Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,273 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

Journalist predictions for tomorrow:

Mark McDougall
    When Rangers are in full flow at Ibrox very few teams can deal with them and that’s going to be how Steven Gerrard’s side are on Sunday.

With Celtic’s defence in a bit of a makeshift state, Alfredo Morelos should have a field day.

As much as Celtic are good going forward, Rangers built on a more solid defence and that will be the big difference. Comfortable Rangers win.

Rangers 4 Celtic 0

Posting this again just because I can

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,167 ✭✭✭Fan of Netflix

Edouard was brilliant. Good to see Johnny Hayes get the winner. Rangers poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Overall thought it was excellent from us today, Lennon got the team selection and plan spot on. New signings at the back all stepped up and looked solid.

Must've been a frustrating game for Edouard but he was excellent. Midfield was solid and some great attacking play from Johnston, McGregor & Christie.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Outstanding result!!

Thought the defense was rock solid the whole game. Looked like Julien and Bolongoli really enjoyed themselves out there.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

I don't think it can be underestimated how important a win that is, given our defensive issues at the moment. All we've heard about is Rangers this and Rangers that, complete over hype.

Lennon can't be questioned, certainly at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,136 ✭✭✭RoyalCelt

Huge victory today. Hopefully they push on and wrap the 9 in a row up by Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

RoyalCelt wrote: »
    wrap the 9 in a row up by Christmas.

Ah here

0-2 Hayes (Rangers TV)

https://streamable.com/hmpgk

WLmJOn.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Lovely evening!

• Advertisement

Fat boy Boyd admitting we’re a class above through gritted teeth on Sky

GIRFUY!!!

RoryMac wrote: »
    Scumbag stuff from Jones, looks like he injured himself, hopefully a bad one
    The animal left the stadium on crutches. Karma is a bitch Jordan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

RoryMac wrote: »
    Scumbag stuff from Jones, looks like he injured himself, hopefully a bad one
    The animal left the stadium on crutches. Karma is a bitch Jordan.

Plenty of time for him to message 15 year old girls on twitter again while hes out injured

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

:confused:

He’s from a family of them that post on here!

:confused:

He’s from a family of them that post on here!
    There’s a family of them?!?!? The horror!

Posting this again. They really are the gift that keeps on giving....

Mark McDougall
    When Rangers are in full flow at Ibrox very few teams can deal with them and that’s going to be how Steven Gerrard’s side are on Sunday.

With Celtic’s defence in a bit of a makeshift state, Alfredo Morelos should have a field day.

As much as Celtic are good going forward, Rangers built on a more solid defence and that will be the big difference. Comfortable Rangers win.

Rangers 4 Celtic 0

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

That was brilliant. Delighted for Lenny, he got it spot on today.

• Advertisement

Follow Follow forum will be a great read this week.

Couple of signings tomorrow and we've got our foot on their throat and won't be letting up. Big Big Win today.

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Couple of signings tomorrow and we've got our foot on their throat and won't be letting up. Big Big Win today.

Taylor in as backup/competition for LB and then..... https://twitter.com/RickSpur/status/1168257276513280002?s=19

I refuse to get too excited but if that was to happen it would be an amazing signing

I'd be very surprised if Wanyama happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

I was very critical of Lennon after the Cluj game but the response since has been incredible. Delighted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Super happy with the defensive performance yesterday, very composed and assured considering the circumstances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nunu

I thought wanyama joined Bruges last week? Must have collapsed?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Nunu wrote: »
    I thought wanyama joined Bruges last week? Must have collapsed?

It's not gone through yet, Bruges havent sorted out the finances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

I wanna be Edouard.

Peadars was jumping yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Superb gritty display yesterday and a massive win. Biggest credit goes to our back 4 who were excellent to the extent that even in the second half when they had a lot of the ball Forster really did not have all that much to do. Although what he did he looked very secure with. I am delighted to see him back in goal and really hope he is signed permanently at the end of the season. El Hemad was excellent again and what a great signing he has proved to be while Julian was dominant in the middle and looks to be settling into Celtic now at this point. Biton alongside him was outstanding I though and credit to the much maligned Bolingoli who has improved and played well yesterday.

There is still work to do and games to play before we can say we have a good settled back 4 but we clearly have the makings of a very good and attractive to watch team if we can get the back 4 sorted as going forward we are really fun to watch and have goals all over the team.

Two good loan moves I think for us today so far Ralston to St Johnstone and Henderson to Ross County both for the season. Both really need to be playing first team football on a regular basis and clearly were not going to get that at Celtic this season. In particular I think Henderson has a big future at Celtic so hopefully this loan works out for him in a way that Callum McGregors loan to Notts County did for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

O’Connor from United and Frimpong from City both look like signing too.

Frimpong confirmed.

Just Lee O'Connor and Wanyama to get across the line!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,985 ✭✭✭mikeym

Great win for the Hoops.

I didnt think Rangers had £7 Million to be splashing out.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49552351

mikeym wrote: »
    Great win for the Hoops.

I didnt think Rangers had £7 Million to be splashing out.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/49552351

Down the back of the sofa trying to find some more EBTs and terminating contracts

Why do clubs leave it to the last minute to do deals?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Happy with the transfer business this time around, only downside was it was all a bit too late to help us for CL qualification, but I personally think that's outside of our control and not the boards fault. Deals like these always go to the wire, that's the nature of deadlines unfortunately.

Much stronger now than we were and we have competition for places at LB and RB. Managed to keep Eddy, Forrest, McGregor and Ntcham also which is as much of a win as new signings tbh.

Hands up, I've been very critical of Ntcham last season, but he has been exceptional so far this season. When he wants to play he can really play, he just didn't seem interested last season - hopefully the clear-the-air talks with Lennon have sorted his head.

Good combination of loans, permanent signings and young prospects also signed this time. Just want to see our back 4 settle properly now for the season and I think we'll be in great shape for 9IAR.

As for Rangers, I'd imagine Gerrard was giving them an ultimatum - get me my player or I'm gone. It's some convoluted deal with £2m up front and installments, who knows how they are paying for it but who cares really. He's a good buy for them, but their problems are a whole lot more than one player can fix.

Yep has been a good window in the end. Too late for the CL but that can’t be helped now. We’ve got good cover in most positions. Kick on now for 9IAR and a good EL campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Scott Brown being asked how his sister is as he left Ibrox on Sunday. His sister died of cancer at the age of 21.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/twisted-rangers-fan-targets-celtic-19355625

Between this, the pitch invasions, the bullets, the death threats, the riots, the ground closures for racism, the constant sectarianism and players being assaulted, they should not be allowed play football in front of rangers fans. Society doesn’t need this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I'd say everyone knows someone that has had to go through cancer. Hard to fathom how anyone can sink to that level. It's sport for goodness sake.

Fair play to Brown for the way he handled that.

Edouard on fire for France’s under 21s last night. Scoring twice. French media raving about him apparently.

Edouard on fire for France’s under 21s last night. Scoring twice. French media raving about him apparently.

Should be happy for him, but we know how this story goes.

Another 2 tonight for Eddy.

€100m for the man, take it or leave it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Another 2 tonight for Eddy.

€100m for the man, take it or leave it.

Pro: he’s clearly class and showing it on every stage he gets

Con: there’ll be offers and he’ll go

Pro: club can look for the next French eddy/dembele in the same price range they were rather than 2/3m gamble and hope jobs that we’ve done before

Pro: young talented players will see what moving to Celtic and applying yourself can do for your career

We'll probably lose Eddy in the summer so I think we'll see Bayo get a few chances to see if he can replace him. Should buy another striker in January as well so that he's bedded in for the summer qualifiers. The best option would be to ask him to stay another year and extend his contract with a big offer. He might want to leave though.

• Advertisement

TheCitizen wrote: »
    We'll probably lose Eddy in the summer so I think we'll see Bayo get a few chances to see if he can replace him. Should buy another striker in January as well so that he's bedded in for the summer qualifiers. The best option would be to ask him to stay another year and extend his contract with a big offer. He might want to leave though.

Would love him to do a Larsson and stay

What’s rare is wonderful

I think it’s unrealistic to think our star players will stay when presented with big moves.

We’ve seen Dembele and now Eddy (and others) come in, buy in and flourish.

I don’t resent the fact that moves away from Scotland for better money and better exposure would interest these guys as long as they give all they’ve got when they’re with us.

bobmalooka wrote: »

What’s rare is wonderful

I think it’s unrealistic to think our star players will stay when presented with big moves.

We’ve seen Dembele and now Eddy (and others) come in, buy in and flourish.

I don’t resent the fact that moves away from Scotland for better money and better exposure would interest these guys as long as they give all they’ve got when they’re with us.
    Absolutely correct. To be fair, Eddy’s attitude is always spot on. Far and away the best striker in the league and was always likely to be on the move next summer anyway.

The better he performs for us and France in the meantime can only be good for Celtic for lots of reasons. Not least that his value will keep on increasing.

Absolutely correct. To be fair, Eddy’s attitude is always spot on. Far and away the best striker in the league and was always likely to be on the move next summer anyway.

The better he performs for us and France in the meantime can only be good for Celtic for lots of reasons. Not least that his value will keep on increasing.

And hopefully the fact that other young superstars in the making will see us as an excellent stepping stone.

Thankfully back to business today, Hamilton away.

I'd like to see Ntcham given a full 90 and McGregor rested.

If Griff is available then start him too.

Strong team out today, chance to see Elyounoussi in action.

https://twitter.com/celticfc/status/1172808544493719553?s=21

• Advertisement

Fast start from Celtic, Elyounoussi has looked really good and sets up Forrest for the opener

3 points but never kept up the momentum of the first 10 mins. A lot to do with the pitch and game coming up on Thursday I'd say.

Bolingoli played well despite Sutton's constant criticism

Could have done with a 2nd to ease the nerves a bit, but Celtic dominated on what is an awful pitch. The SFA have to ban those pitches sooner rather than later, it's an embarrassment to the game that they are allowed at this level.

Heading into a busy period now with Europa League games, still a bit thin on the ground at centre back and Ajer didn't look too comfortable - hope he'll be ok for Thursday. The new full backs Elhamed and Bolingoli seems to be settling in nicely, I thought both did well.

Said it before and will say it again these plastic pitches need to go. I once again have watched Celtic play away on a plastic pitch and the game as a spectacle was dreadful and that is almost always the case on these plastic pitches. Now I understand smaller clubs have issues financially being able to up keep real pitches especially during winter but something needs to be done because consistently when I watch games on these pitches they are terrible to watch.

Utter stupidity from Ajer lunging in and giving away a peno

1-0 to Rennes

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement