Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options
1154155156157158160»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭agoodusername

Your point about the Aer Lingus route reminds me of the fact that it's the real practical route for so much of that part of Europe. For getting to the NRW region in Germany, Belgium or even Luxembourg it's really the best option.

I've used the CRL route and whilst handy and extremely affordable, you can be waiting a similar amount of time in a queue for the shuttle bus as the actual journey itself. Schiphol with the train station is just so much easier, that's before we even start talking about the airport layout and facilities.

Overall, any sort of Aer Lingus route into one of the German airports, Brussels Zaventem and/or Luxembourg would be a great help to me, especially with the early flight out being impossible to reach from outside of the Netherlands in time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭notAMember

Does anyone know how the routes are decided on?

Is it at the discretion of airlines, whatever they think will be profitable?

Does the airport actively lobby for routes, or the city council lobby for routes, or Chamber of commerce? How does it work? Is there a review process or some data they review?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Totally the discretion of the airline. The airline is the one with the ultimate financial responsibilities.

Airports can offer financial incentives to airlines, and busier airports have slot restrictions, after that it's pretty much the airlines discretion.

One thing that doesn't achieve new routes is councillors talking waffle in news articles.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭Acosta

Sick to death of being delayed with Ryanair. Not the same airline they were before covid. We need new airlines in Cork.

Advertisement