Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

"Traffic management"

Barriers will manage how many cars are allowed on the forecourt at any particular time. But more importantly they are bringing in a maximum free 15 minute stay.

Number Plate Recognition cameras to record the cars at entry and exit. If you stay longer then 15 mins you will have to pay a charge at the exit barrier.

Great news. The amount of times I've gone to collect the other half and I can't get a space because people have just abandoned their cars. I'm delighted that set down or pick up will really mean set down or pick up.

A seemingly knowledgeable poster on PPRune has done an analysis of the 2019 timetable for Aer Lingus form Cork and comes to the conclusion that there is space for a new route flying on Wednesdays and Saturdays. It will be interesting to see what emerges.

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Jlayay

Until Cork gets a new runway capable of supporting widebody longer-range jets like the 777, 787, or Airbus 330, I will be using Aircoach up to Dublin unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Jlayay wrote: »
    Until Cork gets a new runway capable of supporting widebody longer-range jets like the 777, 787, or Airbus 330, I will be using Aircoach up to Dublin unfortunately.

Will you be landing those planes in Cork then?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

A new runway in cork...sure that's no problem

Am sure they'll build one to secure your loyalty and business.

• Advertisement

I have heard through a friend of a friend that the Cork Barcelona flight is going to be extended for 2019. I’ve gone to the AerLingus site but can only get the timetable up to August 2019. Anybody heard anything about this?

revelman wrote: »
    I have heard through a friend of a friend that the Cork Barcelona flight is going to be extended for 2019. I’ve gone to the AerLingus site but can only get the timetable up to August 2019. Anybody heard anything about this?

It's still only September, flights with Aer Lingus are never loaded more than 11months in advance. You'll simply have to wait to find out!

• Registered Users Posts: 46 aisleseat

Looks like EI have increased their flights to Palma from 3 to 4 per week for Summer 19.
    The revised timings are awful though - outbound arriving in PMI at 23:05 with the return getting back into Cork at 01:25.
    From an accommodation point you have a waste on your first nights stay and the horrible hanging around on your day home when invariably you’ll be out of your room from midday. A dose when you have a few smallies with you.

If more opt for the FR timings I can see the EI frequency dropping again

aisleseat wrote: »
    Looks like EI have increased their flights to Palma from 3 to 4 per week for Summer 19.
    The revised timings are awful though - outbound arriving in PMI at 23:05 with the return getting back into Cork at 01:25.
    From an accommodation point you have a waste on your first nights stay and the horrible hanging around on your day home when invariably you’ll be out of your room from midday. A dose when you have a few smallies with you.

If more opt for the FR timings I can see the EI frequency dropping again

Definitely a problem with the kids. But without kids it is actually great. You get a full day without having to pay for that night's accommodation. Hotels are happy to hold bags all day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Anyone know why todays CDG flight with Hop! was cancelled?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Anyone know why todays CDG flight with Hop! was cancelled?

Lack of an aircraft, one flight had to be cancelled and the cork one was picked. Think it was decided a few days ago and transfer passengers were re routed elsewhere. I presume people traveling to Paris were sorted out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Definitely a problem with the kids. But without kids it is actually great. You get a full day without having to pay for that night's accommodation. Hotels are happy to hold bags all day.

Sure you loose the day going out....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Sure you loose the day going out....

Maybe they can tighten it...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/norwegian-air-belfast-new-york-15194208.amp

Norwegian completely gone from Belfast. Edinburgh Transatlantic was completely pulled last week. It seems that Cork has actually done quite well to maintain the summer service. Hopefully it’s a positive for future transatlantic flights to major hubs.

snotboogie wrote: »
    https://www.google.ie/amp/s/www.belfastlive.co.uk/news/belfast-news/norwegian-air-belfast-new-york-15194208.amp

Norwegian completely gone from Belfast. Edinburgh Transatlantic was completely pulled last week. It seems that Cork has actually done quite well to maintain the summer service. Hopefully it’s a positive for future transatlantic flights to major hubs.

I don't want to be too much of a pessimist but I'd add that a big thing in the background was the politics of it. It wouldn't have looked great if have done Norwegian had pulled out of Cork after just one year given the commitments made as part of the initial negotiations to secure transatlantic services. I just hope that moving to summer only isn't a half way house to eventually cutting the service. When I flew over in May, the flight was half empty going over and back. I hope things have picked up since!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

Is that a new flight to Naples I see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Where'd you see that? Would love a trip to Naples!

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭hondabanner

Where'd you see that? Would love a trip to Naples!

Ryanair

Indeed, bookable for July and August 2019.

Santander in Spain is also coming up on the booking engine now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Ryanair really adding the routes to Cork for 2019!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

Yep, Ryanair, twice a week I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Ryanair are really testing the waters for Cork Airport this year. Lets hope it is successful!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

Santander in Spain is also coming up on the booking engine now.

Has for months, was supposed to be a sport charter

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Perfect. It's almost like they're following this thread. :D

Bergamo is now bookable for 2019 but only for July and August.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Bergamo is now bookable for 2019 but only for July and August.

Use that be from may most year

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Why can't you fly in aircraft other than the above 3?

• Advertisement

Anyone know why this evenings LHR flight in and out was cancelled?

Advertisement