Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Kosice won in the finish but it looks like a lot of fake profiles voted for it.

Back the road to Kerry for Germany flights it is

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Well....... that was predictable!!!

...and a waste of internet time and broadband width.

The Pro-Cork voters taking it hard on the Euro-wings Facebook page!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

That's a pity,
    Looks like the airport's marketing team will have to earn their huge salaries and do a bit of work to get a new route in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

marno21 wrote: »
    Kosice won in the finish but it looks like a lot of fake profiles voted for it.

Back the road to Kerry for Germany flights it is

Looks like Berlin's gone from October.
    it looks like a lot of fake profiles voted for it.

What's your evidence for this?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Looks like Berlin's gone from October

Kerry Berlin?????? Are you sure???

I can see flights for November onward on Kerry-Berlin for Thursdays & Sunday and all bookable

• Advertisement

Masala wrote: »
    Kerry Berlin?????? Are you sure???

I can see flights for November onward on Kerry-Berlin for Thursdays & Sunday and all bookable

My mistake, must have only been loaded in the last day or so, was not included in the Ryanair winter release ( https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryanair-launches-biggest-ever-irish-winter-2018-schedule/?market=ie) so was safe to assume it was cut. Must be a change of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Shame Cork didn't win. The voting lacked any sort of transparency so who really knows the outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Cork didn’t win, life moves on as normal. Can not get over th bickering on the Facebook “supporters” group.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Looks like Berlin's gone from October.

What's your evidence for this?

I looked through the list of people who had voted on the post on Facebook

marno21 wrote: »
    I looked through the list of people who had voted on the post on Facebook

I wasn't able to do that actually, was it on Facebook desktop or on a phone? (My attempt was the latter).

Facebook app can be painful at times, strange for such a large and popular platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I wasn't able to do that actually, was it on Facebook desktop or on a phone? (My attempt was the latter).

Facebook app can be painful at times, strange for such a large and popular platform.

yeah you cant check on the phone, you can on desktop. Some sketchy one day old accounts alright. But sure whats done is done! Life moves on :) Hopefully cork gets some more flights down the line

Nothing new anyway, was no different for the Shannon competition where the end result was vastly different to the original one.

Nothing new anyway, was no different for the Shannon competition where the end result was vastly different to the original one.

Yep..... watch this space!!! Vote for Knock next!!!

What a scam... and 10500 people fell for it!!

Managed to snap a picture of that A330 NEO plane flying to Cork Airport, seems to be going around twice. Its huge! Never saw something that big fly to Cork Airport. Its not landing, runway too small I am assuming but it seems to be testing landing most likely in the winds?

6QaJZ48.jpg

Shouldn't have an issue landing if it wanted to.

Shouldn't have an issue landing if it wanted to.

Ah cool. On the cork airport Twitter they mentioned it wouldn't be landing just going close to the ground and back up. Came from SNN it looks like.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

Flew to Birmingham on an A330 for a Heineken cup match back in 2008. Flew to Birmingham as well for the final on a 744.

https://www.flightradar24.com/EIN60Y/10b634cb

Looks like a diversion from DUB to ORK after circling a few times by DUB. Looks like lots of planes are circling, must be strong winds?

EDIT: CDG to DUB also looks like its been diverted to ORK: https://www.flightradar24.com/EIN527/10b641ff

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

roundymac wrote: »
    Flew to Birmingham on an A330 for a Heineken cup match back in 2008. Flew to Birmingham as well for the final on a 744.

They were all day trips so had no luggage or cargo. Barely any fuel or catering either so the take off weight would have been very low compared to a full flight meaning the runway wasn't much of an issue.
    Most aircraft can land and take off there with low loads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

I see cork-Ams cancelled this morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

kooga wrote: »
    I see cork-Ams cancelled this morning

Seriously? ****ing hell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

.red. wrote: »
    They were all day trips so had no luggage or cargo. Barely any fuel or catering either so the take off weight would have been very low compared to a full flight meaning the runway wasn't much of an issue.
    Most aircraft can land and take off there with low loads.
    I am aware of that.

Seriously? ****ing hell :(

Why? Flights occasionally get cancelled, probably a tech issue. I don't understand the outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Why? Flights occasionally get cancelled, probably a tech issue. I don't understand the outrage.

Ah apologies, I thought the entire route was cancelled! My bad!

Anybody happen to know why this flight from cardiff to cork looks to be going to DUB? https://www.flightradar24.com/BEE1UY/10c06b30 Ryanair plane from STN to ORK just landed so possibly something happened on flight?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

Air France has just announced that they’ll extend their daily Cork to Paris CDG flight starting in May to operate year round. Pretty significant gain for Cork.

https://twitter.com/corkairport/status/976407554128580608?s=21

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 8 RebelCork17

Anybody happen to know why this flight from cardiff to cork looks to be going to DUB? https://www.flightradar24.com/BEE1UY/10c06b30 Ryanair plane from STN to ORK just landed so possibly something happened on flight?

Cardiff - Cork - Cardiff was cancelled due to the weather in the UK I think. This was probably an FR24 glitch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

thomil wrote: »
    Air France has just announced that they’ll extend their daily Cork to Paris CDG flight starting in May to operate year round. Pretty significant gain for Cork.

https://twitter.com/corkairport/status/976407554128580608?s=21
    I wonder is that a good or a bad thing for Aer Lingus ?

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I wonder is that a good or a bad thing for Aer Lingus ?

A bad thing of course, how would it be a good thing?

To be honest I can't see EI continuing through the winter.

• Advertisement

A bad thing of course, how would it be a good thing?

To be honest I can't see EI continuing through the winter.

I guess it depends really on how well they advertise the air France flights. I have a lot of friends who know Ryanair and are lingus and they are generally the only two they look up (besides the translatintic flights, but for European flights they are the only two they know). But yeah, aer lingus will be taking a hit (or air France won't get passengers but seeing as they are making it year round I'm guessing they have seen popularity for the previously announced times?)

Advertisement