Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

revelman wrote: »
    Cork to Verona now bookable for 2019 on Volotea website. End of May to 31st August.

Theres some extortionate pricing already on certain dates in July. Eye watering

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭Masala

What will happen to cork numbers on a hard Brexit? That some amount of UK passengers in above listing (45%++)..... anyone worried?? Will there be concessions to allow flying between Ireland and U.K. Be the same as now???? Will the airlines have an easy transition.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭Mardyke

TheDriver wrote: »
    Theres some extortionate pricing already on certain dates in July. Eye watering

They appeared a couple of weeks ago and within a couple of hours prices had gone up to 300 or so each way.

They can't have too many cheap seats.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Mardyke wrote: »
    They appeared a couple of weeks ago and within a couple of hours prices had gone up to 300 or so each way.

They can't have too many cheap seats.

Supposedly a low cost airline. Hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 18,275 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Was looking to go on the Verona flight and coming in at c.€1,300 each way for 2 adults and 2 kids. Farcical pricing.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Was looking to go on the Verona flight and coming in at c.€1,300 each way for 2 adults and 2 kids. Farcical pricing.

You're doing ok there.... the dates I wanted are coming in at about 2k for 2 adults and 2 kids.

It's a nuisance. Looking at going through London or Dublin etc. now ....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

Masala wrote: »
    What will happen to cork numbers on a hard Brexit? That some amount of UK passengers in above listing (45%++)..... anyone worried?? Will there be concessions to allow flying between Ireland and U.K. Be the same as now???? Will the airlines have an easy transition.

For connecting flights i can see some people using amsterdam paris and zurich.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭revelman

Any ideas when Swiss Air will be bookable for 2019? Unless I'm dreaming, I thought this was possible some weeks ago but went on there to check a connection but Cork is not up yet. The Cork Airport website says Swiss is returning for 2019.

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Any ideas when Swiss Air will be bookable for 2019? Unless I'm dreaming, I thought this was possible some weeks ago but went on there to check a connection but Cork is not up yet. The Cork Airport website says Swiss is returning for 2019.

It was there about two weeks ago anyway because I booked for May?

I discovered I was using the Swiss version of the site which strangely doesn't seem to have Cork up yet!

Thanks for your post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭kooga

can we expect the cork to Dubrovnik flight to come down in price, at the moment €135 single one way across the board

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭what the hell!

kooga wrote: »
    can we expect the cork to Dubrovnik flight to come down in price, at the moment €135 single one way across the board

Prices seem crazy at the moment. If you want to check in a bag in July its €420 return.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I'd imagine not. That seems about right considering it's a new route. All depends now on the bookings if they are strong.

I'd personally happily pay €270 return direct than €130 through london or Amsterdam

flexcon wrote: »
    I'd imagine not. That seems about right considering it's a new route. All depends now on the bookings if they are strong.

I'd personally happily pay €270 return direct than €130 through london or Amsterdam

not paying that fare x4 - have gone in the past through London

not paying that fare x4 - have gone in the past through London

Oh yeah like if you have a group of friends going then of course, slog it out and do a layover.

I am only reflecting on my own personal feelings to it, I'd pay that rate. If it went above 300, hm, maybe not so much.

take for example the following dates

May18 - May 25

Direct
    Cork to Dubrovinik is €200 return
    Dublin to Dubrovink is €225 return.

in the whole month of May actually Cork direct is cheaper in all cases.

Take July:

20th-27th

Direct
    Cork to Dubrovinik €276.98
    Dublin to Dubrovinik €319

Cheapest is €256 euro via two stops.

At the moment going via London or anywhere else is more expensive.

So actually, so far - Cork is the cheapest ALWAYS in EVERY CASE I can find.

When I was younger I spent years trying to find the cheapest possible fares. It involved very often spending hours in Stansted airport. Over time (and burned by a few delays that ended up meaning I missed flights), I realized that what I was doing was a joke. You are far better off, in my opinion, spending the extra 100 euro on a flight direct from Cork than going via anywhere else. I think we are always drawn in my the headline fare of the cost of the flight but if people kept an actual record of what they spend in going to Dublin/London, waiting around these airports etc, I think they would be surprised what they spend overall.

Thank you

When I was younger I spent years trying to find the cheapest possible fares. It involved very often spending hours in Stansted airport. Over time (and burned by a few delays that ended up meaning I missed flights), I realized that what I was doing was a joke. You are far better off, in my opinion, spending the extra 100 euro on a flight direct from Cork than going via anywhere else. I think we are always drawn in my the headline fare of the cost of the flight but if people kept an actual record of what they spend in going to Dublin/London, waiting around these airports etc, I think they would be surprised what they spend overall.

Would you pay 1300 instead of 500 to avoid going through London or Amsterdam?

Mardyke wrote: »
    Would you pay 1300 instead of 500 to avoid going through London or Amsterdam?

I was referring to situations where the difference in cost was just 100 euro, which seemed to be the context of the discussion above. Obviously, if there is a 700 euro difference, I'd go with the cheaper alternative.

I'm not saying I always go from Cork. Unfortunately, despite our best intentions, we will all have to fly from Dublin etc at times. But when the price difference is marginal, I try not to get too swayed by the headline price and I think about the advantages of flying from Cork.

I hope this answers your question. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

I woldnt give Ryanair/Aer lingus the satisfaction of the extra 100 euro. I find I generally save e200 return by getting the aircoach to dublin rather than flying anywhere from cork airport. Apart from the flights to stansed and Gatwick, Cork airport is completely useless and I will continue to vote with my feet and give my money to aircoach and fly from Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

I woldnt give Ryanair/Aer lingus the satisfaction of the extra 100 euro. I find I generally save e200 return by getting the aircoach to dublin rather than flying anywhere from cork airport. Apart from the flights to stansed and Gatwick, Cork airport is completely useless and I will continue to vote with my feet and give my money to aircoach and fly from Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭purpleisafruit

fuzzyduck4 wrote: »
    Spending 3 hours travelling each way to Dublin, add in the queues in Dublin airport and I'll choose Cork every time but I place a higher value on my time.

fuzzyduck4 wrote: »

Its a good point.

I am a frequent traveller. Often 8 or 9 times a year.

It's rarely that much cheaper. 200 cheaper pp is VERY rare and not the norm. In most cases you fly from Dublin as there isn't any flight from Cork.

Of course though, if we get some examples that might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Saw a bigger looking HOP! Plane flying over earlier, are they after changing to the bigger ones already or are my eyes deceiving me?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Saw a bigger looking HOP! Plane flying over earlier, are they after changing to the bigger ones already or are my eyes deceiving me?

No deception. Upgraded from an E170 to an E190

so the aer lingus cork - Dubrovnik flights end on the last Saturday in September - so i'm good going out on sat the 28th the return a week later will be either via London or to Dublin

at the moment 2 adults and children with aerlingus €1,099 - out from cork return to dublin

so the aer lingus cork - Dubrovnik flights end on the last Saturday in September - so i'm good going out on sat the 28th the return a week later will be either via London or to Dublin

at the moment 2 adults and children with aerlingus €1,099

That's pretty good! €135euro one way pp. Looked on sky scanner and thats the cheapest out to Dubrovnik!

Good deal!

In fact that's cheaper by €30 than going from Dublin direct on the same direct flight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

at the moment 2 adults and children with aerlingus €1,099 - out from cork return to dublin

I'll collect you from DUB for €200.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

I'll collect you from DUB for €200.

That's a bargain! Buddy had to get a taxi to Dub recently due to sleeping in lol and it was €400.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,088 ✭✭✭Reputable Rog

That's a bargain! Buddy had to get a taxi to Dub recently due to sleeping in lol and it was €400.

Per person, luggage extra.

Advertisement