Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Airport - *Read Mod Note in First Post Before Posting*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭lisasimpson

I despise those that don't even check Cork flights, instead just booking straight away from Dublin. Its such a waste of time going up and back. The worst part is the journey on the bus back after coming home from your holiday. It's so much better arriving home to Cork Airport and being at home in no time.

It's a bit like those who think if it's not with Ryanair or Aerlingus then you cant get their from Cork directly. 2 years ago went on a girlie weekend to Madrid and the amount of people at work who were amazed when I said no flying from Cork
    The thing that annoys me the most is when a new destination and people whinge o its Ryanair...I've flown with worse airlines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭vetinari

I still don't get people's issues with transferring in Heathrow for us flights?.

I covered this a few pages back you can nearly get cheaper flights via Cork then flying via Dublin and Cork Airport to me is the best airport to be flying out of in Ireland give me it any day of the week over Dublin Airport!!.

I fly about 10 times a year and nearly all out of Cork Airport and I have not a bad word to say about the airport.

I live in Boston and to be fair, connecting via Heathrow is a bit of a dose as well. You overfly Ireland on the way back and are then hanging around the airport for a few hours. Landing in Dublin and getting the bus is probably easier imo. Coming back though, it can be easier at times to not have to do preclearance as it adds on time in terms of calculating how soon you need to be at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

We fly to Malaga every year from Cork, very handy as we live in Dungarvan.
    This year we are going from Dublin, the price out of Cork is crazy, €680 out of Cork (Aer Lingus, Ryanair don't fly there on a Saturday) vs €367 out of Dublin (Ryanair).
    Couldn't justify it. Not blaming the airport, it obviously an Aer Lingus issue.
    It's a pity as Cork is so convenient.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Looks like Air France have gone for the Winter.

Not bookable past October on their website

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

marno21 wrote: »
    Looks like Air France have gone for the Winter.

Not bookable past October on their website

Hardly? The route has been a fantastic success.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,685 ✭✭✭SleetAndSnow

Possible they've just not yet announced winter flights?... Hopefully :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

How long has there been a number plate scanning charge system in the set down area?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭Rebelbrowser

Roanmore wrote: »
    We fly to Malaga every year from Cork, very handy as we live in Dungarvan.
    This year we are going from Dublin, the price out of Cork is crazy, €680 out of Cork (Aer Lingus, Ryanair don't fly there on a Saturday) vs €367 out of Dublin (Ryanair).
    Couldn't justify it. Not blaming the airport, it obviously an Aer Lingus issue.
    It's a pity as Cork is so convenient.

Skiing is the same. Cork only has Saturday to Saturday flights out of Munich and Zurich (I think). But compare prices even on those dates with their Dublin equivalents and there is no choice but to go out of Dublin (unless you are so minted such that saving €500+ on a family is something you can ignore).

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

Balmed Out wrote: »
    How long has there been a number plate scanning charge system in the set down area?

Last 2 weeks I think.

Saw some passenger figures for the last quarter of 2018. Lisbon looks to have gotten off to a good start. Hopefully it continues. A lot of the new summer routes should be starting or have started so hopefully they are a success too

• Advertisement

Came back from Nice a few days ago on the new Cork flight. Pretty much full, loads of French on board too so should be great for inbound tourism also.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,409 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Frankfurt, Berlin, Brussels and New York are the most wanted routes out of Cork

Interesting analysis here

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/business/firms-want-frankfurt-nyc-routes-from-cork-airport-922267.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭It wasnt me123

I'm going to Tenerife in October but no flights out of Cork on the dates I wanted and Shannon don't fly there. I have to fly out of Dublin - well annoyed. I can get there with Kavanaghs bus but the last bus will be gone when I get in and I have to wait 5 hours to get home.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,173 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

I'm going to Tenerife in October but no flights out of Cork on the dates I wanted and Shannon don't fly there. I have to fly out of Dublin - well annoyed. I can get there with Kavanaghs bus but the last bus will be gone when I get in and I have to wait 5 hours to get home.

Ryanair fly to Tenerife year round from Shannon?

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Ryanair fly to Tenerife year round from Shannon?

Yes, one day a week - so out on a thursday back on a thursday or in Nov out on a saturday back on a saturday.

I'm meeting up with friends from the UK there and we are only there for 4 nights. Just not flexible enough.

Flights out of the south of the country are very limited outside peak times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Came back from Nice a few days ago on the new Cork flight. Pretty much full, loads of French on board too so should be great for inbound tourism also.
    Fairly decent crowd on the flight out of Cork too.
    This service is great,instead of nearly a 10 hour commute from Nice to Cork with connecting flights ,hanging around airports,I get get home in just under 5 hours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 542 ✭✭✭Nemanrio

Go via a london airport. Then check easyjet if ryanair don't suit

Nemanrio wrote: »
    Go via a london airport. Then check easyjet if ryanair don't suit

I tried that but cheaper to go from Dublin but a pain to get there. I can get JJ Kavanaghs bus there, but back is an issue due to times - I can't even book a return on JJ Kavanaghs as I have to come back to Kilkenny not Clonmel - jaysus, we can put men on the moon, travelling to Tenerife for 5 days shouldn't be so difficult.

French air traffic control have gone on strike this evening til friday so expect delays in France.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Gamb!t wrote: »
    French air traffic control have gone on strike this evening til friday so expect delays in France.

I presume that will affect traffic through French airspace - i.e Ireland to Spain ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Odd post, no reply as to whether its permanent

Please note: The Cork Airport App will not be available from May 14. For Flight information and more, visit http://www.corkairport.com.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Odd post, no reply as to whether its permanent

Please note: The Cork Airport App will not be available from May 14. For Flight information and more, visit http://www.corkairport.com.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
    Hopefully they're starting from scratch with it. It's not great as it is.

I presume that will affect traffic through French airspace - i.e Ireland to Spain ?
    Not sure to be honest,Marseille will bear the brunt of the strike they said so maybe just in bound flights to France.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Dbu

• Registered Users Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭snotboogie

Dbu wrote: »

This year.... Which is to be expected given the difficulty with the max

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Dbu

snotboogie wrote: »
    This year.... Which is to be expected given the difficulty with the max

"They said that the airline said that it is still assessing its plans for 2020".

Wouldn't be hugely optimistic

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

The government is giving regional airports €14m including 5m for Waterford to extend their runway. Good for them but is it sustainable for Munster to have four airports.

https://www.irishtimes.com/business/transport-and-tourism/regional-airports-to-get-almost-14m-in-taxpayer-funding-1.3922125

• Registered Users Posts: 6,545 ✭✭✭kub

Dbu wrote: »
    "They said that the airline said that it is still assessing its plans for 2020".

Wouldn't be hugely optimistic

In winter time when all is quite in the Northern hemisphere in the airline business, it is then that they plan their next Summer schedule.

So nothing strange at all in that article and neither did Norwegian come out and say they have given up on this route.

If they do, that is their loss as looking at their passenger figures from last year there is definitely a business case for a T/A service out of Cork, if they can get those numbers to an airport with limited connections then surely it would be better again to one of the major East coast ones.

Whilst I am not optimistic about Aer Lingus ever operating a T/A from Cork with those new A321's, I wonder about JetBlue and their future intentions for European routes.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

PSO route from Cork to Dublin please, a few ATRs perhaps, so that Cork can tap into Dublins connecting market.

• Advertisement

any word on how the new and summer routes are doing in their 1st few weeks?

Advertisement