Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Summer performed well, loads into the 90% on most flights apprentently.

However, low season may be a challenge.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

roundymac wrote: »
    JCX BXC wrote: »
    A route too far maybe, Providence is about all what we'll get, and I'm ok with that if it is sustainable. What we don't want are routes that will pack up after 6 months (Iceland).
    Stewart performs better than Providence in Shannon, Dublin and Belfast.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭PreCocious

86 pax inbound on this morning's arrival from Providence. A similar amount on the outbound flight on Thursday (though seemed to more Americans on Thursday's flight).

PreCocious wrote: »
    86 pax inbound on this morning's arrival from Providence. A similar amount on the outbound flight on Thursday (though seemed to more Americans on Thursday's flight).

That's not promising, especially with the fares being lower on NAI hence needing a higher number of pax to get a reasonable yield.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 993 ✭✭✭737max

A CS100/CS300 could make that flight viable but nobody will ever get rich on a route like that so probably not worth the bother.

• Advertisement

PreCocious wrote: »

Thanksgiving weekend effect? Do you know any broader numbers?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RebelCork17

snotboogie wrote: »
    Thanksgiving weekend effect? Do you know any broader numbers?

Over 140 on yesterday’s ork-pvd. That’s quite high in comparison to other services over the past few weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Over 140 on yesterday’s ork-pvd. That’s quite high in comparison to other services over the past few weeks

If one took off yesterday, how come there was a Norwegian 737 parked up beyond the Cargo ramp this morning?

Perhaps it is another plane?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

kub wrote: »
    If one took off yesterday, how come there was a Norwegian 737 parked up beyond the Cargo ramp this morning?

Perhaps it is another plane?
    Technical issue with the plane you saw (EI-FYF), which is still in Cork. A second plane (738 - EI-FJW) was brought down from Dublin to operate Sunday's D81821 to Providence.

marno21 wrote: »
    Technical issue with the plane you saw (EI-FYF), which is still in Cork. A second plane (738 - EI-FJW) was brought down from Dublin to operate Sunday's D81821 to Providence.

That is great, I was worried that pax numbers were so low that they felt it best to park it up until the next flight.

• Advertisement

It's amazing how two newspapers can take the same story and spin it completely differently:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/cork-to-new-york-route-still-under-consideration-by-norwegian-1.3306027?mode=amp

I think what happened is he was asked and gave a stock answer.

snotboogie wrote: »
    It's amazing how two newspapers can take the same story and spin it completely differently:

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/cork-to-new-york-route-still-under-consideration-by-norwegian-1.3306027?mode=amp

I think what happened is he was asked and gave a stock answer.

I would give the Irish Times more credit here, The Echo is a rag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭zetalambda

A couple of flights last month were full too.
    kub wrote: »
    I would give the Irish Times more credit here, The Echo is a rag.

It's the Echos attempt at a sensational headline!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

Most FR seasonal routes running an extra month in 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

the majority of them arent starting till may tho

the majority of them arent starting till may tho

You mean June?

Most operating into September, a good boost for the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Good boast summer season does be v short in cork compared to other airports where standard seems to be may to october

Good boast summer season does be v short in cork compared to other airports where standard seems to be may to october

Late March to October is the norm for most summer routes. I've never actually seen May-October/September in any Ryanair route.

Routes like Carcassonne and Girona are very hard to sustain outside of peak holiday season, so June-July/August has been traditionally the norm for these routes in both Knock and Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

guys is cork zurich back next year and has the frequency been upped?

• Advertisement

kooga wrote: »
    guys is cork zurich back next year and has the frequency been upped?
    Yep; May to October and they've added a Wednesday flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

3 Aircraft circling at the moment, 2 Aer Lingus, AMS and LHR and one Stobart from Birmingham, fog I persume to be the reason.

roundymac wrote: »
    3 Aircraft circling at the moment, 2 Aer Lingus, AMS and LHR and one Stobart from Birmingham, fog I persume to be the reason.

All landed, private jet diverted to Shannon earlier.

Manchester to Cork cancelled this morning as the outbound Cork to Manchester flight diverted to Leeds.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

All landed, private jet diverted to Shannon earlier.

Manchester to Cork cancelled this morning as the outbound Cork to Manchester flight diverted to Leeds.

Jet was G-THFC which as you can guess was once owned by Tottenham Hotspur chairman Daniel Levy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Do airports or airlines ever do surveys to find out where people travel from in Ireland to Dublin airport say for example if people traveled from Cork/Kerry to Dublin,to fly to Nice ?

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭vg88

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Do airports or airlines ever do surveys to find out where people travel from in Ireland to Dublin airport say for example if people traveled from Cork/Kerry to Dublin,to fly to Nice ?

No, it's soley from airport to airport as far as I'm aware.

Maybe the CSO has data?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

moloner4 wrote: »
    No, it's soley from airport to airport as far as I'm aware.

Maybe the CSO has data?

Airlines would have the data from bookings but dunno if they use it. Doubt they care tbh.

Perhaps there's been a Red C poll on the matter, such as the one in 2014 outlining where US passengers landing in Shannon head to?

With any poll on the issue you must remember that many people will simply continue to use Dublin anyway, for a number of reasons.

1). Frequency, you'll never match frequency

2). Price, if Ryanair's on the route in Dublin and some higher cost airline in cork, you can be sure that people will head to Dublin to save that 5, 10, 20 or 100 euro.

3). Ignorance, simply book Dublin every time, don't even look at other options.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

.red. wrote: »
    Airlines would have the data from bookings but dunno if they use it. Doubt they care tbh.
    Maybe they should to get more accurate figures when opening up routes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,262 ✭✭✭Schorpio

Very foggy up there this afternoon. I happened to be on the Stobart flight from Bristol (same plane which came directly from Leeds after the Manchester flight was cancelled), and couldn't see the ground until seconds before touchdown.

Surprised we were given clearance at all.

Advertisement