Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Christie!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,168 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

That save from Forster at the death was absolutely incredible. The volley was brilliant itself, smashed it perfectly, going into the top corner. You wouldn't have blamed Forster had he not stopped it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

2_1 Comon Celtic!
    Bullet header in the last few minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

Great comeback, super header by Julien and so good to see the Great Wall back in goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

We’re in a great position in the group now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Ryan Christie is exceptional. Ridiculous engine on him

Full credit to Lenny too. He brought big Fraz back, he signed Julien - both immense tonight - and he made the big calls and changes in the second half to get the job done.

Full credit to Lenny too. He brought big Fraz back, he signed Julien - both immense tonight - and he made the big calls and changes in the second half to get the job done.

Yeah definitely, players look to have bought into his tactics and team spirit looks good. Results like tonight only build belief that things are on the right track

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Was VERY skeptical of Lenny coming back to say the least, but this is what he gives you, organization and discipline. Great result against a top seed. Looking forward to the next one now!

Lost a ton on Celtic & Porto double so not as sweet as it should feel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

What a time to be alive.

CELTIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,860 ✭✭✭Ragnar Lothbrok

I am blaming Neil Lennon personally for my monumental hangover :D

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Just watched the game as I was out last night. Jesus, what a match! Absolutely loving the FF saves, both brilliant saves. Delighted to have the big man back, looked happy out to be back at Celtic. Christie and Jullien played really well also.

Couple of potential red card challenges from them, ref went very easy on them I thought.

7 points from 3 games incl away draw, delighted with that. Puts us in a great position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Southampton will be looking for Forster back! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

That was a great result and we weren't even at out our best, in fact we were a bit nervous at times and some of our players looked overawed by the occasion. Still I think we deserved it in the end when we showed that will to win and got ourselves back into it.

Lazio backs against the wall for the next day, I think we can finish them in Rome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Dempsey wrote: »
    Southampton will be looking for Forster back! :pac:

Hopefully they will get relegated and they will be looking to off load players.

What a night that was Thursday. Still on cloud 9 really from it. A brilliant win. I though we were right at it and very good in most of our play in the first half. In fairness to them their defending in the final third was at times top class and their defender Bastos was immense. To fall behind late on was a real blow but credit our lads they kept plugging away and we fully deserved that equalizer. Looked like it would be a draw but how about Jullien really settling into a quality center back and heads in the winner. Can see him getting a good half dozen or so like that by the seasons end. Forster then what a save that was in the last seconds. A wild finish and a memorable night and win for sure.

Great run and finish from Edouard

• Advertisement

3 nil now, Forrest

Great to see Frimpong get his goal and he loves it :D

https://twitter.com/btsportfootball/status/1188462047983538176

• Registered Users Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭Kingdom Bhoy

Celtic were quality yesterday.

• Advertisement

Forgot about this chap on Thursday night celebrating the winner against Lazio :)

JwlMwfW.gif

Forgot about this chap on Thursday night celebrating the winner against Lazio :)

JwlMwfW.gif

A drink or 2 consumed before he entered Celtic Park maybe:)

Hilarious though I remembered picking up on that when I was watching it on Celtic TV.

Another superb performance and coming on the back of such a big and tough European game just made it all the more remarkable. I really though it would be a tough one for us but wow right from the get go we just swatted Aberdeen aside with ease. Again superb performances all over the park. But one feature for me was Ajer again and again making runs from the back all the way to the attacking third. He has that in him and has done it before many times but I cannot recall him doing it that many times in the same game. An absolute joy to watch that was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Have to say, I'm enjoying the piss take against Mussolini's granddaughter online who seems mighty triggered by those banners :D

Finished 2-0 tonight against St Mirren tonight, a frustrating first half and I thought it was going to be one of those games

1-0 Elyounoussi
    https://streamable.com/gd6u7

2-0 Forrest
    https://streamable.com/c4kta

• Advertisement

Finished 2-0 tonight against St Mirren tonight, a frustrating first half and I thought it was going to be one of those games

1-0 Elyounoussi
    https://streamable.com/gd6u7

2-0 Forrest
    https://streamable.com/c4kta

Job done. Clean sheet. Now on to the weekend and the semi.

Stuffy game last night but as bad as St Mirren are going forward they don't give up many so it did not surprise me really. Plus while sure we were below par we still got 2 goals won comfortably and missed quite a lot of clear cut chances. Jullien missed 2 sitters and had one cleared off the line. McGregor went close in the first minute Forrest had a shot pushed onto the post just before half and then Edouard blazed over when Forrest squared him a great ball. So all in all when we are below par and still creating that many clear cut chances thats a good sign I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Offside for the second.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Another great performance. Seeing some really excellent football from Celtic these days.

What a show of attacking football that was from Celtic today. 5 goals and a catalogue of chances missed. Think we went to sleep defensively after Brown made it 4-1 but hard to be too critical in a cup semi-final when you win 5-2 and still missed a bunch of chances. Elyounoussi was a well deserved man of the match and just keeps getting better and more deadly now that he seems to have settled into the team. Love how hard to works for the team without the ball as well.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

McGregor and Forrest tied up on long contracts over the past few days, absolutely delighted with that business. Two players who are a core part of our team and our system.

Very important work in securing those two, especially with Rodgers sniffing around.

Lennon has matured into an excellent manager, it's clear he was the one and only choice to replace Rodgers when he left, but in the longer term he's also the right man for the job and he's proved that in spades. He's had his challenges with injured players, and having to replace the likes of KT and Lustig, and he's done remarkably well. Great mix of players at the moment, young, not so young, loan players, new players and they all seem to love playing for him.

PauloMN wrote: »
    McGregor and Forrest tied up on long contracts over the past few days, absolutely delighted with that business. Two players who are a core part of our team and our system.

Very important work in securing those two, especially with Rodgers sniffing around.

Lennon has matured into an excellent manager, it's clear he was the one and only choice to replace Rodgers when he left, but in the longer term he's also the right man for the job and he's proved that in spades. He's had his challenges with injured players, and having to replace the likes of KT and Lustig, and he's done remarkably well. Great mix of players at the moment, young, not so young, loan players, new players and they all seem to love playing for him.

Great to have Forrest & McGregor signed up, very important players for us.

Yeah looks like I was wrong being against Lennon taking over, he has built an excellent team with a big changes required as you said. We're playing some great football and it's obvious the players have bought into Lennon's ideas on how the team should be playing.

I was delighted to see Celtic sign McGregor to a 5 year deal no less. That will see him injuries aside entering into and playing his peak career years as a Celtic player. Absolutely fantastic news really. I would think too that in McGregor we have the natural successor to Brown both in terms of playing position and club captain and leader whenever Brown does hang up his boots.

1-1 at half time, Lazio went ahead early and then Forrest equalised with a great goal after 37 minutes. Overall, Celtic have been sloppy in passing and play

https://streamable.com/gpw4q

• Advertisement

Wow! Celtic have beaten Lazio 2-1 with the last play of the game in the 95th minute.

sligeach wrote: »
    Wow! Celtic have beaten Lazio 2-1 with the last play of the game in the 95th minute.

Hahahaha. YEEEEESSSSSS!!!!

Brillient 2nd half - what a finish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Only saw the first hour or so. Celtic were decent in the first half and excellent in the first period of the second half.

Beating Lazio 2-1 away is a very good result, and an excellent one in the context of Celtic’s European away showings in the modern era. Lennon deserves huge credit for that.

It's the first time Celtic have won away against Italian opposition in 13 attempts. It was a nice finish for the winner.

LiamoSail wrote: »
    Only saw the first hour or so. Celtic were decent in the first half and excellent in the first period of the second half.

Beating Lazio 2-1 away is a very good result, and an excellent one in the context of Celtic’s European away showings in the modern era. Lennon deserves huge credit for that.

Fcuking buzzing after that. What a fcuking team!!!

Great stuff from Lenny and the team, YET AGAIN!

What an ending. Knockouts with 2 games to spare. Just saying it as never get a chance to say it!!!!

Voice fcuked lads.

What a difference a few minutes make

bonner-1.jpg

bonner-2.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Thought it was going to be the same old story after those opening minutes but **** me what a turnaround, i was sure Nitcham had sliced it wide and was bollocking him :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement