Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

marno21 wrote: »
    Cork Airport: Routes dictated by demand, not petitions

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Cork-Airport-Routes-dictated-by-demand-not-petitions-100313e3-27df-47d9-afdd-9b571f9a8438-ds

A very sensible realistic article on this. If there was demand for a Rome flight someone would try it.

I got a laugh at this:

Will be interesting to see the responses they get from some of those, including Alitalia, EasyJet and Wizz Air who have no operations in Ireland

Tbf a petition is one way to show demand (not a great way really but it is a way)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

titan18 wrote: »
    Tbf a petition is one way to show demand (not a great way really but it is a way)

It's one thing people saying "ah yeah I'd use it" and actually using it, I guarantee that the vast majority of signatures are from people who'd either continue to fly from Dublin, or use it once in a blue moon. Airlines know this too! Look at the Eurowings "vote to fly", the eventual result was only a weekly flight for an immense amount of votes. People vote with their pockets, not with their phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 trik

JCX BXC wrote: »
    There's a woman on the Cork Airport FB group who seems to completely not understand the article.!

Is she the one who comments on every post, complaining about no Rome flight?

trik wrote: »

Don't you know it!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

trik wrote: »

This made me laugh, she probably has never been......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,004 ✭✭✭✭titan18

It's one thing people saying "ah yeah I'd use it" and actually using it, I guarantee that the vast majority of signatures are from people who'd either continue to fly from Dublin, or use it once in a blue moon. Airlines know this too! Look at the Eurowings "vote to fly", the eventual result was only a weekly flight for an immense amount of votes. People vote with their pockets, not with their phones.

True. I can't imagine Rome would get a lot of business flights.

I do think it would do decent business in a May to September period with a flight out Friday morning and back Monday evening or something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

The same lady who gives out abouts having to fly from Dublin to Rome when there are connections via CDG, LHR, AMS ect...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Shn99 wrote: »
    The same lady who gives out abouts having to fly from Dublin to Rome when there are connections via CDG, LHR, AMS ect...

Theres always a few. Still see people complain no madrid flighy and only this week on FB someone complain no flights to Switzerland 😯

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Most people don’t understand that the airport doesn’t start and remove flights, the airlines do. Shame it’s not mentioned more

My latest favourites.

"Dublin gets an expansion yet cork is in need of major investment !"

Cork is in need of investment? Has the terminal magically become unfit for purpose and 50 years old?

"Why don't they put a new runway into cork"

I'd love to counter that with why don't they put a new runway into Valentia, Caherciveen and Finglas while they're at it.

• Advertisement

Just wondering if anybody know when Cork-Reus is returning for summer/ when/ if it will be announced? :) wondering for. 6th year hol haha

Just wondering if anybody know when Cork-Reus is returning for summer/ when/ if it will be announced? :) wondering for. 6th year hol haha

All unknown until ryanair release their summer schedules, anytime from now to next month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Don’t rule out further route announcements from Ryanair either. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

They can drip feed it too. You'll find some canary flights soon and other days added after. You'll find them released soon tho

All unknown until ryanair release their summer schedules, anytime from now to next month.

Great thank you!

Don’t rule out further route announcements from Ryanair either. :)

Rumours of an announcement wed??

Rumours of an announcement wed??

That's Aer Lingus.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Quite aggressive Air France marketing on radio at the minute, both on national (Fly direct from Dublin or Cork) and local radio (Fly direct from Cork). They seem to be mainly pushing connections to Johannesburg, Brazil and Japan.

At least it will should try and help get the airport into the kindset of people and show theres more to the airport than AerLingus and Ryanair

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Being fair, there is a big difference between a direct flight and a connecting flight when your planned journey duration is 2 days or so.

But certainly I'd rather connect via LHR or AMS any day than via Dublin. I've done the Dublin connection twice over the past few months and I found it much more tiring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

that's great but no flight price bargains

Malta..a surprise but should be popular enough. A nice change for a sun holiday direct from cork or a long weekend...think poznan may have to wait a while

kooga wrote: »

Ah here.

Ah here.

Some are never happy.😯 amount of people online complaining its ryanair

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Fantastic stuff. Great new route to have

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

kooga wrote: »

Return flights for €98 not a bargain?

I suppose it's all relative

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Why was Crete disowned by Cork Airport we had a summer flight for donkeys years to Heraklion and vanished albeit a charter flight I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Why was Crete disowned by Cork Airport we had a summer flight for donkeys years to Heraklion and vanished albeit a charter flight I expect.

ah yes I remember that route! It was always a charter flight though no?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Oasis1974 wrote: »

Ya, I think the airport disowned it alright, told the charter company to feck off cos they didn't need their business anymore!

Advertisement