

Cork has never had the degree of political assistance that Shannon had, as a matter of fact quite the opposite as demonstrated by FF, a promise that Cork airport would not be saddled with the debt of the new terminal was made by their Minister For Transport while turning the sod, but fast forward and the board that Michael Martin stuffed with his cronies, accepted the debt and he praised their decision.

Alright fair enough.

We'll see what's in store in a few hours I suppose.

EI-SEV was in, it flew down from Dublin spent over an hour in Cork and went back to Dub again.

I have checked the Ryanair, 96FM, Red FM and Evening Echo websites and there does not appear to be any announcement.

Has anyone come across anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Not a whisper. Probably just flew it down to try and wind us up.:D

Certainly wasn't the positive news another poster was predicting.

Certainly wasn't the positive news another poster was predicting.

Taken from PPRuNe.

• Advertisement

The only thing i saw about the airport was an add from Cityjet recruiting for cabin crew for their cork base

Advertisement