Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

This is interesting:

From March 31st 2019, the carrier is changing from AF to City Jet and the time changes to 11:40 from 16:45

Screen-Shot-2018-11-30-at-14-28-54.png

Similar sized aircraft to the 190 AF have recently upgraded the ORK-CDG route

The Aer Lingus flight is at 12:40, which is the one I'd take as it only costs about €40, if booked far enough in advance.
    I've only used the AF CDG flight the one time that I had to.

If the AF/City Jet flight was a 6-7am flight I wouldn't mind paying that bit extra, but I suppose their primary market are the connecting flights out of CDG.

I suspect it will be a similar arrangement to the one with Aer Lingus from Dub to LCY. Travelled on it yesterday and the aircraft are branded EI but the crew announce it over the tannoy as an Aer Lingus flight operated by cityjet aircraft and crew. It was an odd announcement, but must be part of the deal between them. As far as I know, Cityjet operates wet-lease services on behalf of Aer Lingus, Air France etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭Shn99

EI713/4 dropped for S19

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Shn99 wrote: »
    EI713/4 dropped for S19

That's a disappointment. Bigger drop than the gain AF is providing, along with te reduction in London O&D frequency

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

EI713/4 dropped for S19

Cork-Heathrow??

snotboogie wrote: »
    Cork-Heathrow??

Yes, apologies shouldve been more clearer.

• Advertisement

Yes, apologies shouldve been more clearer.

Frequency dropped? How much?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Frequency dropped? How much?

5 daily to 4 daily. It's the 713/714 afternoon rotation dropped

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭roundymac

A lot of competition on the London routes, 4 in total once Luton starts up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

roundymac wrote: »
    A lot of competition on the London routes, 4 in total once Luton starts up.

Luton is running about a month now. The loads are up and down with it.

.red. wrote: »
    Luton is running about a month now. The loads are up and down with it.
    Needs time to mature, was only put on sale a month or 2 before it started

• Advertisement

Trying to book Lisbon for next summer and there are no dates available at all :?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Trying to book Lisbon for next summer and there are no dates available at all :?

I've literally just booked for July 2019, Saturday & Tuesday flights

• Registered Users Posts: 10,710 ✭✭✭✭Jamie2k9

The extra LHR flights never did well from Cork, been moved to Belfast for the 3 months they operated.

Jamie2k9 wrote: »
    The extra LHR flights never did well from Cork, been moved to Belfast for the 3 months they operated.

Poor timing with AF adding significant competition on the transfer routes

Cork Airport expects 149,000 festive passengers

The airport are saying 2.4 million+ pax for 2018, about 4-5% growth and 2.6 million for next year, a further 7% growth. You'd have to think the 2018 numbers are right but those are big predictions for 2019, especially after losing the Heathrow pax, I'm not sure that they currently have the capacity to make that up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Poor timing with AF adding significant competition on the transfer routes

Cork Airport expects 149,000 festive passengers

The airport are saying 2.4 million+ pax for 2018, about 4-5% growth and 2.6 million for next year, a further 7% growth. You'd have to think the 2018 numbers are right but those are big predictions for 2019, especially after losing the Heathrow pax, I'm not sure that they currently have the capacity to make that up.

unless more flights are incoming that we don't yet know about possibly, doubtful but we were wondering this when they announced the amount of seats the hope to fill during the summer too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭flexcon

I see Ryanair now fly to Alicante from April through to October this year! That’s a massive change for them since last year it was only June and July!!

Glad to hear it as always thought that route should do good even through winter!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Booked Dubrovnik from Cork last week of May with aer Lingus.
    €300 return for two. Very happy with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Booked Barcelona with aerlingus for 153 return (no bag) during their sale for the middle of july. Great price

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    Booked Dubrovnik from Cork last week of May with aer Lingus.
    €300 return for two. Very happy with that!

Same here! Got it few weeks ago at 260. Delighted as normally have to fly to amsterdam or london.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭thomil

Is it just me, or has the Air France flight gone back to Hop! for the spring? Can‘t seem to find any trace of Cityjet on the Air France booking site anymore, despite checking several dates.

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

Air France cut 2 flights per week between now and April, mainly Tuesday/Wednesdays with some Thursdays.

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Air France cut 2 flights per week between now and April, mainly Tuesday/Wednesdays with some Thursdays.
    Any reason in particular or just low bookings? Seems odd to drop the extra flights at such short notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

marno21 wrote: »
    Any reason in particular or just low bookings? Seems odd to drop the extra flights at such short notice.

That was announced about 2 months ago.
    Probably down to a lack of aircraft to run the route. The flight is almost full pretty much every day so it's not down to passenger numbers.

.red. wrote: »
    That was announced about 2 months ago.
    Probably down to a lack of aircraft to run the route. The flight is almost full pretty much every day so it's not down to passenger numbers.

Apologies yes I had that forgotten. Good to hear about the loads

I'd be interested to see how much of that traffic goes to Cork, especially with LHR at 4 in that list and ORK-LHR-SFO being doable on EI/United

https://twitter.com/LAflyr/status/1083787010186260480

If I was running Shenzhen airport that would make my blood boil, I'd say most of the Shanghai business is transferring there and most of the HK traffic terminates in SZ too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭cantalach

If I was running Shenzhen airport that would make my blood boil, I'd say most of the Shanghai business is transferring there and most of the HK traffic terminates in SZ too.

Unless something has changed in the two years since I travelled to Shenzhen, it isn't served from any European hub. Besides, the car journey from HKG to central Shenzhen (whatever that means) was around 60 mins, so no real advantage flying to Shenzhen direct, apart perhaps from avoiding the hideous land border.

cantalach wrote: »
    Unless something has changed in the two years since I travelled to Shenzhen, it isn't served from any European hub. Besides, the car journey from HKG to central Shenzhen (whatever that means) was around 60 mins, so no real advantage flying to Shenzhen direct, apart perhaps from avoiding the hideous land border.

They have a few with Hainan; CDG, Brussels, Madrid. Terrible links to the US though. I think you answered your own question why HK is an issue but we digress...

Is anyone here in know how, or have info on take off flight path for Cork - or even how it works.

I'm right in the city Centre and have noticed over the past few days flights are taking off and swinging right immediately over the city, rather than going outwards over say - HollyHill. The reason I've noticed is I've awoken from sleep due to the noise.

I have checked Flight radar and they are def swinging right more aggressively. Can the weather affect the sounds also?

Just very curious why I am noticing this the past few days.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Why isn't there a billboard advertisement, such as a Route map for Cork Airport on the road outside the airport, or on the access roads to the city to promote the airport???

Why is Cork Airport so badly marketed!?!

(answers on a postcard please, or call the Dublin Airport Authority to speak to the management of Cork Airport)

Advertisement