Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Between the time spent arsing around in airports, and the fact Dublin Airport is out in the sticks, it just makes no sense compared to the train (if you want something slightly better than a bus).

And if only they'd bother to connect our country's main international airport and hub to our rail network the train would be an even better option! I still can't believe the only public transport option to get to and from DUB is a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

On another note, can we hope to see Turkish Airlines operate out of Cork in the future? They were considering it over two years ago.. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/aviation-giant-turkish-airlines-eyes-cork-flights-370253.html&ved=2ahUKEwizrvvf-ZvZAhVDD8AKHcJEDjgQFjAEegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1EHgnaEx_dg5WRFpTHSa9F

It would be fantastic with all the connections!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

On another note, can we hope to see Turkish Airlines operate out of Cork in the future? They were considering it over two years ago.. https://www.google.ie/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=https://www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/aviation-giant-turkish-airlines-eyes-cork-flights-370253.html&ved=2ahUKEwizrvvf-ZvZAhVDD8AKHcJEDjgQFjAEegQICBAB&usg=AOvVaw1EHgnaEx_dg5WRFpTHSa9F

It would be fantastic with all the connections!

Also popped up about Shannon, seems to pop up every now and again with no real move on a route. One may even think that they're only doing it to get PR for their DUB route.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

A lot of Turkish Airlines cadets take flying lessons in Cork, so at least they'd be used to our "unique" location for the airport!

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭fonzy951

EnzoScifo wrote: »
    A lot of Turkish Airlines cadets take flying lessons in Cork, so at least they'd be used to our "unique" location for the airport!

You could hardly call Cork airport a "unique" location. 150m elevation is very average with regard to elevated airports, just to mention a few higher airports Knock, Bristol, Luton, Stuggart etc... Don't believe all the waffle.

• Advertisement

Has anyone been reading the Cork Airport Supporters Facebook Group?

I've actually had to leave as the contribution quality has gotten so low.

Facebook - the platform where people who know nothing about a certain topic can act like they know everything, and get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Soccarboy11

JCX BXC wrote: »

Facebook - the platform where people who know nothing about a certain topic can act like they know everything, and get away with it.

I left that group over two weeks ago. The quality just got too bad and the 'know it alls' ruined it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Cork Airport Supporters Group is not an appropriate name whatsoever! All they do on there is moan and groan. should be named the "Bashing every airport outside of Cork group" or the Cork Airport begrudging group"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

You havent missed much, just the same old runway length arguments

Shn99 wrote: »
    You havent missed much, just the same old runway length arguments

I know, only left today!

Constant constant sh*te, when nobody wants to realise that millions into a new runway would make no difference, paying Ryanair to operate flights would get much more passengers and likely cost much less!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭EnzoScifo

fonzy951 wrote: »
    You could hardly call Cork airport a "unique" location. 150m elevation is very average with regard to elevated airports, just to mention a few higher airports Knock, Bristol, Luton, Stuggart etc... Don't believe all the waffle.

I wasn't being entirely serious :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

What's with all the cones preventing people being able to park temporarily?

Was there last night and most of the parking bays lined with cones and it was pretty busy there too. Seems a little silly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

Shn99 wrote: »
    Cork Airport Supporters Group is not an appropriate name whatsoever! All they do on there is moan and groan. should be named the "Bashing every airport outside of Cork group" or the Cork Airport begrudging group"

Sounds like the majority of Facebook :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Agree with the facebook group..some of the stuff is silly i removed myself from it...and some know little about existing routes ie like looking for a madrid service when theres a twice weekly service in the summer.

On a side note i see travel fox are advertising a package from cork to spilt. Unfortunately dates didnt suits but nice to see a croatian option from cork..would love to go back some day loved it when i was there

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

We still have ambitions to launch future new routes from Cork,” he said.
    Norwegian committed to Ireland despite €94.5m loss
    tiny bit of positivity from Norwegian on the New York route.

In fairness to Cork Airport they are pushing norwegien a lot on their social media hopefully it continues to be a success for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Agree with the facebook group..some of the stuff is silly i removed myself from it...and some know little about existing routes ie like looking for a madrid service when theres a twice weekly service in the summer.

On a side note i see travel fox are advertising a package from cork to spilt. Unfortunately dates didnt suits but nice to see a croatian option from cork..would love to go back some day loved it when i was there

Is that a Direct flight? I always have to take the cork to amsterdam, and then onto Zagreb or Zadar.

flexcon wrote: »
    Is that a Direct flight? I always have to take the cork to amsterdam, and then onto Zagreb or Zadar.

It's a charter flight, generally operating very infrequently to somewhere like split. You should check with the charter company, sometimes they'll offer seat only.

It's a charter flight, generally operating very infrequently to somewhere like split. You should check with the charter company, sometimes they'll offer seat only.

Awesome. That would actually be worth every penny during the summer months.

I didnt look to much into it but saw a package for end of may and one for sept. Maybe trying phoning/emailing travelfox and they migt be able to help you out. Some of the new routes in recent years started out as charters so you never know.
    Wish the fly cork and the airports own social media pages would highlight these offers more

• Advertisement

I didnt look to much into it but saw a package for end of may and one for sept. Maybe trying phoning/emailing travelfox and they migt be able to help you out. Some of the new routes in recent years started out as charters so you never know.
    Wish the fly cork and the airports own social media pages would highlight these offers more

completely. I only found out that there were flights to London City Airport when the decided to pull the route. Sky scanner, etc, never showed that route and I never came across any Advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,468 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Google flights is far better than Skyscanner imo

To be fair London City was heavily advertised online, in media and even on billboards and on sides of buses in Cork!

To be fair London City was heavily advertised online, in media and even on billboards and on sides of buses in Cork!

Don't get me wrong, I have a personal responsibility to actively search for that info, but, in this case - I personally never saw adverts in any capacity.

I'm sure I heard something familiar on REDFM for the cork to Malaga flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

flexcon wrote: »
    Don't get me wrong, I have a personal responsibility to actively search for that info, but, in this case - I personally never saw adverts in any capacity.

I'm sure I heard something familiar on REDFM for the cork to Malaga flight?
    It was, trust me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

http://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Ryanair-launches-new-Cork-to-Faro-flight-starting-next-winter-8225cb09-6f2d-4396-a004-f47479fcc668-ds

Ryanair adding Cork to Faro, airport forecasts 4% growth in 2018 which should take PAX to 2.4 million, similar to 2010 numbers.

Sounds very promising.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of info regarding car rental at cork airport,
    I'm looking to hire a car for 2 days, my flight will arive at 21.40 on a sunday and leave at 7AM on the tuesday morning,
    As it will be out of hours whats the process of collecting and dropping off the car at the airport?

Cheers.

gustafo wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to hire a car for 2 days, my flight will arive at 21.40 on a sunday and leave at 7AM on the tuesday morning,
    As it will be out of hours whats the process of collecting and dropping off the car at the airport?

Cheers.

I'd advise checking with the car rental companies themselves, they'd be the best to inform you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

gustafo wrote: »
    Hi,

Cheers.

I know that Eurocar are there until the last flight arrives in, they also start very early in the morning also.

Advertisement