Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Blackie Grey

Part time job Id say maybe 1 flight a week perhaps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/ryanair-nears-agreement-feeder-plans
    I wonder had this anything to do with thursdays visit by FR from Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

roundymac wrote: »
    http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/ryanair-nears-agreement-feeder-plans
    I wonder had this anything to do with thursdays visit by FR from Dublin.

Where exactly would they feed from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Would we get cork lisbon back so?

ww.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/business/news/michael-oleary-to-unveil-latest-ryanair-plan-for-belfast-expansion-34494413.html
    I'm begining to suspect that O'Leary came to Cork to tell them why they WOULD'nt be getting any FR expansion.

• Advertisement

Would we get cork lisbon back so?
    Unlikely, Lisbon was flogged to death, unfortunatly.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Shannon have agreed a deal with Norwegian Air too it seems:

http://clareherald.com/2016/03/shannon-confirms-deal-with-norwegian-air-75391/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

razorblunt wrote: »
    Shannon have agreed a deal with Norwegian Air too it seems:

http://clareherald.com/2016/03/shannon-confirms-deal-with-norwegian-air-75391/

Jesus,it's like one step forward and two steps back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Not good news for cork

Why are people surprised?

It was fairly obvious from Day 1 what the motives of Norwegian were, but was it okay just because it was going to benefit Cork?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Norwegian approached Shannon before they approached Cork & todays press story is just Shannon stating this - which they are fully entitled to do. I think the CBP clearance at Shannon will actually cause more concern for the American Authorities than the non clearance at Cork. CBP is a 'clean' process with recognised Airlines and recognised procedures, even if Norwegian get Shannon, I doubt they will get CBP clearance.

I'm not long out of a briefing and looks hopeful for Cork, albeit delayed start

Edit: https://twitter.com/opinionline96/status/704637846712352768

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭rebs23

Carnacalla wrote: »
    Why are people surprised?

It was fairly obvious from Day 1 what the motives of Norwegian were, but was it okay just because it was going to benefit Cork?
    This is a Cork forum, what other kind of reaction would you expect? Of course we want more flight options.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

CBP and SNN will have nothing to do with the decision for DY going to SNN.

If you read.my posts you would see I'm.not in support of Norwegians plans for Shannon and I'm still of the opinion that Norwegian is only interested in both airports for reasons other than just getting into those markets.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

If you read.my posts you would see I'm.not in support of Norwegians plans for Shannon and I'm still of the opinion that Norwegian is only interested in both airports for reasons other than just getting into those markets.

I know what you are saying, a lot of grey areas with Norwegian but from Corks perspective, a route with them to Boston is better than anything we ever had across the Atlantic.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    CBP and SNN will have nothing to do with the decision for DY going to SNN.
    If they go with the times they were going from Cork with then the CBP at SNN will be closed for the day. 3pm departure.

Cork Airport management in Boston and DC, as EU Commissioner Violeta Bulc threatens US with 'Open Skies' mediation to resolve the issue.

If they go with the times they were going from Cork with then the CBP at SNN will be closed for the day. 3pm departure.

Not that its relevant, but I'm sure it could be extended if Norwegian ask nicely.

Andip wrote: »
    Cork Airport management in Boston and DC, as EU Commissioner Violeta Bulc threatens US with 'Open Skies' mediation to resolve the issue.

A clause of the Open Skies agreement is that it must not be used to avoid labour laws, could the Americans pull this card?

A clause of the Open Skies agreement is that it must not be used to avoid labour laws, could the Americans pull this card?

But Norwegian are already flying in and out of the States.At this stage I think we are being punished for being a 'tax haven' for their companies.What else can it be?.

• Advertisement

Not that its relevant, but I'm sure it could be extended if Norwegian ask nicely.
    The afternoon EI flight from Dub does not preclear and some of the Boston flights did'nt either.

The afternoon EI flight from Dub does not preclear and some of the Boston flights did'nt either.

Does it not? I thought it did!

They all clear

Unlikely, would take a lot more than 189 passengers to get it opened. I don't think they would use it anyway, cheaper doing it in US.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    Unlikely, would take a lot more than 189 passengers to get it opened. I don't think they would use it anyway, cheaper doing it in US.

They open on TUE/WED/THURS in the depth of the winter when there's only 1 757 flight don't they?

They open on TUE/WED/THURS in the depth of the winter when there's only 1 757 flight don't they?

Very complex set up, those are stationed here all year. The problem is staff are restored to do x hours and whatever services fit around those hours clear however you then have to balance the level of passengers with the number of staff and how much they can handle.

They will not increase staff without a lot more demand, it took nearly 2 years to get them at DUB and demand was significantly higher. I expect if they can handle the extra passengers and DY want to use it within current times they can but I really cannot see any other options.

Price is what will make DY attractive so clearing here or the US isn't going to disadvantage them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Less of the smart alec comments please

• Registered Users Posts: 14,279 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

imurdaddy wrote: »

Cop on. If you have a problem with a post, you report it. Do not get into an argument on the thread. This is the last warning. I'm deleting the last few posts now because it's just bickering again, which was the main reason the thread had to be locked the first time

On a positive note, the Boston meetings went very well, there's a real desire from tourism Boston to get the link established and equal pressure on the authorities in the States as there is here. May take a while longer, but the signs are still good

If all else fails we will have to remind the Yanks that a Cork man named their country.

• Advertisement

Above from the thread in Aviation and Aircraft.

Advertisement