Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Carnacalla wrote: »
    New air bridge being installed today. Stand no.8

cork1_zpsew9r9akb.jpg

cork3_zpsg4gslsgp.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Yippee, about flipping time. Now for the other two.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

I can count on one hand how many times I have used an air bridge at Cork airport, why are they installing another one?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Nemanrio wrote: »
    I can count on one hand how many times I have used an air bridge at Cork airport, why are they installing another one?

Because people wouldn't stop going on about it like it was some conspiracy by the DAA to destroy Cork.

So now, we have 2 unused airbridges instead of one :P

Because people wouldn't stop going on about it like it was some conspiracy by the DAA to destroy Cork.

So now, we have 2 unused airbridges instead of one :P

Good God. What a waste of €€€.

• Advertisement

Good God. What a waste of €€€.

Iberia may use it though.

Worth a mention here, Ryanair adding Malaga (2pw), Las Palmas and Tenerife (1pw) for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Think i only used a bridge once up in the airport. Hopefully they will be used a loy more

Think i only used a bridge once up in the airport. Hopefully they will be used a loy more

Don't Ryanair refuse to use them due to the extra cost?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Yip although thats their case in a lot of airports and they only have a few routes there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,973 ✭✭✭Sh1tbag OToole

I always hated those air bridge yokes, horrible claustrophobic yokes and a queue always forms inside them. Always nice to get a bit of fresh (albeit slightly kerosene-scented) air and have a stroll out on the concrete before ya get inside the ould flying machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

It also adds time onto a short 25min turn around as passengers must exit/enter thru the one door.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

Just a bit of background information with regards to the airbridge utilisation, at least according to Cork Airport on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/718840319186497536

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

Used for 12 flights, 6 turnarounds.

Quite good, considering EI seemed to be afraid of the airbridge before!

Here's another tweet from Cork Airport, showing the airbridge in place:

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/720591121815093248

Is it just me, or does this bridge go lower than the one on the neighbouring stand?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

thomil wrote: »
    Here's another tweet from Cork Airport, showing the airbridge in place:

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/720591121815093248

Is it just me, or does this bridge go lower than the one on the neighbouring stand?

Steps at front will be raised once completed.

I would'nt have enough hands in two. I suspect you don't travel much, once a year on your "holliers".

.red. wrote: »
    It also adds time onto a short 25min turn around as passengers must exit/enter thru the one door.
    EI don't do 25min turnarounds, more like 45 min.

roundymac wrote: »

Which is why .red was responding to a post that contained the word "Ryanair".

Which is why .red was responding to a post that contained the word "Ryanair".
    Jayus, would you take a chill pill, why must everything be a flipping argument. As it is I was explaining about EI, not FR.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

.red. wrote: »

Not to get involved but its 40m and 35m and 50m ones are route specific.

Ryanair would be up to 35m on a lot of routes now also.

• Advertisement

Jayus, would you take a chill pill, why must everything be a flipping argument. As it is I was explaining about EI, not FR.:mad:

Where was the hostility in my remark? My God!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Yes but you quoted me when i was explaining why Ryanair dont use them, i never mentioned anything about Aer Lingus.

I would'nt have enough hands in two. I suspect you don't travel much, once a year on your "holliers".

I suspect that you wouldn't have a clue. ;)

Apologies to Carnacalla and Nemanrio over some personal remarks today. I was having a bad one and you came into my field of fire.

Apologies to Carnacalla and Nemanrio over some personal remarks today. I was having a bad one and you came into my field of fire.

Respected, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

So it seems Norweigan is finally going to get the go ahead to commence flying Cork to Boston

"Cork Airport has today welcomed the US Department of Transportation’s issuing of an Order to Show Cause in relation to the awarding of a foreign carrier permit to Norwegian Air International to commence the first transatlantic service from the city.
    The US Department’s order states that it “tentatively” finds that Norwegian Air International “should be issued the foreign air carrier permit” and that there is no legal basis to deny the airline a licence.

Today’s announcement opens process for all interested parties to make submissions supporting or opposing the awarding of the permit.
    This process will be open for 21 days, with a final decision made by the Department of Transportation seven days later.
    Niall MacCarthy, managing director at Cork Airport said: “This is absolutely fantastic news for the airport, the airline and the region."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

corkonion wrote: »
    “This is absolutely fantastic news for the airport, the airline and the region."
    There's no doubting that.
    Will be interesting to see the prices.

No problem lad.

Will Norwegian issue a statement in specific regards to the Cork services, or will they keep quiet and hope everyone forgets it?

• Advertisement

The current approval is only tentative. "Interested" parties will be able to make submissions for 21 days, and I've got a hunch that US unions such as ALPA and AFA will be making good use of this window. While I'm pretty sure that Norwegian has plans in the drawer to get the route off the ground (no pun intended?) as soon as feasible, they'll wait with the announcement until the DOT has given its final ruling. Anything else wouldn't make any sense for them.

Advertisement