Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

It is a tough group, why would any of them fear Celtic??

Europa League might be the 2nd tier but everyone should be respected

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Right so apparently we have a game tomorrow.

Couldn't have asked for a better result last Thursday, good to keep the momentum going up to as close as possible to the game.

This one was in the back of my mind over the past few weeks. Rangers have definitely improved since last season but I watched their game against Legia last week and it was a mediocre performance at best.

The reduced away ticket allocation will always have a big impact on these games I think.

We'll score alright but I'd take a draw now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Right so apparently we have a game tomorrow.

Couldn't have asked for a better result last Thursday, good to keep the momentum going up to as close as possible to the game.

This one was in the back of my mind over the past few weeks. Rangers have definitely improved since last season but I watched their game against Legia last week and it was a mediocre performance at best.

The reduced away ticket allocation will always have a big impact on these games I think.

We'll score alright but I'd take a draw now.

This Celtic side have won every single domestic trophy available over the last 3 years and have significantly more quality than any other side in the league.

Granted it's a derby, but anything less than a win at Ibrox is a bad result for Celtic, more so given the potential to be trailing in the league

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I think a win for us tomorrow would really take the wind out of Rangers sails but it's gonna be tough. I think they're stronger than last year and have closed the gap a bit although I think we're still a bit ahead when everyone is fit.

A win would be great but I'd be happy enough with a draw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

RoryMac wrote: »
    I think a win for us tomorrow would really take the wind out of Rangers sails but it's gonna be tough. I think they're stronger than last year and have closed the gap a bit although I think we're still a bit ahead when everyone is fit.

A win would be great but I'd be happy enough with a draw

It’ll be a walk in the park. Rangers are a poor side. They haven’t really strengthened, don’t believe the press. 3-0 Celtic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Journalist predictions for tomorrow:

I believe a poster from here is one of the journos below.

MICHAEL GANNON
    Strap on the seatbelts, this could be a cracker. Celtic’s injury hit back like will be stretched to the limit by Rangers’ on form attack.

But the Parkhead side’s firepower means the game could be a classic.

Rangers 3 Celtic 2

GAVIN BERRY
    Home advantage has proved crucial since away ticket allocations have been slashed and with little between the sides that can be enough to see Rangers edge it.

Rangers 2 Celtic 1

GARY RALSTON
    Rangers will take advantage of Ibrox and the feel good factor around the team following qualification for the group stage of the Europa League.

Rangers 2 Celtic 1

0_Europa-League-Playoffs-Second-Leg-Rangers-v-Legia-Warsaw.jpg
    (Image: Action Images via Reuters)

CRAIG SWAN
    This could be an absolute corker. Both sides have goals in them and a high scoring thriller is very possible.

Rangers 2-2 Celtic

Celtic FC News

Celtic improvements detailed

Lennon hits back over Edouard call

LIVE Celtic transfer blog

DAVID McCARTHY
    Rangers have the bit between their teeth, are strong defensively and will have the backing of all but 800 Celtic fans.

They can put down a marker by winning the game.

Rangers 2 Celtic 0

0_19225635.jpg
    (Image: SNS Group)

EUAN McLEAN
    Rangers have momentum and home advantage but it would be folly for their fans to underestimate a Celtic side accustomed to winning this derby. It’ll be tight but Gers might just edge it.

Rangers 2 Celtic 1

TONY HAGGERTY
    No quarter will be asked for or given and neither side will want to concede ground in the Premiership title race.

It could all come down to whose middle to front functions better although the Hoops still look suspect at the back but I reckon we are in for a four goal thriller with honours even.

Rangers 2 Celtic 2

1_JS182180757.jpg
    (Image: SNS)

Liam Bryce
    Much has been made of Rangers being favourites but this is a Celtic side who have always responded domestically to any questions asked of them.

It'll be tight but they might just edge it.

Rangers 1 Celtic 2

Mark McDougall
    When Rangers are in full flow at Ibrox very few teams can deal with them and that’s going to be how Steven Gerrard’s side are on Sunday.

With Celtic’s defence in a bit of a makeshift state, Alfredo Morelos should have a field day.

As much as Celtic are good going forward, Rangers built on a more solid defence and that will be the big difference. Comfortable Rangers win.

Rangers 4 Celtic 0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Mark McDougall
    When Rangers are in full flow at Ibrox very few teams can deal with them and that’s going to be how Steven Gerrard’s side are on Sunday.

With Celtic’s defence in a bit of a makeshift state, Alfredo Morelos should have a field day.

As much as Celtic are good going forward, Rangers built on a more solid defence and that will be the big difference. Comfortable Rangers win.

Rangers 4 Celtic 0
    Hahahaha. Sack this cnut!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Mark McDougall

Rangers 4 Celtic 0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Will the events in glasgow on fri night cause this to be even more hate-filled that usual from the fans? Id imagine the secterian goading will go into overdrive...

retalivity wrote: »
    Will the events in glasgow on fri night cause this to be even more hate-filled that usual from the fans? Id imagine the secterian goading will go into overdrive...

They shouldn't.

With the recent UEFA action, and Rangers decision to not take their allocation for the next european away tie, the spotlight will firmly be on fan behaviour this weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

The one who predicts Morelos to have a field day must not have seen a whole lot of football in the last 12 months

It’ll be a walk in the park. Rangers are a poor side. They haven’t really strengthened, don’t believe the press. 3-0 Celtic.

I would love this to happen.

Blind faith and all that...

The one who predicts Morelos to have a field day must not have seen a whole lot of football in the last 12 months

I'd be more concerned with Defoe than Morelos.

But they need to keep their £25m+ man in the shop window as long as they can, that bid is due any minute now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

He’s the one that posts here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

He’s the one that posts here...

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Had he a bet on rangers first throw in or what.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Someone had a bet on throw in for Rangers

Get in there!!! Great pass by Johnston and run & finish by Edouard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Eddy, 0-1. Composed finish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Terrible tackle, red card all day long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Strumms wrote: »
    Terrible tackle, red card all day long.

Bobby Broxi Maddon....will be a yellow....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

That was filthy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Knew what he was doing there, nasty.

Wtf, high boot and not even a freee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Terrible calls by Madden, Jack should be off for that nasty tackle

0-1 Edouard

https://streamable.com/djfdy

Terrible calls by Madden, Jack should be off for that nasty tackle

In fairness, that was pure violence that red should have been issued with a five game ban, studs into the chest lying on the ground, dirty cûnt.

Decent 1st half from Celtic, not in full flow but controlling midfield pretty well. Was worried with Johnston in the team, he's looked a bit nervous in previous games against Rangers but not today.

Christie and Bitton doing well too, if we can get Forrest into the game more we can get a few goals 2nd half. Bolingoli has done well too apart from one shocking pass that was intercepted

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Good first half from Celtic, haven't been bullied in midfield unlike the two previous visits to Ibrox. Would like to see a bit better possession in midfield but defensively sound so far. Glad Lennon played the right players in their right positions. Bitton doing a good job at CB.

Boli ok so far, jury still out, suspect ball control let's him down at times.

Edouard worth every cent, he is just different class.

Kris Boyd lol. Commons explaining the difference between Jacks and McGregor's challenges. Boyd just raging!

• Advertisement

Boyd saying McGregor's tackle should've been a red?!?! Would've been a harsh yellow

Boyd saying McGregor's tackle should've been a red?!?! Would've been a harsh yellow

Probably an ‘orange’ card not a million miles from a red. If ten referees saw that probably three might interpret it as a red. Studs showing and boot was high.

Have to say I thought he'd get a yellow, but it wasn't a red by any stretch of the imagination. Clumsy at worst.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Have to say I thought he'd get a yellow, but it wasn't a red by any stretch of the imagination. Clumsy at worst.

True it probably was a yellow but taking into account how early in the game it was and there was no malice in the tackle I can see why he got away with it

Celtic just before half time and the first couple of minutes of this half are playing very deep which seems to be only inviting Rangers onto them and enabling them to have plenty of the ball...worrying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Big day for Ojo - it must be a real privilege getting a second half runout for the best team in Scotland

• Advertisement

Great play by Forrest back there in defense, like to be seeing him involved furjther up the pitch though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,508 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Tick Tock....

Christ we don't need Bitton being injured.

Just going to say what was said on commentary... 4 new players at the back. Not a good situation at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Ref has been very good allowing the game to flow.

• Advertisement

Arfield pmsl!!!!

Dive, terrible refereeing

Hayes 0-2. Class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Booom

Yeeesssssss!! Great breakaway

Scumbag stuff from Jones, looks like he injured himself, hopefully a bad one

Looking forward to seeing Kris Boyd squirm in his seat. Again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Great stuff from Hayes, good omen for the Dubs later :)

That was a great performance from all the Celtic team

Ibrox almost empty with a couple of minutes to go, you wouldn’t have credited Rangers with that sort of fickleness in times gone by.

Good performance by Celtic, barring a 15 minute spell at the beginning of the second half they dominated and looked as if they had another gear or two if it was to be required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Edouard and Ntcham were different class. Pleased for Jullien who was really solid at the back. Thought Brown did very well too. Thoroughly deserved victory.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement