Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

“Rafael Benitez appointed manager of Chinese Super League club Dalian Yifang on £12m-a-year contract“

Th€r€ mu$t b€ $om€ rea$on h€’d go to China. Can’t figur€ out what it i$ though.
    Give him half that and he might come to Scotland. Family have always been settled in the UK. He's worked for a club owned by Mike Ashley

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Give him half that and he might come to Scotland. Family have always been settled in the UK. He's worked for a club owned by Mike Ashley

£6m a year after tax for a manager in Scotland?? Seek help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

How much was the rat on?

Carroller wrote: »
    How much was the rat on?

£2.3m before tax.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Carroller wrote: »
    How much was the rat on?
    Thanked this. Love how we all know who you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Looks like Fraser Forster is coming back to Celtic on a season long loan from Southampton. Makes sense as a low risk move because if he can get anywhere near the form he showed when he was with us before that would be a huge boost to the team for this season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

“Rafael Benitez appointed manager of Chinese Super League club Dalian Yifang on £12m-a-year contract“

Th€r€ mu$t b€ $om€ rea$on h€’d go to China. Can’t figur€ out what it i$ though.

CL qualification would pay that back a few times over. That failure to appoint a capable manager is on Lawwel.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    CL qualification would pay that back a few times over. That failure to appoint a capable manager is on Lawwel.

CL qualification would pay £22.5m a few times over?? And what if he missed qualification one or even more of the seasons?? Where would the £22.5m come from in those years??

You didn’t used to work in the Rangers accounts dept, did you??

2 nil up tonight. Maybe one more will seal the tie. Clean sheet is vital.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

2 nil up tonight. Maybe one more will seal the tie. Clean sheet is vital.

Edouard's free kick was brilliant, reminded me of a Naka special.

AIK are poor, but Celtic have played well in fairness.

Happy to see Forster back also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Good result, a 3rd would've ended the tie but we should be too strong for them next week.

Great free kick from Edouard and thought Boli was better tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Much better performance tonight

Forrest 1-0
    https://streamable.com/n0s53

Edouard 2-0
    https://streamable.com/4ckl9

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Good result and performance, job half done.

Positives - Boli looked creative going forward.
    Negatives - Boli looked frightening going back

On to Hearts on Sunday, 5-0 please Neil. Always enjoy hammering them at home.

image0.jpg?width=512&height=684

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

https://youtu.be/pqhuncSAXks

Henrik on what i wore this week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Delighted with that last night. Hopefully gets things back on track. The exit to AEK last season caused a hangover that lasted months, can't afford that this season.

Good to see Forster back another two or three signings before the window closes will help us to kick on.

Really good performance last night not just the win which obviously was good too but thought the performance overall was very good. Very solid at the back with Julian playing well and Bolingoli having a decent game except for one bad pass in the second half that Simunovic bailed him out on. The energy levels and quality of both Ajer and Christie right now is just a joy to watch as was Edouards free kick. Would have been nice to kill the tie off completely last night with a third goal but you have to give their keeper credit he was very good for them. Not a done deal yet but that was a good performance and the clean sheet really puts us in the driving seat heading into the second leg.

Forster and Bayo starting, Edouard is benched which is probably a good option.

Would slightly concerned for McGregor, could probably do with resting him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1165606699715235840

Forster and Bayo starting, Edouard is benched which is probably a good option.

Would slightly concerned for McGregor, could probably do with resting him.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CelticFC/status/1165606699715235840

Necessary changes with 2 big games coming up, hopefully the players coming in can step up

Keep going for the 5!!

• Advertisement

Good win although Brown giving away another penalty is a concern

1-0 Bayo
    https://streamable.com/rglqn

2-0 McGregor
    https://streamable.com/ombov

3-0 Bayo
    https://streamable.com/atya4

Solid performance and comfortable win. Never in doubt really although clearly both in the team selection and in the game management it was clear we had one eye on Thursday night as well. Ajer once again was outstanding. Julian is starting to look the part and played very well I though also. Nice to see big Fraser Forester back in goals too. Made sense why he went straight into the team as he was not registered in time for the AIK tie so Gordon is the only fit senior keeper we have for Thursday night and certainly made sense not to risk him on Sunday.

eire4 wrote: »
    Solid performance and comfortable win. Never in doubt really although clearly both in the team selection and in the game management it was clear we had one eye on Thursday night as well. Ajer once again was outstanding. Julian is starting to look the part and played very well I though also. Nice to see big Fraser Forester back in goals too. Made sense why he went straight into the team as he was not registered in time for the AIK tie so Gordon is the only fit senior keeper we have for Thursday night and certainly made sense not to risk him on Sunday.

I think Fraser Forster will be first pick as the season progresses and rightly so although hopefully he's over his own injury issues. He would have saved that penalty v Cluj if he was in goals that night.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I think Fraser Forster will be first pick as the season progresses and rightly so although hopefully he's over his own injury issues. He would have saved that penalty v Cluj if he was in goals that night.

He said he is back to full fitness so its really just about match sharpness with Forster right now. But I agree with you he will very quickly be our starting keeper this season and if he plays anywhere near his best that will be a massive boost for us as a team. I believe we have an option to buy as well so hopefully we exercise that and Forster is our keeper not just for this season but going forward for the next at least 3-4 years. That would be the keeper situation sorted in a very positive way.

Perreira, Man U youngster, was at the Hearts game. He’d be a great signing. I’d imagine it would be on loan. He’s a great prospect.

Perreira, Man U youngster, was at the Hearts game. He’d be a great signing. I’d imagine it would be on loan. He’s a great prospect.
    Unfortunately I think his best mate was playing in goal for Hearts.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately I think his best mate was playing in goal for Hearts.

I was thinking it was a bit strange, he’s fairly close to the first team at United.

Right back, Moritz Bauer signs for season-long loan from Stoke. Must be as back up.

Not exactly what we’re looking for but a couple of days of the window still to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Right back, Moritz Bauer signs for season-long loan from Stoke. Must be as back up.

Not exactly what we’re looking for but a couple of days of the window still to go.

Doesnt say much for the reserves, youth setup, the scouting department or the ambition of the board

There is an option to buy on the Moritz Bauer loan deal so I am fine with that. If he does well great then we can make the deal permanent if not then it was just one season. I would not be surprised now if we see Anthony Ralston sold before the end of this window as clearly he is not going to play.

Making heavy work of this tonight but looks like the tie is closed off.

• Advertisement

4-1 away from home against the Swedish Champions (although they look poor). Not a bad bit of work from Lenny and the lads.

Hopefully Eddy and Ajer are okay.

Didn't see the game but great result, hopefully Edouard & Ajer are ok.

Also hopefully a couple of signings in before the window closes

Brilliant result tonight. Draw to look forward to tomorrow and hopefully 2 or 3 more signings before the window closes to bolster the defence.

RoryMac wrote: »

I think Edouard is ok for Sunday. Ajer is a bigger doubt

TheCitizen wrote: »
    I think Edouard is ok for Sunday. Ajer is a bigger doubt

Yeah looks that way, Ajer is such an important player for us now, missing him on Sunday would be a big loss

Lazio
    Celtic
    Rennes
    Cluj

Not too bad in my opinion. We can get out of that. Nice to have the chance of revenge on Cluj. Suspect we’ll be kicking ourselves for getting beat by them in the first place.

Not too bad for travel either, could have got some really far teams

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Yeah happy enough with that group. Would love revenge on Cluj, 4 points or more off them would be great.

Maybe it's just me being negative but that looks a tough enough group

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Mr.Maroon

I'm the same.
    Lazio won the Coppa last season and Rennes have already beaten PSG in Lique 1 this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Happy enough with the group.

Should pump Cluj home and away. Fancy our chances against Rennes and then Lazio will be exciting.

Team for Sunday?

Lenny said Ajer might be fit for tomorrow but presuming he isn't are we will to throw Bauer straight in?

Forster

Bitton/Bauer Jullien Jozo Boli

Brown Ntcham

Forrest McGregor Christie

Eddy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Thats a tough group all things considered, no easy game there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The_Fitz wrote: »
    Happy enough with the group.

Should pump Cluj home and away. Fancy our chances against Rennes and then Lazio will be exciting.

Team for Sunday?

Lenny said Ajer might be fit for tomorrow but presuming he isn't are we will to throw Bauer straight in?

Forster

Bitton/Bauer Jullien Jozo Boli

Brown Ntcham

Forrest McGregor Christie

Eddy
    Er do you have a very short term memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

gmisk wrote: »

No.

Cluj were awful. We were atrocious.

I have faith that we are far superior to them and will pump them.

That saying, I also had faith before the match a few weeks ago.

gmisk wrote: »

Celtic were dreadful to throw away the tie on three occasions, I cannot see Celtic being as bad again (but you never know!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The_Fitz wrote: »
    No.

Cluj were awful. We were atrocious.

I have faith that we are far superior to them and will pump them.

That saying, I also had faith before the match a few weeks ago.
    I think saying we "will pump them" is bizarre when recent evidence supposes the opposite..I have no doubt Celtic should be well capable of getting 6 points against them but it is definitely not a given.

Think we'll take 6 points from Cluj which will illustrate further the folly from Lawwell and the board to not get business done earlier in the window to give the defenders we bought a chance to bed in and the manager a better chance to decide on his best line up.

The other two in the Group are good sides, we'll do very well to finish top two in the Group, but hopefully with a more settled defence and better options for Lenny by then we've every chance of qualifying.

Lazio
    Celtic
    Rennes
    Cluj

Not too bad in my opinion. We can get out of that. Nice to have the chance of revenge on Cluj. Suspect we’ll be kicking ourselves for getting beat by them in the first place.

I think the key to us getting through will be beating Cluj home and away. It is a very similar group to last season very balanced with every game a tough one. The home and away wins over Rosenborg were key last year so if we can do the same against Cluj then we will have a shot at getting out of the group.

No your not being negative there. That is a very tough group. Like last year we will be doing very well if we get out of that group.

• Advertisement

Good performance overall especially in the second half. Julian continues to improve at the back and the goal he got should only help his confidence. Christie, Forrest Johnstone and Edouard up top were superb all night and we look a real force in the attacking third right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement