Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Looks like the Cork to Edinburgh route is going to two routes a day on Sundays from the end of March.

It also looks like they're expecting Munster to get to the European Cup final in Murrayfield, flights back on the Sunday that weekend are over €200! Don't jinx them lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I know someone who went to Liverpool last weekend. He got the Aircoach up early morning Saturday (2am) to catch the flight from DUB. Flew back Sun night and had to face the Aircoach journey back down. There were flights from Cork to Liverpool and return that he could have taken at practically the same time. I think he saved €35 but spent 7 hours on the Aircoach plus the awful time he had to get up at and got home at. Oh and he lives 10 minute drive from the airport. Ludicrous is the only word.

What a misery. Jesus you'd hate to be that perished.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

Is City Jet gone from Cork Airport? Was trying to find their flights to Nantes or La Rochelle from Cork this summer and looks like they are no longer running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Not according to the Cork Airport destinations map.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

roundymac wrote: »

I wouldn't rely on that.

Jersey is still listed too and that's also cancelled, with Newquay its replacement being shown as well.

• Advertisement

http://www.corkairport.com/destinations/route-map/detail/la-rochelle

but CityJet's website does not show Cork as a departure city even if you move the departure date to June 18th.

Interesting that there is not official news story that they pulled out of Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

JCX BXC wrote: »
    I wouldn't rely on that.

Jersey is still listed too and that's also cancelled, with Newquay its replacement being shown as well.
    Is it not starting up in March ?

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Is it not starting up in March ?

Nope, Jersey is cancelled, Newquay is taking its place.

Ah feck,some of my friends used use that service to visit back home.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

BailMeOut wrote: »

http://www.corkairport.com/destinations/route-map/detail/la-rochelle

but CityJet's website does not show Cork as a departure city even if you move the departure date to June 18th.

Interesting that there is not official news story that they pulled out of Cork.
    Cork-La Rochelle moved a grand total of 2,500 people last year, the Bordeaux route moved more per month every month it was operational than La Rochelle did in total. No surprise if it's pulled.

• Advertisement

They should definitely expand the Bordeaux route.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

The 2017 Summer schedule at Jersey Airport appears to disagree. It shows flights to/from Cork starting on May 6th:

http://www.jerseyairport.com/flight/PublishingImages/Pages/WhereWeFly/Summer%202017%20-%20Where%20We%20Fly%20To.pdf

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

thomil wrote: »
    The 2017 Summer schedule at Jersey Airport appears to disagree. It shows flights to/from Cork starting on May 6th:

http://www.jerseyairport.com/flight/PublishingImages/Pages/WhereWeFly/Summer%202017%20-%20Where%20We%20Fly%20To.pdf

Go ahead and book a flight so on Aer Lingus.

There is none? Surprising.

Jersey is gone, Newquay has taken its place. I don't think there is any news article on this but the service is most definitely gone, airports are always very slow to update information on their websites.

w.irishexaminer.com/ireland/low-fare-ireland-us-flights-to-be-announced-within-weeks-441631.html
    Will be interesting to see if this finally goes ahead.

w.irishexaminer.com/ireland/low-fare-ireland-us-flights-to-be-announced-within-weeks-441631.html
    Will be interesting to see if this finally goes ahead.

Indeed.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

Is holiday blue the cheapest option for parking, will be parking for seven days.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I find blue much better than red for getting to terminal, you'll always find parking close to ramp down

Is holiday blue the cheapest option for parking, will be parking for seven days.

I always use Cork Air Park Services. They are €5/day and you can get your car washed and serviced while they have it which is dead handy.

https://www.corkairparkservices.ie/

A year ago you could park in the multi story long term, now that things have picked you can't.:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭Jack the Stripper

The hot food was unavailable in the bar at gates, didn't ask why but anyone know? Lots of unhappy hungry people.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭thomil

The hot food was unavailable in the bar at gates, didn't ask why but anyone know? Lots of unhappy hungry people.

Read a few days back that they are revamping the food and beverage offerings airside as Part of a 4 million euro upgrade program for the airport. It'll take me some time to find the link, though.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

thomil wrote: »
    Read a few days back that they are revamping the food and beverage offerings airside as Part of a 4 million euro upgrade program for the airport. It'll take me some time to find the link, though.

Correct, they're turning it around to offer a bigger offering airside.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,504 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I used to always use air park services but red is now as cheap and its a pain waiting for bus to be full etc

great move. Always thought having that big restaurant on the wrong side of security was a bad idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

TheDriver wrote: »
    I used to always use air park services but red is now as cheap and its a pain waiting for bus to be full etc
    I've been taken as the only passenger on a CAPS bus on multiple occasions, I've never had to wait for a bus to fill up.

More good news:
    Cork Airport saw passenger numbers increase by 6% in January 2017 
    This is particularly impressive:
    The biggest increase in passenger growth was on routes to and from the UK, despite the challenges posed by Brexit. Traffic to and from multiple UK destinations including three London Airports and multiple Provincial cities in England, Scotland and Wales was up 7% to 91,000 passengers from 85,000 the previous January
    Especially when you consider that they had to make up to 4k on the cancelled London City as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I hope the put speckers in there to hear flight anouncements almost missed a flight last year

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Makes for positive reading and a step in the right direction so long as the food court stays open longer. 

Surprised Last Call is getting a facelift - this seemed to be aging well and considering it was only refurbished in the past 4 years
    http://www.eveningecho.ie/cork-news/cork-airport-food-court-move-airside/2628563/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭Mumha

Just re drop offs, I wish they would make a third lane outside the terminal building, just move that statue back a bit further (they'd also probably have to put in a retaining wall). Those who have the time to park up will do so anyway, while others are currently circling around to the back of the second lane, causing chaos for the busy times.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

More on the food and beverage upgrade along with additional passenger security screening facility.

http://www.independent.ie/life/travel/travel-news/cork-airport-cooks-up-new-food-court-as-part-of-4-million-upgrade-35473341.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭vetinari

not a good sign by Norwegian Airlines, they're routing most of the flights through Dublin.
    3 flights a week is at least better than nothing.

Advertisement