Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/1032611046664617987

New Cork to Luton route with Ryanair! 6 times a week year round. Seems like Reus has gone to year round too

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

snotboogie wrote: »

New Cork to Luton route with Ryanair! Seems like Girona has gone to year round too

More London? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

New Cork to Luton route with Ryanair! 6 times a week year round. Seems like Girona has gone to year round too

Girona?

Not bookable anyway, and it would be a bizzare destination to go year round imho. The article has a quote which mentions Reus and Bordeaux as winter destinations, while they're clearly not. Quite poor from a head of communications!

I'm surprised at Luton to be honest, not sure what market it's filling! But no harm in it at least.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Girona?

Not bookable anyway, and it would be a bizzare destination to go year round imho. The article has a quote which mentions Reus and Bordeaux as winter destinations, while they're clearly not. Quite poor from a head of communications!

I'm surprised at Luton to be honest, not sure what market it's filling! But no harm in it at least.

Sorry I got mixed up between Girona and Reus, I flew into one and out of the other the last time I was in Barcelona. I assume the article means that they are extending the routes to year round.

Sorry I got mixed up between Girona and Reus, I flew into one and out of the other the last time I was in Barcelona. I assume the article means that they are extending the routes to year round.

They'd be bookable if they were. Bordeaux and Reus would be routes I'd never put as year round. Also I note that Gdansk isn't year round either! (Faro is however). It also mentions 10 winter routes, which would imply no new services other than Luton as there is currently 10 scheduled.

It's a blunder to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

More London? :(

It's for the duty free next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

.red. wrote: »
    It's for the duty free next year.

Sure the drink would be cheaper in Germany regardless of duty free. Berlin please!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Sure the drink would be cheaper in Germany regardless of duty free. Berlin please!

Take a spin back to Kerry for Berlin. No chance of Berlin at Cork while it's serviced from Kerry.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

6 weekly Luton is 117,000 extra seats per year. That accounts for a fair chunk of the growth the airport are predicting

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

marno21 wrote: »
    6 weekly Luton is 117,000 extra seats per year. That accounts for a fair chunk of the growth the airport are predicting

S19 schedule TBA in the next few weeks too so hopefully more growth there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

Just looked for November and Cork currently has

1. 3 x daily to STN
    2. 1 x daily to LGW
    3. 4 x daily to LHR

and now:

4 .1 x daily to LTN

jeez.... that London well covered. Where are they getting all the demand???

Masala wrote: »
    Just looked for November and Cork currently has

1. 3 x daily to STN
    2. 1 x daily to LGW
    3. 4 x daily to LHR

and now:

4 .1 x daily to LTN

jeez.... that London well covered. Where are they getting all the demand???
    FR are planning to introduce connections at STN next year, which may increase traffic on that route considering the lack of European connectivity Cork has.

Perhaps FR are starting LTN to add additional London O&D traffic, LTN perhaps lower yield?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

So you can book the Cork to Luton flights, just not through the flight offers/sale page.

Cork to Luton is later than I'd have use for, but I could see myself using the return flight as an alternative to the chaos of Stansted or the misery of getting an aircoach.

Biggest advantage of this route is that it opens up a lot of EasyJet routes, which I'm having a look at right now.

Screen_Shot_2018_08_25_at_14_30_05.png

Faro can be booked up until March

Neither Reus or Bordeaux go beyond the end of September, so it was either a mistake by their Head of Communications or the website hasn't been updated; neither of which would surprise me.

The Gdansk route doesn't go beyond October, which is odd as it's listed as a year round flight on the Cork Airport site for the past few months.
    So it looks like there won't be anyone coming from Gdansk to see the film, after about the end of October.

So the other quote from that press release:

“To celebrate we are releasing seats for sale from €14.99, which are available for booking until midnight Monday August 27 , for travel from September to January,” Mr Kiely said.

Is a bit of a red herring, as only two of those flights can be booked during those dates.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Massive amount of Wizz Air flights from Luton too: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luton_Airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Massive amount of Wizz Air flights from Luton too: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luton_Airport

Was looking at that myself the other night. Great choice of onwards destinations.. pitty he service wasnt there when i lived 15 mins from the airport :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

CAA UK Stats for July are out (provisional)
    caajuly18CORK.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭Flesh Gorden

On the Ryanair app, there is an option to search flights from Cork to La Rochelle.

No dates can be booked, but they might be doing some pre-announcement tests.

On the Ryanair app, there is an option to search flights from Cork to La Rochelle.

No dates can be booked, but they might be doing some pre-announcement tests.

Ran years ago, was never removed. No new route to La Rochelle, and Ryanair don't do 'pre-announcement tests'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Anyone know the reason helicopters fly around late night in the airport area was asked this question?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

FR to fly to Poznan next summer.

Tiny increase of a few hundred on the July traffic, bit disappointing as the summer was very strong up to that point and July has usually seen the strongest increases of any month. Matches SNN's numbers earlier with the strange decrease in Heathrow, which has been the most robust route right through the worst times, I can't fathom why it's seen such a drop off in the strongest quarter for the airport in nearly a decade? I wonder are AirFrance taking a portion of their transfer traffic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Tiny increase of a few hundred on the July traffic, bit disappointing as the summer was very strong up to that point and July has usually seen the strongest increases of any month. Matches SNN's numbers earlier with the strange decrease in Heathrow, which has been the most robust route right through the worst times, I can't fathom why it's seen such a drop off in the strongest quarter for the airport in nearly a decade? I wonder are AirFrance taking a portion of their transfer traffic?

Air France are hitting them alright I'd say. They can only carry 70ish people but it's over booked a few times a week and at worst about 95% full every day.
    If AF put on an extra flight at 0730/0800ish every day they'd probably fill that too. A large proportion of passengers are transfers and a 1630 departure is no good for morning or afternoon transfers.
    I reckon there will be a 2nd flight by next spring.
    There's also some very good connections with Swiss thru Zurich.

Pozan...id say a few will be reliving the Euros there. A nice weekend break me thinks
    Will be interesting to see heathrow number hold over the next 12 month btween the increased competition in the transfer hubs market and luton

• Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

.red. wrote: »
    Air France are hitting them alright I'd say. They can only carry 70ish people but it's over booked a few times a week and at worst about 95% full every day.
    If AF put on an extra flight at 0730/0800ish every day they'd probably fill that too. A large proportion of passengers are transfers and a 1630 departure is no good for morning or afternoon transfers.
    I reckon there will be a 2nd flight by next spring.
    There's also some very good connections with Swiss thru Zurich.

I travel to Paris quite a bit for work, an early morning (or late evening) flight would be a godsend as it would shave one night off my stay. The afternoon flights mean I don't get meetings in on the day of arrival or departure...

I've flown through Zurich with Swiss a couple of times, the flight was jampacked.

Cork Airport: Routes dictated by demand, not petitions

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Cork-Airport-Routes-dictated-by-demand-not-petitions-100313e3-27df-47d9-afdd-9b571f9a8438-ds

A very sensible realistic article on this. If there was demand for a Rome flight someone would try it.

I got a laugh at this:
    The group says it believes the flights could be in place before the end of the year and intends to send the petition to Aer Lingus, Air France, Air Italy, Alitalia, British Airways, Easyjet, Iberia Airlines, KLM, Norwegian Air, Swiss Airlines, Vueling and Wizzair.

Will be interesting to see the responses they get from some of those, including Alitalia, EasyJet and Wizz Air who have no operations in Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Cork-Airport-Routes-dictated-by-demand-not-petitions-100313e3-27df-47d9-afdd-9b571f9a8438-ds

A very sensible realistic article on this. If there was demand for a Rome flight someone would try it.

I got a laugh at this:

Will be interesting to see the responses they get from some of those, including Alitalia, EasyJet and Wizz Air who have no operations in Ireland

Cork to Rome Flight Committee! :D

A few years back there was a similar campaign by some of the spanish community in cork before the Iberria Madrid route came on. Maybe they are using that as inspiration.

• Advertisement

I got a laugh at this:

There's a woman on the Cork Airport FB group who seems to completely not understand the article.

Common sense is not found on Facebook, or online in general. I have my theories for that but I think it's clear why. On the topic of the article, they may as well send their petition to the pope!

Advertisement