Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Deals like that need to be promoted more to help the airprt. Some v good deals for long haul

Have actually emailed and messaged the airport on Facebook letting them know about these kinds of deals that are readily available on tons of dates .. even when booking short notice e.g. over the next two to three weeks...

I haven't seen these flights advertised much at all, and to be honest, I'd consider these kind of flights much more important long-term for the airport, rather than Norwegian.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Its not just the airport that should be pushing them its also travel agents esp the ones in muster like travel fox and even the local papers. Recently on the examiner Amsterdam was the destination of choice on the travel section and in the how to get their section it was Dublin airport no mention of the cork to ams service. Think something similar with Madrid a good while back no mention of thesummer service from cork

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

They should indeed be pushing these European flights over the Norwegian one, or at least equally as much. They are very important to the airports sustainability and is a bit of an over part on their side

• Registered Users Posts: 14 abitofboth

Have been following aviation threads for sometime as a guest user, with Ryanair to introduce Shannon-bristol/Liverpool in the coming days, Im curious to know whether or not people think these will affect corks services?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

abitofboth wrote: »
    Have been following aviation threads for sometime as a guest user, with Ryanair to introduce Shannon-bristol/Liverpool in the coming days, Im curious to know whether or not people think these will affect corks services?

Effect will be minimal, especially on Bristol. The Shannon routes aren't particularly high frequency and are only running for the summer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Effect will be minimal, especially on Bristol. The Shannon routes aren't particularly high frequency and are only running for the summer.
    You cant really compare SNN-BRS to ORK-BRS. 2x Weekly vs 7x Weekly

Shn99 wrote: »
    You cant really compare SNN-BRS to ORK-BRS. 2x Weekly vs 7x Weekly

Thanks, hopefully they stay that way.

Thanks, hopefully they stay that way.

If they don't, I'm afraid that's the way it works. You'd hardly begrudge the Midwest for getting more services?

Not at all, however I would prefer if ORK-BRS remained as it is as my daughter attends the University of Bristol and uses it every second weekend.

Not at all, however I would prefer if ORK-BRS remained as it is as my daughter attends the University of Bristol and uses it every second weekend.
    Again dont worry, as JCX BXC said, it will have a minimal effect unless of course it is expanded

• Advertisement

Looks excellent. Cant be worse than the DAA Executive Lounge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Peggy McBride behind the counter sneering lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

187k for April, up 2.3%. 616k YTD up 2.4%

Some strange plane flew over today at around 2pm , seemed to have 4 engines and a blue tail fin but it wasn't Ryanair. Looked at flightradar and it wasn't appearing. any idea?

Believe it was FAAM Research bae 146 G-LUXE

Believe it was FAAM Research bae 146 G-LUXE

Ah thats it, saw the FA on the tail and couldn't see the rest. Any idea what it does? did it actually land?

Ah thats it, saw the FA on the tail and couldn't see the rest. Any idea what it does? did it actually land?
    Stopped for fuel last night, as to what its for : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Facility_for_Airborne_Atmospheric_Measurements

https://instagram.com/p/Bi5GFxklnnl/

Fancy! Would be great if these were always here!

How are DY/D8 getting on lately?

• Advertisement

AF1095 on approach to Paris CDG after it's inagural flight from Cork.

Full I hope!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Harika

I saw that LaudaMotion is flying from Vienna to Dublin soon. They are now in competition with Lufthansa/Swiss, British Airway/Aer Lingus and Ryanair on this route. Is this a missed opportunity to fly Cork - Vienna as flights to this area from Cork are underdeveloped at best or is Corks traffic and fees still not appealing?

Just saw the air France HOP! Plane flying overhead. Small enough alrighr but great to see more brands in the sky.

• Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭Douglas Eegit

Full I hope!
    I'm at cork airport for other reasons today and they announced the outbound CDG departure is full.

Great today, looked like a full service to AMS, LHR and CDG.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Anybody use the new lounge yet?

Appears ORK-NCL wont be running for the winter

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Appears ORK-NCL wont be running for the winter
    Jet2 were running 737s on this route not too long ago. Surely some amount of viability there.

Advertisement