Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Very happy with that last night. Lenny has the team buzzing along right now. Lots of competition for places in the first team as well. Tricky away game on that plastic pitch on Sunday v Livingston but with the form we're in confidence is high.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 239 ✭✭Old Gill

For anyone living in North Kildare or West Dublin the North Kildare Celtic Supporters Club set up this year and meet every televised game in the Newtown Inn Maynooth.

You can follow us on www.facebook.com/northkildarecsc

On Sat Nov 2 after the Hibs League Cup Semi we have a band on afterwards. Admission is free and everyone welcome. The Newtown Inn is a 10 mins walk from the train station or where the 66 bus ends.

Last train/bus to Dublin is 23.15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Stupid challenge from Christie results in a deserved red card

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Stupid tackle by Christie, can't argue with the straight red.

We're in a spot of bother here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,834 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

A very poor start by Celtic. Look a tired team this morning. Second to a lot of challenges and hopeless going forward, no final ball.

Red card was 100% nailed on, no reason for Christie to go in like that, a challenge like that could see a player be out for a season...dangerous.

HT 0-0

Pretty poor from Celtic even before Christie had a brain fart. Makes the job so much harder now although our composure looks off

Got that’s a really shîtty challenge no matter what angle it’s seen from, nowhere near the ball.

1-0 to Livi

A brilliant goal in fairness, nice run, pass and finish. Celtic defenders like statues though.

Celtic down the other end, three players Qing around the penalty spot for a cutback unmarked and we find the defender..ughhhhhhhhhrrrrrghhhhhhh

• Advertisement

2-0

Will relinquish top spot today

Been a while since I saw Scott Brown play this bad, 34 now and beginning to look like he’s lost that bite and mobility that was a key feature of his midfield play..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

Easy to say now but Lennon should have changed the side a bit, Brown can't play 3 games a week anymore.

Jesus wept, what a pass

How is that not a booking ?

FT 2-0

Dragged down to Livingstons level and beaten in the battle. Poor way to give up top spot

• Advertisement

FT 2-0

Dragged down to Livingstons level and beaten in the battle. Poor way to give up top spot

It was though, a very limp performance, nothing in attack apart from hit and hope 50/50 shît.... most of the game. Nothing verging on trying to be creative, using width or pace, played into Livingston’s hands...

That said Celtic by the final whistle should have been up against nine men, two obvious and blatant red card challenges, the second one just before the final whistle had leg breaker all over it and ten times worse than Ryan’s. Collum seemed to be doing his upmost to keep 11 on the park for Livingston.

No need to panic. No trophies handed out in October. We'll get thing back on track soon.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Tbh I thought we'd drop points today, all the talk before this was the pitch and how we've struggled v Livingston recently. Completely wrong attitude today to be honest, but fair play to Livingston, they knew exactly what they were at and executed it perfectly. 0-2 was a surprise, even with 10 men for most of it. Just not good enough all over the park, Christie's moment of madness threw away an already difficult task.

Lots of people on other forums moaning about the pitch and the ref. No excuses, we were the architects of our own downfall today.

Not pressing the panic button yet, early doors this season, we're far far better than we showed today but there are some things to be addressed and we just have to get better at dealing with teams that play like this regardless of the pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

No question we were very poor today. Pretty much got everything wrong. Yes the pitch is a joke yes the ref was dreadful. But we simply did not show up today and were miles off. A real let down after such a terrific night Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

I see Lennon referenced fatigue post match. Funny that, given he hadn’t rotated the side that played a few days earlier.

I don’t understand why a side would persevere with the game plan Celtic did, seemingly playing into Livingston’s hands by persevering with the crosses into the box, making it more a physical than a technical battle. Bringing on Hayes was a strange move too when chasing the game.

Anyway, hardly a surprise that Celtic seem poorly prepared and lacking a game plan. That was always going to be the case under Lennon. Worryingly though, with Rangers going top there’s the fear that just having the best squad of players in the league may not be enough for Lennon to win it.

It’s still early doors, but Rangers are scoring a hell of a lot more goals and making far easier work of the cannon fodder than Celtic. If they don’t relent it will be a difficult season

• Advertisement

Those plastic pitches are difficult and make for horrible football. Christie getting himself sent off of all days going was the last thing we needed. Lessons will be learned and we need to start winning these away games cos Rangers have improved significantly. We could get away with results like yesterday over the last few seasons but now we can't afford too many slip ups.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    I see Lennon referenced fatigue post match. Funny that, given he hadn’t rotated the side that played a few days earlier.

I don’t understand why a side would persevere with the game plan Celtic did, seemingly playing into Livingston’s hands by persevering with the crosses into the box, making it more a physical than a technical battle. Bringing on Hayes was a strange move too when chasing the game.

Anyway, hardly a surprise that Celtic seem poorly prepared and lacking a game plan. That was always going to be the case under Lennon. Worryingly though, with Rangers going top there’s the fear that just having the best squad of players in the league may not be enough for Lennon to win it.

It’s still early doors, but Rangers are scoring a hell of a lot more goals and making far easier work of the cannon fodder than Celtic. If they don’t relent it will be a difficult season
    You're just waiting for a result like yesterday to get a dig in. Calm down.

We're away to Aberdeen on October 27th and then have games on plastic pitches v St Mirren in December for example. If we don't win those games perhaps you can start pressing the panic button. You're a little bit premature right now though which is no surprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

I didn't see enough of the game yesterday to make a judgement on the performance but these types of results happen to every Celtic manager especially coming off the back of a European game.

Way too early to be panicking

TheCitizen wrote: »
    You're just waiting for a result like yesterday to get a dig in. Calm down.

We're away to Aberdeen on October 27th and then have games on plastic pitches v St Mirren in December for example. If we don't win those games perhaps you can start pressing the panic button. You're a little bit premature right now though which is no surprise.

If I was waiting on a result like yesterday to get a dig in, I would have posted last week following last week’s “like yesterday” result.

RoryMac wrote: »
    I didn't see enough of the game yesterday to make a judgement on the performance but these types of results happen to every Celtic manager especially coming off the back of a European game.

Way too early to be panicking

Two weeks in a row now these type of results have happened.

A big few games on the horizon. To fall even further behind would be worrying

It’s still early doors, but Rangers are scoring a hell of a lot more goals

Up to yesterday, Celtic had outscored Rangers

We are still ahead in the 86th minute league :pac:

If I was waiting on a result like yesterday to get a dig in, I would have posted last week following last week’s “like yesterday” result.

Remarkable restraint

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Remarkable restraint

We had a wobble around this time last year and you were jumping up and down on the panic button.

US2 wrote: »
    We had a wobble around this time last year and you were jumping up and down on the panic button.

Is that comment directed at me?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018%E2%80%9319_Celtic_F.C._season

Now that you mention it this time last season we had already lost twice away from home to Hearts and Kilmarnock and had drawn away to St Mirren. we then drew with Livingston in November, Motherwell in December and lost to Rangers in December. Rangers were level on points with us going into the January break.

I wonder was Liam O there panicking as much then?

US2 wrote: »

Yea I was, though it was slightly different then in that everyone knew Rodgers was away at the end of the season regardless.

Bizarrely, Celtic would be in a far better place now had Rodgers gotten the boot at that stage, because Lennon wasn’t available so someone else would have come in.

In any case, I just made a point about how poorly Lennon’s management of the side was over the weekend. No rotation or consideration of fatigue, no game plan, no ability to change things up when chasing the game. Result was 3 points dropped to go with those dropped in Leith last weekend, and falling behind rangers.

Aberdeen and Hearts on the horizon now. Must win games

• Advertisement

Yea I was, though it was slightly different then in that everyone knew Rodgers was away at the end of the season regardless.

Bizarrely, Celtic would be in a far better place now had Rodgers gotten the boot at that stage, because Lennon wasn’t available so someone else would have come in.

In any case, I just made a point about how poorly Lennon’s management of the side was over the weekend. No rotation or consideration of fatigue, no game plan, no ability to change things up when chasing the game. Result was 3 points dropped to go with those dropped in Leith last weekend, and falling behind rangers.

Aberdeen and Hearts on the horizon now. Must win games

Indeed. Panicking won't help though.

I wonder was Liam O there panicking as much then?

Yep, and getting an equal amount of pelters for it.

Per above, we all knew Rodgers was away soon anyway, so that combined with the drop in form set off alarm bells. With Lennon it’s different, he’s just not at the races when it comes to managing at the top level.

Anyone could win the league with Celtic is often said of Celtic in countering arguments praising Rodgers’ achievements in Scotland. Neil Lennon is really going to test that

Yep, and getting an equal amount of pelters for it.

Per above, we all knew Rodgers was away soon anyway, so that combined with the drop in form set off alarm bells. With Lennon it’s different, he’s just not at the races when it comes to managing at the top level.

Anyone could win the league with Celtic is often said of Celtic in countering arguments praising Rodgers’ achievements in Scotland. Neil Lennon is really going to test that

Nope, you're wrong Liam. Rangers improved form and consistency will test that.

Was reading on Teh Huddleboard there that currently we're averaging 2.3 points per game. If we keep that going throughout the season we'll get 90 points which would be more than either of the last two seasons. We'll see if rangers can match or better that throughout the season and the head to heads as always will be crucial.

You have a problem with Lennon being our manager, that's your problem. At least have the manners and a little bit of restraint to see how things are later in the season before you start panicking and attacking our manager with your glib and ill informed comments.

Nope, you're wrong Liam. Rangers improved form and consistency will test that.

Was reading on Teh Huddleboard there that currently we're averaging 2.3 points per game. If we keep that going throughout the season we'll get 90 points which would be more than either of the last two seasons. We'll see if rangers can match or better that throughout the season and the head to heads as always will be crucial.

You have a problem with Lennon being our manager, that's your problem. At least have the manners and a little bit of restraint to see how things are later in the season before you start panicking and attacking our manager with your glib and ill informed comments.

Any comment I’ve made on Lennon has been about his abilities as a manager. I’ve never been critical of him as a person.

I was critical of his appointment, and now I’ve made a few comments about how poorly I felt he managed the last few games. I’m not being disrespectful here, everything I’ve posted about Lennon is fair comment.

I will emphasize though that I have nothing against Lennon as a person, it’s purely his abilities as a manager that concern me.

Any comment I’ve made on Lennon has been about his abilities as a manager. I’ve never been critical of him as a person.

I was critical of his appointment, and now I’ve made a few comments about how poorly I felt he managed the last few games. I’m not being disrespectful here, everything I’ve posted about Lennon is fair comment.

I will emphasize though that I have nothing against Lennon as a person, it’s purely his abilities as a manager that concern me.

There was nothing wrong with his abilities as a manager last Thursday was there? The result yesterday was replicated in similar fashion this time last year but more often.

Lennon was manager of Celtic before and was by and large a success back then also. He deserves a bit more respect for his abilities as a manager than you are affording him.

Celtic are facing a bigger challenge from Rangers this season than in a long long time. We'll still be favourites to lift the title but obviously if Rangers are going to accumulate more points than they did in recent years, we'll have to up our game.

The last thing Lenny and his team at Celtic need to do is panic and carp like you are doing.

There was nothing wrong with his abilities as a manager last Thursday was there? The result yesterday was replicated in similar fashion this time last year but more often.

Lennon was manager of Celtic before and was by and large a success back then also. He deserves a bit more respect for his abilities as a manager than you are affording him.

Celtic are facing a bigger challenge from Rangers this season than in a long long time. We'll still be favourites to lift the title but obviously if Rangers are going to accumulate more points than they did in recent years, we'll have to up our game.

The last thing Lenny and his team at Celtic need to do is panic and carp like you are doing.

To be fair, it’s about time he got something off Cluj.

There’s no point in going back over the arguments for/against Lennon’s record at this stage.

I’m not panicking as you suggest, I never expected anything from Lennon so to not be further behind is pleasantly surprising. The two aims at this stage of the season are CL football and to be top; at least one of them is recoverable.

Agree re the challenge from Rangers, but maintain they’ve an inferior squad.

To be fair, it’s about time he got something off Cluj.

There’s no point in going back over the arguments for/against Lennon’s record at this stage.

I’m not panicking as you suggest, I never expected anything from Lennon so to not be further behind is pleasantly surprising. The two aims at this stage of the season are CL football and to be top; at least one of them is recoverable.

Agree re the challenge from Rangers, but maintain they’ve an inferior squad.

You are panicking Liam. And even though you say; "There’s no point in going back over the arguments for/against Lennon’s record at this stage." you're on here when there's a bad result to tell us all again that you don't rate Lennon as a manager like as if that matters a jot. You were nowhere to be seen on here after the match last Thursday though. Cluj btw beat Lazio on matchday 1, they're no mugs.

I would suggest to you that you might perhaps maintain a bit of discretion until later in the season but it appears you can't stop yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

I see Edouard got a hat-trick for France u21s against Slovakia today. That's 9 goals in 4 games he has for them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I see Edouard got a hat-trick for France u21s against Slovakia today. That's 9 goals in 4 games he has for them now.

Unbelievable talent.

Sadly looks a certainty to be sold for big money next summer. Will hopefully play a huge part in delivering 9 and then he’ll go with everyone’s blessing.

• Advertisement

HT Celtic 1 - 0 Ross County
    Elynoussi

Played well and should have scored 3 or 4, a couple of great saves from the RC keeper, couple of goal line clearances and we hit the post

https://streamja.com/5zvg

Edouard scores the 2nd and McGregor scores the 3rd :)

and Edouard scores the 4th!!

Forrest scores the 5th :)

Elynoussi scores the 6th

Frimpong having a great game

FT 6-0

1-0
    https://streamja.com/5zvg

2-0
    https://streamja.com/np2e

3-0
    https://streamja.com/2mwp

4-0
    https://streamja.com/Aq96

5-0
    https://streamja.com/PbNM

6-0
    https://streamja.com/XXVN

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Didn't see it but a fantastic response to dropping points before the break. Frimpong looks very good in those clips. Hopefully put a string of wins together now to pick up maximum points. Still feel we need to be able to cope better with poor away pitches, you look at that performance yesterday and think there's no way Livingston should be beating us like they did.

Back on top

Back on top

I expected to be back on top soon, but not that soon! :)

PauloMN wrote: »
    I expected to be back on top soon, but not that soon! :)

Pleasing:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Arguably our best performance of the season so far. Should really have been a double digit margin of victory we were that good. Superb performances all over the park. Frimpong had a very good league debut to follow up on his debut against Partick Thistle and looks like he could end up being a really good player for us down the road. He is of course still only 18. Great to see Rogic get a full 90 minutes under his belt. That will do his match sharpness a world of good. Elyounossi may only be here on lon for the season but he looks like such an intelligent and creative player now that he is settling in and will have a big role to play this season for us I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Team for tonight?

Forster

Elmahed Jullien Ajer Boli

Brown Christie McGregor

Forrest Elyounoussi

Eddy

Celtic caught on the break and now 0-1

Lazio blocking everything

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Poor goal to give away, nobody putting effort in to get back