Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭Dr. Nick

Same thing many of us are saying.
    I'm looking at a €400/€111 price differential on my chosen flight right now. And it's almost always like this: Cork flights are a cash cow, while the airlines duke it out at low cost for passengers in Dublin.

We're flying to Faro on Oct 27th and we saved €498 for two people going from Cork compared to Dublin. Both flights are Aer Lingus, so not always the case.

Two hours extra to drive for me, but well worth it with a saving like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Dr. Nick wrote: »
    We're flying to Faro on Oct 27th and we saved €498 for two people going from Cork compared to Dublin. Both flights are Aer Lingus, so not always the case.

Yes, it's worth pointing out that I'll obviously only look at Dublin when Cork becomes very expensive, so my experience is certainly skewed and biased as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

totally true.

I mean I managed to fly to Alicante from Cork return for 98euro in September. That was cheaper by 40 compared to Dublin.

Yes, it's worth pointing out that I'll obviously only look at Dublin when Cork becomes very expensive, so my experience is certainly skewed and biased as a result.

Which is exactly what I did when I saw the extortionate Dublin prices, except the other way round :)

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

marno21 wrote: »
    Sorry that should have been lengthen rather than widen. There appears to be a large barren area west of the 07 threshold.

Theres a few houses and farms thats use that road that if 07 was lengthened westward they would need to re-route that road around the extension.

I'm not far from the airport at moment, about a 2 min drive north of Runway 16 and a lot of traffic from the Kinsale area use that road coming and going to work, almost like a rat run, so to speak.

They could extend 16/34 at either end for more length but I dont think the feasibility or demand is there for it, especially without proper long haul flights from Cork.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Cork Airport open 57 years today ! Happy Birthday :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Cork Airport open 57 years today ! Happy Birthday

I have memories of cycling up the airport hill after school on the day it was celebrating 25 years.
    I am getting old.

I haven't used Cork airport in over 10 yeras, assume still easy to get through etc. compared to Dublin? 90 mins before flight ok?

Also wehat's the best deal on parking for one week?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

I haven't used Cork airport in over 10 yeras, assume still easy to get through etc. compared to Dublin? 90 mins before flight ok?

90 should be good, was there at peak summer and there was an announcement saying 'Be here 90 minutes before your flight'! Maybe leave a bit more time, the ryanair desk was awful and they kept bringing late people up rather then opening a newe desk for them. Could have just been peak summer thing but eh.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭J_A_F_A

I always use https://www.corkairparkservices.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

J_A_F_A wrote: »

Yep a great bunch if they still have space (probably will at this time of year).

I'd have thought 90 minutes plenty, too.

My biggest problems/worries are always the traffic: Dunkettle, N40 and Kinsale Road Roundabout. I rarely have significant delays at the baggage drop or security. Whatever else I'll ever complain about, I find it to be a very fast, convenient and stress free experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

J_A_F_A wrote: »

+1. Always use CAPS - nice bunch of guys. 90 mins is loads of time as well unless you're coming at peak traffic / accident hours. It would be rare that it would take more than 5 minutes from front door to the departure lounge (presuming carry on baggage only).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

https://twitter.com/CorkAirport/status/1054687543600537600

Confirmation of what was posted here last month

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

2 new routes with Aer Lingus
    Cork-Dubrovnik 2x weekly starting May 5th 2019 (Tues/Sat)
    Cork-Nice 2x weekly starting May 1st 2019 (Wed/Sun)
    Appears DUS is being replaced by NCE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Shn99 wrote: »
    2 new routes with Aer Lingus
    Cork-Dubrovnik 2x weekly starting May 5th 2019 (Tues/Sat)
    Cork-Nice 2x weekly starting May 1st 2019 (Wed/Sun)
    Appears DUS is being replaced by NCE
    Source? that's fantastic news :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

The EI app & website. Both showing dates & prices but times not loaded yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Brillant news. Great choice for next summer from Cork. Well done all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Shn99 wrote: »
    The EI app & website. Both showing dates & prices but times not loaded yet.

That's great news,thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Hopefully that €142.99 one way is going to be changed, because it is three times more expensive than DUB... As positive as these routes are, the prices need to be sorted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Hopefully that €142.99 one way is going to be changed, because it is three times more expensive than DUB... As positive as these routes are, the prices need to be sorted.

Give it a few days same thing happened with the Lisbon flights when announced and after a week or so they came down.

• Advertisement

I'd be interested in Dubrovnik anyway, buddy got married there 2 years ago and it looked like a great destination.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

GavRedKing wrote: »
    I'd be interested in Dubrovnik anyway, buddy got married there 2 years ago and it looked like a great destination.

price currently shows at €152.99.

currently I have to go Cork > Amsterdam > Dubrovinik which return is 280ish

so this will be great!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

the Dubrovnik flight May - ? Do we know?
    Thanks

kooga wrote: »
    the Dubrovnik flight May - ? Do we know?
    Thanks

Saturday - Tuesday rotation at the moment.

Showing up just over €300 return.

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Saturday - Tuesday rotation at the moment.

Showing up just over €300 return.

My question is when does it stop ? the flight runs from may 2019 to ?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

My question is when does it stop ? the flight runs from may 2019 to ?

September, prices will drop a little but are like Dublin proces.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    September, prices will drop a little but are like Dublin proces.

balls - going the first week of October in 2019 - looks like out through Stansted and back through Gatwick again

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

balls - going the first week of October in 2019 - looks like out through Stansted and back through Gatwick again

Well it will depend on demand but hard to see it beyond 30 Sep.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

Dubrovnik - that's class!

I hope there is a demand now to keep these routes going.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,563 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Some nice new routes.........but I'd wish they'd add Prague. Would have thought there'd be decent demand?

Advertisement