Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

That should have been a penalty for a foul on Christie

Another panalty not given :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Ref has been really poor today. Two stonewall penos not given

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Another one, ffs.

Finished 1-1, Celtic have not won at Hibs since January 2014!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Not a great performance but certainly we did enough to win the game so disappointed we were held to the draw. No question both no calls in the second half were pk's. To not give one is bad enough but to not give 2 and they were both more of less the exact same situation is a disgrace. Sadly this is we all know going to be a factor again this season. We have already had a number of other clear pk's for hand ball not given including last weekend against Kilmarnock.

In the league. We did win 2-0 there last season in the Cup Quarter-Final.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I blame Neil Lennon for much of that :pac:

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I blame Neil Lennon for much of that :pac:

He was still the Hibernian manager last December when they beat us 2-0 at Easter Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭Broxi_Bear_Eire

eire4 wrote: »

Not a great performance but certainly we did enough to win the game so disappointed we were held to the draw. No question both no calls in the second half were pk's. To not give one is bad enough but to not give 2 and they were both more of less the exact same situation is a disgrace. Sadly this is we all know going to be a factor again this season. We have already had a number of other clear pk's for hand ball not given including last weekend against Kilmarnock.

Yeah it only happens to Celtic think if you check the stats we all suffer from incompetent refereeing

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »

Yeah it only happens to Celtic think if you check the stats we all suffer from incompetent refereeing

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Honest mistakes eh:pac:.

We know what's going on, we'll just have to be far better than anyone else to render it impotent.

TheCitizen wrote: »

Honest mistakes eh:pac:.

We know what's going on, we'll just have to be far better than anyone else to render it impotent.
    What a lot of crap 😂

What a lot of crap ��

No surprise you don't agree. Beat it pal:D

What a lot of crap ��

Beat it aye right you are. What a joke

What a lot of crap ��

Aye Ready right ya be

Aye Ready right ya be

Oh Dear

Oh Dear

Give over will ya. We know what happens whenever any Celtic fans go onto your teams thread. Doesn't matter if we want to raise an issue in a genuine way or not, you routinely stonewall and shut down discussion.

We know that we're not going to get favourable decisions while we're on the cusp of 9 in a row. We know we'll have to be considerably better than everyone else to nullify that. You're going to disagree, of course you are. Nothing else to say about it.

Oh Dear

Give over will ya. We know what happens whenever any Celtic fans go onto your teams thread. Doesn't matter if we want to raise an issue in a genuine way or not, you routinely stonewall and shut down discussion.

We know that we're not going to get favourable decisions while we're on the cusp of 9 in a row. We know we'll have to be considerably better than everyone else to nullify that. You're going to disagree, of course you are. Nothing else to say about it.
    Difference is I don’t tell you to beat it. I don’t have to answer your inane posts though as you don’t have to answer mine.

Love how you forget all the decisions we haven’t had recently ie blatant hand ball in the box against St Johnstone or not even a foul given when Aribo is blatantly elbowed in the head. But hey let’s just carry on instead of looking at the real problem the sheer incompetence of refs. You and your ilk would rather cry. Your ok my point has been proved I will leave you to slaver

• Advertisement

Difference is I don’t tell you to beat it.
    Well now that's not true. You might not have used those exact words but the sentiment was the same. BTW it was meant in jest, don't be so thin skinned.
    I don’t have to answer your inane posts though as you don’t have to answer mine.
    I don't have to answer to your inane gibberish either. Of course you're going to disagree with us on this, you're hardly going to do otherwise are you:pac:
    Love how you forget all the decisions we haven’t had recently ie blatant hand ball in the box against St Johnstone or not even a foul given when Aribo is blatantly elbowed in the head. But hey let’s just carry on instead of looking at the real problem the sheer incompetence of refs. You and your ilk would rather cry. Your ok my point has been proved I will leave you to slaver

We're not crying at all pal. We know how it is. We know we'll have to be considerably better than you and that's what we're going to do. We'll resolve to get on with it with that knowledge and beat ye anyway.

Difference is I don’t tell you to beat it.
    Well now that's not true. You might not have used those exact words but the sentiment was the same. BTW it was meant in jest, don't be so thin skinned.
    I don’t have to answer your inane posts though as you don’t have to answer mine.
    I don't have to answer to your inane gibberish either. Of course you're going to disagree with us on this, you're hardly going to do otherwise are you:pac:

We're not crying at all pal. We know how it is. We know we'll have to be considerably better than you and that's what we're going to do. We'll resolve to get on with it with that knowledge and beat ye anyway.

Wee example for you found this out a couple of weeks ago. From season 2016/17 till now
    Celtic 36 penalties
    Aberdeen 31
    Rangers 31
    Hearts 27
    Hamilton 26
    That The penalties each team has got. But you are hard done to. Pathetic

Wee example for you found this out a couple of weeks ago. From season 2016/17 till now
    Celtic 36 penalties
    Aberdeen 31
    Rangers 31
    Hearts 27
    Hamilton 26

Pathetic attempt. Link those statistics you put up there. I'm not going to take your word for it with your agenda.

Even if they're accurate, we're the best team by far in the league, we attack more than you or anyone else. Of course we should get more penalties. That's only common sense. Keep it up pal, but you'll have to do a hell of a lot better than that.:)

Celtic 36 penalties
    Aberdeen 31
    Rangers 31
    Hearts 27
    Hamilton 26

Pathetic attempt. Link those statistics you put up there. I'm not going to take your word for it with your agenda.

Even if they're accurate, we're the best team by far in the league, we attack more than you or anyone else. Of course we should get more penalties. That's only common sense. Keep it up pal, but you'll have to do a hell of a lot better than that.:)
    See to be honest I couldn’t give a monkeys what you think what you believe you are paranoid just like the secretary of your supporters association now I have a life to get on with so I will leave you to your conspiracy nonsense

See to be honest I couldn’t give a monkeys what you think what you believe you are paranoid just like the secretary of your supporters association now I have a life to get on with so I will leave you to your conspiracy nonsense

See you already said that the other day but you still came back for more. Perhaps you'll hit the road for good this time:)

See you already said that the other day but you still came back for more. Perhaps you'll hit the road for good this time:)

Oh just because it’s pointless discussing these things with you as let’s face you are to far gone jeez you won’t even do any research. You would rather wallow in your nonsense. It doesn’t mean I can’t come in here and laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

Quick search shows in the Premier league since 16/17
    Rangers 24
    Celtic 21

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,657 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Carroller wrote: »
    Rangers 24
    Celtic 22

So despite getting more penalties overall, Celtic got less penalties in the league.

Interesting.

Oh just because it’s pointless discussing these things with you as let’s face you are to far gone jeez you won’t even do any research. You would rather wallow in your nonsense. It doesn’t mean I can’t come in here and laugh
    Carroller wrote: »
    Rangers 24
    Celtic 21

:pac: Oh dear.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

:pac: Oh dear.

the toys will come out off the pram soon and the usual retort from that lot will be used for point scoring as per

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Celtic 36 penalties
    Aberdeen 31
    Rangers 31
    Hearts 27
    Hamilton 26

A more accurate statistic might be the percentage of total goals scored that were from penalties... but I doubt you'd like to see the results of that one

• Registered Users Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Carroller

gwalk wrote: »
    the toys will come out off the pram soon and the usual retort from that lot will be used for point scoring as per

I think he might be gone for good this time:), but you never know.........:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I’m not arguing one way or the other, but it would be really interesting to see the breakdown of game changing penos given.

A last minute penalty to win a game 2-1 is of far more value than a penalty awarded to make it 4-0, yet the statistics only show that two penalties were given. There’s more to it than the raw numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Treble treble winners and 8 in a row and you lot still lap up paranoid nonsense.

• Advertisement

gwalk wrote: »

I think he might be gone for good this time:), but you never know.........:pac:

In your dreams. Take more than your nonsense mate

In your dreams. Take more than your nonsense mate
    You've been proven to be talking utter dung buddy, but sure don't let that stop ya:pac:

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Treble treble winners and 8 in a row and you lot still lap up paranoid nonsense.

Another one. As was said earlier to your pal there, we're aware of the situation and we just have to get on with it and resolve to beat yis anyway. No harm to be aware of the facts on these things though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

But then why do you bother? Honestly. Every single time you fall for their bait, and keep coming back for more. Just ignore them ffs, its tiresome at this stage from both of ye

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Jelle1880 wrote: »

Another one. As was said earlier to your pal there, we're aware of the situation and we just have to get on with it and resolve to beat yis anyway. No harm to be aware of the facts on these things though.
    They’ve crawled out from under their rocks again. Didn’t you hear, we drew and they won last weekend so 55 (actually 1) is back on. Ojo says so!!! Never mind that we’re still top and SMASHED them at their kip earlier on.

They’ll be gone into hiding again soon enough. It’s always been like this with that lot.

Never won a trophy but “we arra peepul”.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

They’ve crawled out from under their rocks again. Didn’t you hear, we drew and they won last weekend so 55 (actually 1) is back on. Ojo says so!!! Never mind that we’re still top and SMASHED them at their kip earlier on.

They’ll be gone into hiding again soon enough. It’s always been like this with that lot.

Never won a trophy but “we arra peepul”.

Bit harsh there, they’ve won the Ramsden Cup!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

Bit harsh there, they’ve won the Ramsden Cup!!
    **snigger** Did Raith not beat them in the final of that. Can any of our resident The Rangers’ supporters confirm???

Was it not the Petrofac Cup in 2016 that they won? Against the mighty Peterhead?? Again, can any of our resident The Rangers’ supporters confirm??? They’ve been posting like fcuk in this thread for the past couple of days so their clarification should be no problem.

Of course they won the Scottish Cup against Hibs in 2016..... oh wait..... hahaha. ♫ ♫ While the Chief, puts Sunshine On Leith, I'll thank him for his work ♫ ♫

Nir Biton and Mikey Johnson are both fully fit and back in the squad for Thursday. I imagine both will likely start on the bench but great news to have them both back. They have both been very good so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great run & cross from Bolingoli and nice header from Edouard. Bolingoli has really turned it around after his poor start, he's been brilliant for us

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

RoryMac wrote: »
    Great run & cross from Bolingoli and nice header from Edouard. Bolingoli has really turned it around after his poor start, he's been brilliant for us

Agreed, he has come on leaps and bounds since he started. Decent pace aswell.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

2-0, Elyonoussi.

Excellent

Excellent win and Julien should have at least one goal

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement