Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2019/2020

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

It’s one game. We’ll bounce back. Gerrard reacted as if he’d won the WC, Euros, CL and League after the game. Shows they know their place. Few new signings in Jan and we’ll walk the league.

Ffs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Sorry, I meant to say everything is awful. The Rangers* are back. Lennon out. Wah wah wah.

FFS, the whinging and moaning is pathetic.

If there's any consolation it's come at the best time, just before the Window. Rangers have the momentum as it stands, change required. May be time to look to change some of the old guard.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

It’s one game. We’ll bounce back. Gerrard reacted as if he’d won the WC, Euros, CL and League after the game. Shows they know their place. Few new signings in Jan and we’ll walk the league.

Walk the league? Be serious now. Not just one game either. Cup final was brutal, we stole that win. Not dominating even the dross in the league.

Gerrard has that team drilled excellently, it's clear that they have a very defined approach to games which has been very effective this season. We are struggling to cope with it. A couple of new players won't change that, Lennon has to take the blame here imo. He didn't learn at all from the final which surprised me I have to say. They are all about set pieces and the lack of defensive organisation at our end was a shock to me tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Sorry, I meant to say everything is awful. The Rangers* are back. Lennon out. Wah wah wah.

FFS, the whinging and moaning is pathetic.

Head in the sand is much worse.

• Advertisement

PauloMN wrote: »
    Walk the league? Be serious now. Not just one game either. Cup final was brutal, we stole that win. Not dominating even the dross in the league.

Gerrard has that team drilled excellently, it's clear that they have a very defined approach to games which has been very effective this season. We are struggling to cope with it. A couple of new players won't change that, Lennon has to take the blame here imo. He didn't learn at all from the final which surprised me I have to say. They are all about set pieces and the lack of defensive organisation at our end was a shock to me tbh.

We’re 2 points ahead. We have money. We will strengthen. That’s the first points we’ve dropped at home all season. We will strengthen. We will pull ahead. We will walk the league.

Head in the sand is much worse.

We’ll see come the end of the season. Was the end of the world when Lennon got the job last year too. Absolutely pathetic.

We’re 2 points ahead.

Rangers game in hand, and they look like they are up for it. 'Walk it' not likely at all.

Rangers game in hand, and they look like they are up for it. 'Walk it' not likely at all.

I’d rather have points on the board than games in hand. And as I’ve said, we’ll see come the end of the season.

I’d rather have points on the board than games in hand. And as I’ve said, we’ll see come the end of the season.

Do you follow the SPL much ;)

• Advertisement

Do you follow the SPL much ;)

Not since it disbanded years ago. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Beat by a hungrier team simple as that. We need to strengthen in January and then roll our sleeves up and fight them tooth and nail for the rest of the season. We can still win the league but we've got to want it as bad as they do.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Beat by a hungrier team simple as that. We need to strengthen in January and then roll our sleeves up and fight them tooth and nail for the rest of the season. We can still win the league but we've got to want it as bad as they do.

Agreed. Awful performance, being 8 points ahead would have been great but all still to play for. It all depends on how the players - and more importantly Lennon - react after the break.

Some odd decisions today from Lenny, putting Griff on just summed it all up really. He is nowhere near ready, and will need a lot more time before being ready for a game like today.

The pressure is on us know, let's see if the will is there to make in 9IAR. Have to just treat every single league game from now until the end of the season as a final, no room for errors now. My concern is that the rest of the league is as poor this season as I've every seen it, so we won't see them dropping points like last year imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

I think it's time for Griffiths to make a fresh start at another club. Not based on today but overall I really don't ever see him returning to his previous form. I think the club have done right by him.

If there's any consolation it's come at the best time, just before the Window. Rangers have the momentum as it stands, change required. May be time to look to change some of the old guard.

Not just the old guard but players like Christie shouldn't be automatic first pick players either. Christie is fine against most SPL teams incl Rangers in recent times but Rangers have now improved so either he improves or we get in someone better. He was targeted and marked out of that game. Forrest has lost his form completely.

We need a proper striker to alternate and/or play with Eddy in January. If we keep Ntcham we need him in the team for the bigger games ahead of Christie, Rogic is another option at 10 if he gets fully fit.

We need someone to push Forrest for his place in the team, he was very poor yesterday. Elyounoussi should come back fully fit and El Hamed they were both missed recently. Give Taylor opportunities at lb or just play Hayes ahead of Boli. We could do with a couple of guys like Thompson in a wide area and Sutton up front supporting or playing with Edouard. They don't come cheap but the board has money so now is the time to spend it this January.

Most of all we've got to roll our sleeves up and meet them head on and fight them. If we do that we'll still win the league and we can look back and laugh at Gerrard getting carried away with himself yesterday.

PauloMN wrote: »
    Agreed. Awful performance, being 8 points ahead would have been great but all still to play for. It all depends on how the players - and more importantly Lennon - react after the break.

Some odd decisions today from Lenny, putting Griff on just summed it all up really. He is nowhere near ready, and will need a lot more time before being ready for a game like today.

The pressure is on us know, let's see if the will is there to make in 9IAR. Have to just treat every single league game from now until the end of the season as a final, no room for errors now. My concern is that the rest of the league is as poor this season as I've every seen it, so we won't see them dropping points like last year imo.

Eh, they dropped points 2 games ago ffs.

the other lot appear to be playing the race card to deflect attention from Morelos gesturing to our fans. Low stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Yep, a fabricated story about rascism

Yep, a fabricated story about rascism

They're now "issuing a notice of complaint" against Ryan Christie for allegedly grabbing Morelos. Trying to get their retaliation in first obviously. You couldnt be up to them. Morelos will likely face a charge for his aggressive gesture on Friday.

Its important that we as a club fight our corner here. If one of our players did something like that at Ibrox you wouldnt hear the end of it. The other lot claiming it to be a South American cultural thing is absolute lies. And their statements since the game is a desperate attempt to deflect from Morelos' poor bahaviour. No surprise we know what we're up against with that lot. Celtic need to stand up for ourselves here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

They're now "issuing a notice of complaint" against Ryan Christie for allegedly grabbing Morelos. Trying to get their retaliation in first obviously. You couldnt be up to them. Morelos will likely face a charge for his aggressive gesture on Friday.

Its important that we as a club fight our corner here. If one of our players did something like that at Ibrox you wouldnt hear the end of it. The other lot claiming it to be a South American cultural thing is absolute lies. And their statements since the game is a desperate attempt to deflect from Morelos' poor bahaviour. No surprise we know what we're up against with that lot. Celtic need to stand up for ourselves here.

Yeah it's embarrassing really, not a peep out of them when Sinclair was receiving racist abuse from their fans.

The culture story about Morelos's gesture is laughable, can't believe some people are actually buying that.

• Advertisement

I suppose Kent's goal celebration was his culture too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

I suppose Kent's goal celebration was his culture too.

Seemingly to do with some hip hop sh1te he’s into. Can you imagine the chaos if Scott Brown did either gesture (Kent or Morelos)?

They’re trying to deflect from Morelos behavior in particular with this bullsh1t statement.

Apparently rumours going about that there’s more to come out regarding Christie’s emergency surgery after the game too.

We need to be very pro-active in this window. Both Eddy and Brown need serious back up brought in and a centre half too.

Elyounoussi and Elhamed coming back in will be big plus points too.

We need to make sure to put them and especially the classless “Mr. Gerrard” back into their box.

RoryMac wrote: »
    Yeah it's embarrassing really, not a peep out of them when Sinclair was receiving racist abuse from their fans.

The culture story about Morelos's gesture is laughable, can't believe some people are actually buying that.

They're trolling and deflecting from what Morelos in particular was at. He has such a poor temperament for a so called professional footballer, so they're resorting to obvious and desperate deflection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Classless club in every shape and form

Ryan Christie is from North Scotland. It’s his culture to grab hold of a pair of boll0cks. It means a totally different thing there than it does in the rest of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

The laughable part is not the 2 game ban for Christie it is the fact that Morelos did the exact same to Christie previously and nothing done after the game. He slapped Brown in the balls in a previous game nothing down after the game. He stamped on Ralston's back and nothing done after the game. In the League Cup Final he raked Ajer's foot from behind and nothing done after the game.
    2 game ban for Christie ok but only if you apply the same rules apply to Morelos's behaviour as well.

eire4 wrote: »
    The laughable part is not the 2 game ban for Christie it is the fact that Morelos did the exact same to Christie previously and nothing done after the game. He slapped Brown in the balls in a previous game nothing down after the game. He stamped on Ralston's back and nothing done after the game. In the League Cup Final he raked Ajer's foot from behind and nothing done after the game.
    2 game ban for Christie ok but only if you apply the same rules apply to Morelos's behaviour as well.

It's racist so it is the way that Morelos is being singled out for attention.

It's racist so it is the way that Morelos is being singled out for attention.

They are masters of projection accusing others of what they so often indulge in themselves.

• Advertisement

eire4 wrote: »
    They are masters of projection accusing others of what they so often indulge in themselves.

Morelos should definitely be cited over the next couple of days. If he isn't Celtic shouldn't stand for it. In fact he should have been cited several times over recent games. He's been Getting away with murder and the other lot know it fine well but lie through their teeth to paint a different scenario.

In fairness if they think Morelos was racially abused I'd have to assume they are right, they do know a good old racial slur when they hear one.

https://www.theredcard.org/news/2009/10/21/maurice-edu-racially-abused

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Rumours that Chelsea are going to bid for Dembele from Lyon. I think Celtic have a 10% sell on fee

Rumours that Chelsea are going to bid for Dembele from Lyon. I think Celtic have a 10% sell on fee

Depay is out for the rest of the season. Don’t think Lyon are willing to sell. No doubt Lawwell will have inserted a sell-on clause though.

Would Lyon come in for Eddy if Dembele goes though?

Looks like Sinclair is on his way to Preston, he was unbelievable for us in the first 18 months. Sorry to see him leave but hopefully his wages will be used now to strengthen

If indeed this is the end for Sinclair at Celtic he will leave with my best wishes for sure and thanks for all the great memories and goals he gave us while in the hoops.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Great player, dont know what happened with him but wish him well. A Celtic legend may be a bit much but he has a place in history ðŸ€

Scott Sinclair's Celtic record

Games: 167
    Starts: 121
    Goals: 62
    Assists: 34
    Secondary assists: 39

Celtic scored 397 goals during the Treble Treble and Sinclair was directly involved in 134 of them, 34%.

He scored in 4 Rangers games in a single season, only Larsson managed that

That move to Preston confirmed, hope he does well there. A very good signing overall for Celtic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭US2

Lennon says he Hope's to bring in a striker and a winger and that's it. Hopefully no more departures

There is no sell on clause.

There is no sell on clause.

Link?

• Advertisement

Link?

I’m fairly sure that Lyon released a statement go the stock market when he was signed, with the details of the deal. There was no sell on clause.

I’m fairly sure that Lyon released a statement go the stock market when he was signed, with the details of the deal. There was no sell on clause.

It's widely reported everywhere else that there is a sell on clause, and it would be very unlike Lawwell not to have inserted one. The above is fictional unless reported otherwise.

Looks like Lewis Morgan is gone. It seems unless there is a late hitch he is going to the new MLS team in Miami for 900,000. Makes sense really he just has not and is not going to make it at Celtic and we actually still made a small profit on his transfer as we bought him for only 300,000.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭gustafo

Any ideas when they will be selling tickets for the home europa league clash with copenhagen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

gustafo wrote: »
    Any ideas when they will be selling tickets for the home europa league clash with copenhagen?

No general sale as yet anyway
    http://www.celticfc.net/tickets

Patrick Klimala 3.5m Polish striker doing a medical

Patrick Klimala 3.5m Polish striker doing a medical

Seems more like one for the future rather than guarantee 9-in-a-row.

Seems more like one for the future rather than guarantee 9-in-a-row.

He's being bought to support Edouard, or maybe play with him if we go two up top sometimes. I think we'll be seeing lots of him because right now Edouard has little or no back up.

He's being bought to support Edouard, or maybe play with him if we go two up top sometimes. I think we'll be seeing lots of him because right now Edouard has little or no back up.

Think your probably right there. I imagine we will see him feature a decent amount. Who knows we may even see him off the bench on Saturday if the deal and paperwork gets done in time. Wonder will this signal maybe a loan move for Bayo.
    I am not a fan but he has not really had a run yet partly due to injuries but he needs games so maybe send him on loan to another spfl team and see what he can do over the next few months in our own league and then make a decision on his future next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 330 ✭✭The_Fitz

Anyone heading to Copenhagen away?

We’re flying to Hamburg from Dublin on the Wednesday morning. Friday afternoon we’re flying Billund back to Dublin.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement