Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

135 (75%) into Cork and 115 (64%) out of Cork. Very strong for first flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    135 (75%) into Cork and 115 (64%) out of Cork. Very strong for first flight.

Good to hear a bit of positive route news

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

First day without Cityjet flights today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Well, they are operating a charter to La Rochelle today so they still have a presence at Cork however slim it is.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭H8GHOTI

Just back from a holiday.
    When looking for flights I wanted:
    Cork > Barcelona > Gran Canaria > Cork

With our dates and the available flights it wasn't possible unfortunately. Ended up using Dublin instead. There wasn't much of a difference price wise.

There is only one flight a week to Gran Canaria. So you only have a choice of 7 or 14 days. I presume there just isn't enough business there to justify another flight.

Probably been said numerous times before but flying out of Cork is so much easier. Obviously the drive to Dublin is a factor, although I don't find that too bad.

It's things that are a little less obvious that made a difference to me. Parking and passport control. We landed at 5.30pm and it was 7pm before we were back in the car. Took around 30 mins to get through the passport checks. Then waiting for the bus to the car park which is a 15 minute drive away.

Compare that to Cork. Frequently get through passport control in 30 seconds and 2 minute walk to the car. If at all possible I'll fly from Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

[font=Myriad, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The latest figures released by the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) show Cork terminal flights were up by 19.1% compared with the same month last year, the strongest performance of any Irish airport for the month. Year-to-date passenger numbers to the end of June showed an 8.5% increase. Growth is projected to continue through the summer months as Cork benefits from additional traffic on several new summer services. [/font]

[font=Myriad, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Meanwhile, the wait to find out if Cork Airport will get its transatlantic route continues, and a local MEP is asking for pressure to be brought to bear on the US.[/font]

http://www.southernstar.ie/news/roundup/articles/2016/07/19/4123353-numbers-up-at-airport-but-pressure-is-growing-over-norwegian-flights-delay/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,646 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

snotboogie wrote: »
    [font=Myriad, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The latest figures released by the Irish Aviation Authority (IAA) show Cork terminal flights were up by 19.1% compared with the same month last year, the strongest performance of any Irish airport for the month. Year-to-date passenger numbers to the end of June showed an 8.5% increase. Growth is projected to continue through the summer months as Cork benefits from additional traffic on several new summer services. [/font]

[font=Myriad, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Meanwhile, the wait to find out if Cork Airport will get its transatlantic route continues, and a local MEP is asking for pressure to be brought to bear on the US.[/font]

http://www.southernstar.ie/news/roundup/articles/2016/07/19/4123353-numbers-up-at-airport-but-pressure-is-growing-over-norwegian-flights-delay/

I had forgotten the tea princess was still an MEP

Deirdre Clown. Gawd help us, what she knows about airports you could fit on a tea leaf.

From a reliable source I have been told that Norwegian have issued a request to Cork Airport today asking to link them from ORK to BOS for pre ops testing.

This is a required step in order to start a service from most Irish airports, and often signals that a service is fairly certain to commence given the significant cost involved in this link.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Carnacalla wrote: »
    From a reliable source I have been told that Norwegian have issued a request to Cork Airport today asking to link them from ORK to BOS for pre ops testing.

This is a required step in order to start a service from most Irish airports, and often signals that a service is fairly certain to commence given the significant cost involved in this link.

What does that involve?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

kub wrote: »
    What does that involve?

It mean Norweigan have requested connectivity for flight info, baggage messages and ticketing. It's costly because the main messaging body SITA have an awful lot of work to do & isn't something an airline takes lightly.

Andip wrote: »
    It mean Norweigan have requested connectivity for flight info, baggage messages and ticketing. It's costly because the main messaging body SITA have an awful lot of work to do & isn't something an airline takes lightly.
    Is it the airport or the airline paying for this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

So is this an indication that this route might actually happen?
    Have Norwegian been given a nod but it is not an official announcement yet?

kub wrote: »
    So is this an indication that this route might actually happen?
    Have Norwegian been given a nod but it is not an official announcement yet?

That's what it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cape Clear wrote: »
    Is it the airport or the airline paying for this?

The airline pays, otherwise you'd have every jack the lad with a pair of wings with the slightest chance of a route registering. I think what's significant is that they have held off until now.

Andip wrote: »
    The airline pays, otherwise you'd have every jack the lad with a pair of wings with the slightest chance of a route registering. I think what's significant is that they have held off until now.

How much money are we talking about here ballpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭Fabio

This would be great news if it's happening. At the rate they're going once an announcement is made flights could happen very shortly after because it sounds like the groundwork is being done in advance.

Fingers crossed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Leaving aside the whole US thing, the airport has annoumced increased frequencies on some routes for the winter schedule.
    southamption must be v popular route going to operate 4 times a week in the winter

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭JeffCash

Was flying out last week and they had a sign at the bottom of the escalators saying that their rush hour is from 4:30 - 6:30 am. Seems every time I fly out lately it's at the crack of dawn. Handy enough for me as I live nearby but just seems a little mental.

Leaving aside the whole US thing, the airport has annoumced increased frequencies on some routes for the winter schedule.
    southamption must be v popular route going to operate 4 times a week in the winter
    Just back from there, about 45 on the outbound, well over 60 on the return. A lot of cruise traffic I would say.

• Advertisement

So whats happened this Runway change to 16/34?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Flybe have changed Cork-Cardiff schedule for winter and now make the route useful. Operating on Mondays and Fridays and not the mess up until now where it was no use to anyone.

FR S17 partially released.

Alicante - Not Loaded
    Girona - Not Loaded
    Reus - Not Loaded
    Bordeaux - Not Loaded
    Carcassonne - Not Loaded
    Faro - 5pw (No change)
    Gdansk - 2pw (No change)
    Gran Canaria - 2pw (No change)
    La Rochelle - Not Loaded
    Lanzarote - 4pw (+1 pw, extra Monday flight)
    Liverpool - 4pw (-1 pw)
    Gatwick - 7pw (No change)
    Stansted - 21pw (No change)
    Malaga - 3pw (+1 pw)
    Majorca - 2pw (No change)
    Milan - Not Loaded
    Tenerife - 1pw (No change)
    Wroclaw - 2pw (No change)

Summer 2017 looking stable, extra weekly on Lanzarote and Malaga, but paying for it on Liverpool. If all the seasonal routes and extras get loaded it looks good.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Ryanair did Tenerife twice a week this year during summer

TheDriver wrote: »
    Ryanair did Tenerife twice a week this year during summer

During the middle. Seasonal increases aren't loaded yet, nothing to worry about :)

Ah cool, wasn't aware of that. Did you trawl the website for all that info?

Ah cool, wasn't aware of that. Did you trawl the website for all that info?

Only took about 10 minutes looking through the Ryanair app. Nice to see how the schedules looking at Cork/Shannon/Knock.

I notice krakow from Shannon is moving to Tues/sat timeslot

I notice krakow from Shannon is moving to Tues/sat timeslot

Not really related to Cork.

• Advertisement

True but us Cork folk who used to use the cork service now must use Shannon service

Advertisement